Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Non Jet Free Agency News and Signings

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    pff newsflash - THEY'RE ALL DIVAS.

Cook was only speaking up cause they're putting on the field. I can't blame him. It was horrible mismanagement of talent by the Coaching staff.
    if he was franchished he wanted it to be as a WR becasue thats only for 1 year. if signed to multi years dont think he would ask for WR kind of money (and would not get it anyway) seemed that way to me

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the dolphins grab any number of the right tackles in free agency they should be fine at that spot next year. Most nfl experts agree that Martin is a better fit on the left side, and he played better their last year.

I don't think losing jake long, reggie bush, and sean smith is a big deal.

Jake long was downright bad last year, same with sean smith (aside from a few games). Shouldn't be too hard to replace. I know just about every jets fan says they got better by getting rid of Pace and Scott. It's the same as that. Lamar Miller should be able to replace reggie bush. He is another overrated player that wasn't very good for us last year.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sect313 View Post
    if he was franchished he wanted it to be as a WR becasue thats only for 1 year. if signed to multi years dont think he would ask for WR kind of money (and would not get it anyway) seemed that way to me
    Yes, and statiscally he had every right to be. He lined up at WR the majority of the plays. That to me gives him just cause.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, and statiscally he had every right to be. He lined up at WR the majority of the plays. That to me gives him just cause.
    Then Gronk and Graham should be paid like Calvin Johnson.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sources tell Ian Rapoport of NFL.com that talks between free agent Wes Welker and the Patriots are "over at this point."

Rapoport is former Patriots beat writer. He goes on to say that fellow free agent slot receiver Danny Amendola is "waiting in the wings," a potential hint that the Pats don't consider Welker a priority any longer. Based on Welker's early-season usage and the lack of progress on a new deal throughout the offseason, it shouldn't come as a huge surprise. Welker's market around the league won't be scorching hot as a scheme-dependent, 31-year-old niche player.

Related: Danny Amendola
    Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Then Gronk and Graham should be paid like Calvin Johnson.
    And they will (if you wanna play the exageration x10 game...)

If you think these guys are going to stick to typical TE salaries, you're sorely mistaken. This isn't wesley walls and alge crumpler we're talking about. Their agents aren't going to swallow TE franchise tags and extensions.

..why am I even talking about this with you? You're not an idiot. You know what I'm saying true.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Belichicks gotta fill that white midget slot with somebody.

In all seriousness that would be a good get for them, much cheaper than Welker and provides a similar skill set

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no. The Ravens are in trouble.

@adbrandt: Ravens. RT: @ChrisCanty99: The ink is dry. It's official!!! http://t.co/S64zVn1dVs

@RavensInsider: Chris Canty is a big five-technique defensive lineman, only 30 years old. 6-7, 317 pounds. This should help the defense a lot.

@RavensInsider: James Harrison's agent talks with Ravens http://t.co/wOq6cf9GdU

@RavensInsider: League source confirms new Ravens defensive lineman Chris Canty's three-year is worth $8 million
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-12-2013 at 07:46 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    And they will (if you wanna play the exageration x10 game...)

If you think these guys are going to stick to typical TE salaries, you're sorely mistaken. This isn't wesley walls and alge crumpler we're talking about. Their agents aren't going to swallow TE franchise tags and extensions.

..why am I even talking about this with you? You're not an idiot. You know what I'm saying true.
    But on the owner's side, they're still a TE. Damn good TE's, but still TE's.

That's why the salaries inflate, because owners cave to the demands of players like that. The going rate for a TE is not Calvin Johnson money. I would argue that a left tackle is more valuable than a WR in most cases, but the money doesn't match up.

I know what you mean, but you know what I mean too. We're just chatting about it anyway. I'm still pissed Aso got 15 million/year from Al Davis who ruined the market for Revis today.

**** YOU, AL DAVIS. May you rest in peace.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post

@adbrandt: Ravens. RT: @ChrisCanty99: The ink is dry. It's official!!! http://t.co/S64zVn1dVs

@RavensInsider: Chris Canty is a big five-technique defensive lineman, only 30 years old. 6-7, 317 pounds. This should help the defense a lot.

That's gotta sting in Pittsburgh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN: RT @ProFootballTalk Percy Harvin numbers coming. Will post full details. $67M over 6 yrs. $14.5M fully guaranteed. $11M more for injury

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did Devito get so much money?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    How did Devito get so much money?
    Chiefs have it to give away.

I'm glad he got it. From our vantage point, it's backpay for all the years of service.

If we gave it to him now, I'd be furious.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Chiefs have it to give away.

I'm glad he got it. From our vantage point, it's backpay for all the years of service.

If we gave it to him now, I'd be furious.
    Agreed. I wouldn't pay it, but happy for him.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    maybe it helps us next year with compensatory picks. the bigger the deals the jets FAs sign, the morelikely we are to get comp picks. unless the jets sign a scrub for a ton of money.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RAIDERS: The Raiders have released WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, DB Michael Huff and DE David Tollefson; and re-signed DB Phillip Adams.

Don't rule out DHB to Jets. At the right price. He liked Lal was his WR coach. Can Huff play S?
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-12-2013 at 07:54 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RAIDERS: The Raiders have released WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, DB Michael Huff and DE David Tollefson; and re-signed DB Phillip Adams.

Don't rule out DHB to Jets. At the right price. He liked Lal was his WR coach
    Huff as well. He can play safety and CB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't rule out DHB to Jets. At the right price. He liked Lal was his WR coach. Can Huff play S?
    And we liked his speed coming out of college...Bradway is still here.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Anyone think this guy is worth 7M per outside of the Dolphins facilities?

13M per with Wallace? That team is gonna be in trouble in a few years.
    Wallaces 13 mil is way too high, but he is young and could continue to develop. Ellerbe is a beast and is worth the 7 million. As far as cap hell,Wallace is by far their biggest contract now and if Tannehill develops they have their qb on a rookie contract for 4 more yrs. I think their cap situation gets even better next yr

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

@RavensInsider: League source confirms new Ravens defensive lineman Chris Canty's three-year is worth $8 million

LOL

Canty hasn't done dick since he left Dallas and Harrison is done as...done.