Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Non Jet Free Agency News and Signings

Hall Of Fame
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Falcons clearly in the market for a corner now, with Grimes and Robinson gone.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Falcons clearly in the market for a corner now, with Grimes and Robinson gone.
    I was thinking that too...And it seems Nnamdi Asomugha is down to SF or NO, at least as of a few days ago...Subject to change.."Torn" AKA "who is going to give me a better deal?"

Report: Nnamdi Asomugha 'torn' between 49ers, Saints

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21948411/report-nnamdi-asomugha-torn-between-49ers-saints

Veteran
    Every time a CB gets signed and doesn't go to TB the leverage in any Revis deal swings that much more in our favor. TB doesn't have a legitimate 1 or 2 CB on their roster, they have backed themselves into a corner and this is exactly what Idzik was waiting for.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I was thinking that too...And it seems Nnamdi Asomugha is down to SF or NO, at least as of a few days ago...Subject to change.."Torn" AKA "who is going to give me a better deal?"

Report: Nnamdi Asomugha 'torn' between 49ers, Saints

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21948411/report-nnamdi-asomugha-torn-between-49ers-saints
    Once Nnamdi signs his one year 5.5 mill. dollar deal the free fall of the CB market will be complete.

Hall Of Fame
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Michael Huff's deal with Ravens, makes $2.35M in base and bonus in 2013. Would earn $1.75M in 2014 and $1.9M in 2015

Damn, that was a cheap deal.

Hall Of Fame
    The Browns have dealt QB Colt McCoy to the 49ers. Another QB on the move

Hall Of Fame
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Terms of deal: Browns agree to trade QB Colt McCoy and 6th-round pick to San Francisco for 5th- and 7th-round picks. Niners have new backup.

Mentioned Browns interest in Hoyer earlier, McCoy being gone makes that a bit more feasible... so I may have misspoke #can'tstoptradingQBs

@granthpaulsen: Source: #Redskins and CB Deangelo Hall have agreed on a one-year deal that will bring the veteran defender back to Washington.

@AdamSchefter: Former Raiders wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey reached agreement on a one-year deal with the Indianapolis Colts.

@AdamSchefter: Deal for DHB and Colts is for one-year, up to $3 million.

@RichCimini: WR Darrius Heyward-Bey signs 1-year deal with Colts, per @AdamSchefter. #Jets had expressed some interest.

All League
    So the Ravens easily reload with Elvis and Huf all in one year, it takes us 50 years to freaking reload. Pathetic!

Hall Of Fame
    On corner DeAngelo Hall's return to Skins, hearing 1-year deal will be worth roughly $2.25M. Skins may still be hunt for CB Antoine Winfield

NationalFootballPost ‏@FootballPost
    Porter agrees to deal with Raiders: Cornerback leaves rival Broncos for Oakland. http://bit.ly/103imQv

JennaLaineBucs ‏@JennaLaineBucs
    Source tells me that Giants Pro Bowl WR Steve Smith has signed with the Buccaneers this morning.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Nate Kaeding joining the Buccaneers, according to his agent, Rick Smith

@JasonLaCanfora: Former 2nd rnd pick Pat White is visiting WSH Wed. The QB is very likely to sign there. Good scheme fit for him. He cancelled visit to NYG

Quote Originally Posted by Choon328 View Post
    Every time a CB gets signed and doesn't go to TB the leverage in any Revis deal swings that much more in our favor. TB doesn't have a legitimate 1 or 2 CB on their roster, they have backed themselves into a corner and this is exactly what Idzik was waiting for.
    That is one way to look at it but in three weeks tampa drafts Rhodes where does the leverage go?

Eric Wright is a good #2 corner and has been one for 5 years. he may be overpaid but his is a solid player. He had a bad year last year as he got suspended and missed 1/2 the season.

I understand that there has been a lot of talk, but do you believe that Tampa is going to trade for Revis before he can work out?

And the leverage swings which way if Tampa drafts Rhodes to play alongside Goldson, Barron and Wright? And then sign winfield or jammer as a zone corner.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    That is one way to look at it but in three weeks tampa drafts Rhodes where does the leverage go?

Eric Wright is a good #2 corner and has been one for 5 years. he may be overpaid but his is a solid player. He had a bad year last year as he got suspended and missed 1/2 the season.

I understand that there has been a lot of talk, but do you believe that Tampa is going to trade for Revis before he can work out?

And the leverage swings which way if Tampa drafts Rhodes to play alongside Goldson, Barron and Wright? And then sign winfield or jammer as a zone corner.
    I think the Bucs want to trade for Revis AND draft Rhodes. This is why they are so hesitant about trading their first round pick this year. As far as Wright goes, he is merely a plan C option right now, the Bucs want to cut him and save the 7.75 million and zero dead money contract he has. NFL Network had a beat writer from Tampa on last night and he stated that the injury really doesnt bother them and it is something that will not hold up the trade. He also said they are still very interested and are waiting on Idzik for the next move. Schiano wants man to man corners, those zone guys do not really interest them.

I think the Bucs want to trade for Revis AND draft Rhodes. This is why they are so hesitant about trading their first round pick this year. As far as Wright goes, he is merely a plan C option right now, the Bucs want to cut him and save the 7.75 million and zero dead money contract he has. NFL Network had a beat writer from Tampa on last night and he stated that the injury really doesnt bother them and it is something that will not hold up the trade. He also said they are still very interested and are waiting on Idzik for the next move. Schiano wants man to man corners, those zone guys do not really interest them.
    @NFLSTROUD: Eric Wright returns to Tampa, contract restructure likely http://t.co/M7M50Cwh3i via @TB_Times

I could be wrong but I think Wright is more of a man-to-man CB

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @NFLSTROUD: Eric Wright returns to Tampa, contract restructure likely http://t.co/M7M50Cwh3i via @TB_Times

I could be wrong but I think Wright is more of a man-to-man CB
    He is, I was referring to Winfield and Jammer.

He is, I was referring to Winfield and Jammer.
    Ok. My bad.

@JasonLaCanfora: I'm told Eric Wright did not agree to a restructured deal of any sort with the Bucs today. The corner's situation still in flux

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @caplannfl: The #Falcons are going to release starting RT Tyson Clabo, according to his agent, Chad Speck.