Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Non Jet Free Agency News and Signings

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The way that contracts reads, if he has a bad season, the Fish will cut him before the start of the 2014 season.
    The way the contract reads, that $17.25MM in 2014 is fully guaranteed.

No way the Phins would cut him owing that kind of coin.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @rlradski: @TonyBrunoShow New team picture for Ravens. http://t.co/xbDWEk6kdd
    Have they lost more players than us? It must be close.

@JasonLaCanfora: Eagles have been focused on Barwin for a while now, among pass rushing options. Nothing agreed to yet, but trending that way

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Another Eagles' pickup. RT @taniaganguli: The deal is done. Connor Barwin is going to the Eagles. #Texans

1 Turkey Day game

Rich Eisen ‏@richeisen Bingo
    RT @MikeGent96: Under schedule rotation only OAK or DEN can play at DAL on T'giving this year so you can guess who CBS would want

@ProFootballWkly: Another pass rusher for Seattle RT @ProFootballTalk: DE Michael Bennett agrees to one-year, $5 million deal with the Seahawks

@adbrandt: Michael Bennett signs one-year deal w/Sea. Usually over a week into free agency before seeing one-year "prove it" deals.

nice bennett pickup for one year

@RapSheet: Former #Cardinals safety Adrian Wilson is set to visit with the Patriots, according to a source. Interesting...

@RavensInsider: Colts announce the Ricky-Jean Francois deal

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Interesting - Mike Wallace Contract:

The cap numbers are

$3.25 million in 2013 GUARANTEED (Includes $2.2M signing bonus)
    $17.25 million in 2014 GUARANTEED (Includes $2.2M signing bonus)
    $12.1 million in 2015, $3M Injury GUARANTEED (Includes $2.2M signing bonus)
    $13.7 million in 2016 (Includes $2.2M signing bonus)
    $13.7 million in 2017 (Includes $2.2M signing bonus)

That's a lot of cap space to eat up in 2014.
    Since when is Tanny working for the phins.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    My guess there is a 5 mill convertible roster bonus in Sept, this way they keep money for this year, if they don't need it in Sept they put the 5 mill in this years cap and take 5 mill from the 17 mill due in 2014.

@AdamSchefter: RT @mikerodak: The Patriots will host DE John Abraham tomorrow, @MikeReiss confirms

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    @AdamSchefter: RT @mikerodak: The Patriots will host DE John Abraham tomorrow, @MikeReiss confirms
    Abraham would be a solid pick up in the Trevor Scott role, 20-25 snaps a game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Abraham would be a solid pick up in the Trevor Scott role, 20-25 snaps a game.
    Until the playoffs when he sits out with a groin injury.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    RT @MikeGarafolo: Yup---> RT @tomecurran: In addition to John Abraham and Adrian Wilson, the Patriots will be hosting Dwight Freeney.

Jenny Vrentas ‏@JennyVrentas
    Per @AdamSchefter, free-agent WR Louis Murphy, formerly of Raiders and Panthers, is visiting Giants today.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Until the playoffs when he sits out with a groin injury.
    But we have to get there first

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I don't know much about the way the cap works, but if I'm reading that Wallace contract correctly, he could be cut after year 3 without much of a cap hit right? It doesn't look like he has any gaurantees after the 3rd year besides the signing bonuses. So if he was cut after year 3 it would only be like a 4 million dollar cap hit, and 2 million after year 4? Can anybody confirm this?

If thats the case, then I would say thats a nice way to be structured for the dolphins, and very un Tanny like. Tanny always got stuck with backloaded guarantees didn't he? So he couldn't cut a player if they were underperforming.

Ireland has always done a good job with contract structures. People said we overpaid for Dansby but we only kept him for 3 years, maybe paid him about 7 million per, then got out of it when he got too expensive without taking a big hit.

But if somebody could confirm what I was saying about the Wallace contract I would appreciate it, because like I said, I'm not great with the cap, but it looks like after year 3 the dolphins could get out of hit without alot of dead money.