Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Non Jet Free Agency News and Signings

@AdamSchefter: Colts free-agent DE Dwight Freeney scheduled to visit Denver tonight, per @Edwerderespn. Broncos also plan to host visit with John Abraham.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    We'll have to wait till he signs to see the money, but if he was looking for around 2 million a year, he would have been signed by now. Plus the Jets have a lot of needs and signing two OLBs through free agency may not fit their budget. The Jets also have the #9 pick in the draft where there are numerous OLB prospects that would be available.
    Not only that but there's quite a bit of depth at OLB this year.Some good players will be had in Rd 3 or 4

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ProFootballWkly: RT @RapSheet: Sources: #Raiders have given permission for LB Rolando McClain's agent to facilitate a trade out of Oakland.
    Why does McClain want out? Besides the obvious "it's the raiders"

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Why does McClain want out? Besides the obvious "it's the raiders"
    they want him out. total jackaas. he was a model citizen at Alabama now he's a major off the field problem. kinda blows on the field too

@AdamSchefter: RT @MikeGarafolo: Osi Umenyiora has made his first visit. It was today with the Atlanta Falcons. No word on a signing yet.

@AdamSchefter: Bears announced they were unable to sign LB Brian Urlacher and are moving in another direction.

Banned
    Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) tweeted at 6:54 PM on Wed, Mar 20, 2013:
    Future Hall of Fame safety Ed Reed has agreed to terms with the Texans, ending his Ravens career.
    (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/s...10168106872832)

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) tweeted at 6:54 PM on Wed, Mar 20, 2013:
    Future Hall of Fame safety Ed Reed has agreed to terms with the Texans, ending his Ravens career.
    (https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/s...10168106872832)

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    @RavensInsider: Ravens had already scheduled a visit with former Raiders safety Michael Huff and have spent plenty of time on top draft safeties.

@RavensInsider: Hearing Ed Reed got as much as $7 million total guaranteed on his two-year deal, per a league source.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-20-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Victor Butler visited the Steelers on Monday, per a league source.

He visited last week too..Sounds like he may be a Steeler
    @JasonLaCanfora: LB Victor Butler will visit the Saints on Thurs. he has already met with the Steelers

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @REALPACMAN24: Happy to say this morning that i agreed to a three year deal with the Bengals Stand up WHODEY!!!!!

RT @jwyattsports: Former #Ravens safety Bernard Pollard tells @JosinaAnderson he has agreed to a one-year deal with the #Titans

Hall Of Fame
    RT @jwyattsports: Former #Ravens safety Bernard Pollard tells @JosinaAnderson he has agreed to a one-year deal with the #Titans
    Wow. I wonder if we ever kicked the tires.

@schwartzfeinsod: Robert Turner has agreed to terms with the Tennessee Titans

Crap, I really wanted Pollard.

@RavensInsider: Jaguars announce signing of wr jordan shipley

Hall Of Fame
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 13s
    Chiefs are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for franchise OT Branden Albert.

Chiefs are seeking a second-round pick in this year's draft as well as another pick in 2014 in a trade for franchise OT Branden Albert.
    This is going to be a tough trade to make happen. Not as Bad as Revis but close.

The guys has 9mill in his back pocket and is the only top LT that will be a FA next year. He will not want to sign long term in this depressed market IMO unless someone want to give him 5 and 45 with a 20 mill SB

Why do they want to move him? It doesn't sound like he is a bust though perhaps he is more suited to Rt and too expensive? Sounds like they will just be opening up a hole on the roster to me.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Why do they want to move him? It doesn't sound like he is a bust though perhaps he is more suited to Rt and too expensive? Sounds like they will just be opening up a hole on the roster to me.
    They're probably planning on taking one of the Tackles as the 1st pick in the draft this year......Joeckel maybe?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I think it's cause they recognize that the best use of their #1 pick is on a LT, and Albert has been OK at but not stellar. Albert's already voiced his displeasure about moving back to guard and is too $$ for a RT. ... So they franchise'd him in so far as they can either trade him and get something in return, or use him for a 1-year solution at RT.

Makes sense to me.