Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Non Jet Free Agency News and Signings

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Like Santonio Holmes?
    No, actually more like Adailius ThomAs a few years back...Jets traded a 5th for Holmes and his existing contract, not a high priced free agent, unlike Thomas, who your team overpaid out of free agency and never got any production out him...Nice Try tho, wiseass
    Last edited by Mohegangreen; 03-13-2013 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    No, actually more like Adailius ThomAs a few years back...Jets traded a 5th for Holmes and his existing contract, not a high priced free agent, unlike Thomas, who your team overpaid out of free agency and never got any production out him, wiseass...Nice Try tho
    Heck Dion Branch would be a better example than Holmes. I was thinking of guys like Larry Brown, Dexter Jackson, guys who made it to the super bowl like Delhomme and O'Donnell.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Like Santonio Holmes?
    It takes you about one and half minutes on average to post....so you've spent 78,255 minutes posting in an opposing teams forum. That's ~1304 hours....54 days of being pretty dumb human. No matter how good the patriots are, that makes you literally the biggest loser in a board full of fans of a team known for losing...good luck in life bud.

Rayshawn (Kentucky)
    From what you saw on tape of Nnahmdi the last 2 years is he done or was just mismatched for his talents in philly?

Matt Williamson (12:06 PM)
    Never the fastest guy, he has lost a step. And as a pure man to man CB, once beaten, he couldn't recover. That is a big problem. Feel like he needs to adapt his skills to become more of an Off Coverage CB or Cover 2 type, but isn't real quick in short areas for Cover 2

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/47357

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Heck Dion Branch would be a better example than Holmes. I was thinking of guys like Larry Brown, Dexter Jackson, guys who made it to the super bowl like Delhomme and O'Donnell.

Agreed, wiseass comments like these by Old TX makes me really enjoy this year's playoff choke job by the Patsies, unfortunately for him its become an annual occurrence that we all can enjoy...:-)

RichCimini Rich Cimini
    Looks like RB Shonn Greene poised to sign with Titans, per @jwyattsports. #jets

That's a good place for him as a secondary back to Chris Johnson. This will be the biggest roster turnover for the Jets that I have ever seen.

Matt (MA)
    Why haven't we heard more about teams pursuing the Patriots OT Volmer? He is the best tackle in free agency, right?

Matt Williamson (12:07 PM)
    I think he is a total stud and the best RT in football...a little shocked myself

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    RichCimini Rich Cimini

That's a good place for him as a secondary back to Chris Johnson. This will be the biggest roster turnover for the Jets that I have ever seen.
    One year from now, Greene will be cut and out of football. Will be an absolute disaster for the Titans. Book it.

Bob Glauber ‏@BobGlauber
    Potential fallout in event Rams sign Jake Long as left tackle: Incumbent LT Rodger Saffold likely will ask for trade.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Matt (MA)
    Why haven't we heard more about teams pursuing the Patriots OT Volmer? He is the best tackle in free agency, right?

Matt Williamson (12:07 PM)
    I think he is a total stud and the best RT in football...a little shocked myself
    He must want a lot of cash and I'm surprised that the pats have not stepped up on him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    RichCimini Rich Cimini

Yea, but yet we are not rebuilding according to some posters here

All League
    Word around the league is the Patriots' offer to Welker came in substantially lower than expected, and he's seriously considering bolting NE
    8:13am - 13 Mar 13

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TokyoJetsFan View Post
    Word around the league is the Patriots' offer to Welker came in substantially lower than expected, and he's seriously considering bolting NE
    8:13am - 13 Mar 13
    Then Beli will just sign Jennings, or Amendola to replace him

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    So Lions haul today now includes Reggie Bush, Jason Jones, Chris Houston.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    As @espn_nfcnblog is reporting and has been confirmed, Lions and Reggie Bush have reached agreement on 4-year deal.
    Lions finally got a running back

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Eagles still hunting for pass rush, have been talking to Connor Barwin and Victor Butler, among others.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Report: Raiders having "preliminary" talks with Vince Young

I think the Lions are going to be pretty dissapointed with Reggie as an every down back. I think he would be a nice signing as a 3rd down back, but I think the detroit fans are going to be expecting alot more than what they are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    No, actually more like Adailius ThomAs a few years back...Jets traded a 5th for Holmes and his existing contract, not a high priced free agent, unlike Thomas, who your team overpaid out of free agency and never got any production out him...Nice Try tho, wiseass

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    One year from now, Greene will be cut and out of football. Will be an absolute disaster for the Titans. Book it.
    Well, as a guy to come in for some late 2nd half and late game carries Greene might be ok.

What is just amazing, is how many reporters, when referencing his signing, call him a "bruising back". He weighs less then arian foster.

The only way bruising part of his game is the bruises he gets from running directly into defenders as opposed to around them.