Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 665

Thread: Non Jet Free Agency News and Signings

  1. #1
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Non Jet Free Agency News and Signings

    Mods,

    With the deluge of info and rumors that are going to be coming out today and tomorrow, it might be best to have one place to put this. Maybe have one thread for NON JET news and rumors, but have a specific thread for any Jet related news??? Let us know how you guys want to address this.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    I'm hearing DE Jason Jones has drawn interest from several teams, including NYG, DET, CLE and KC.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    I. Sopoaga makes a lot of sense for the Eagles. They need a true 3-4 NT.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good thread!

    Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson
    Agent Carl Poston just told me that Chris Gamble informed him last night that he wants to retire. His full quote is coming next.

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    There's a lot of buzz out there about CLE being VERY aggressive early in Free Agency.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    There's a lot of buzz out there about CLE being VERY aggressive early in Free Agency.
    Holy crap they have approx $47M in cap space..

    http://www.overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2013

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Holy crap they have approx $47M in cap space..

    http://www.overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2013
    Crazy, I guess its easy to be very aggressive with that much cap room. Cincinnati has almost 40 million I think.

  8. #8
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Holy crap they have approx $47M in cap space..

    http://www.overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space.php?Year=2013
    Hopefully we'll be in the same boat next year.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,538
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks
    There's a lot of buzz out there about CLE being VERY aggressive early in Free Agency.
    And you know what that means??? Next year at this time CLE will be
    cursing the contracts they handed out!!! It happens EVERY year

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Hopefully we'll be in the same boat next year.
    As long as there isnt a bunch of restructures or bad signings the Jets could have around 30 million to play with.

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    And you know what that means??? Next year at this time CLE will be
    cursing the contracts they handed out!!! It happens EVERY year
    Maybe not, they have so much room that if they play it right could carry over some of that money into next year and not be maxed out.

  12. #12
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    As long as there isnt a bunch of restructures or bad signings the Jets could have around 30 million to play with.
    Yep

    Exactly why I don't understand why we've been approaching Holmes about a restructure.

    Anyone who expects the Jets to win more than 6-7 games this year...well...I admire their optimism.

    This is probably a 5-11 or 6-10 type of team.

    Just take your lumps this year then REALLY start to re-tool in 2014.

  13. #13
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    828
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    As long as there isnt a bunch of restructures or bad signings the Jets could have around 30 million to play with.
    I thought that number was a lot less....if thats the case they may have the room to take a stab at one top tier FA.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yep

    Exactly why I don't understand why we've been approaching Holmes about a restructure.

    Anyone who expects the Jets to win more than 6-7 games this year...well...I admire their optimism.

    This is probably a 5-11 or 6-10 type of team.

    Just take your lumps this year then REALLY start to re-tool in 2014.
    As it stands right now the Jets will save 16.5 million in cutting Sanchez and Holmes next year. Leave those contracts alone.

  15. #15
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I thought that number was a lot less....if thats the case they may have the room to take a stab at one top tier FA.
    Yeah, but who?

    Have you seen the 2014 FA list?

    There's really no one under 30 that sticks out.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I thought that number was a lot less....if thats the case they may have the room to take a stab at one top tier FA.
    Those numbers were for 2014, not this year.

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Vikings trying to trade WR Percy Harvin and are in discussions with Seahawks, amongst other teams, per team sources. Seahawks favored.

    And so the first blockbuster trade of the week is shaping up to involve...Percy Harvin. Imagine Harvin, Russell Wilson and Beastmode.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-11-2013 at 12:50 PM.

  18. #18
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,533
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Yep

    Exactly why I don't understand why we've been approaching Holmes about a restructure.

    Anyone who expects the Jets to win more than 6-7 games this year...well...I admire their optimism.

    This is probably a 5-11 or 6-10 type of team.

    Just take your lumps this year then REALLY start to re-tool in 2014.
    I'm thinking 3-5 wins.

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Vikings trying to trade WR Percy Harvin and are in discussions with Seahawks, amongst other teams, per team sources. Seahawks favored.
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    And so the first blockbuster trade of the week is shaping up to involve...Percy Harvin. Imagine Harvin, Russell Wilson and Beastmode.

  20. #20
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    828
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Those numbers were for 2014, not this year.
    gotcha...sorry

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us