Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Non Jet Free Agency News and Signings

@RapSheet: #Raiders LB Philip Wheeler is on his way to the Miami #Dolphins. The deal has been agreed upon. Came right after 4 p.m.

@RapSheet: It's a five-year deal for Philip Wheeler and #Dolphins, I'm told. One of top LBs on the market. Or, was.

@WilliamsonNFL: Would say #Vikings #Jets or #Texans are best fits for DHB

Vikings release Winfield

Plaxico signs with Steelers

@MoveTheSticks: Sent a GM this text: "will Huff get big money?" reply "no"

Rookie
    I would love for us to sign Rey Maualuga.

@RapSheet: Numbers on the deal for Philip Wheeler and #Dolphins: 5 years, $26M with $13M fully guaranteed. #ATM #FreeAgency

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Maybe Sanjay can land us another Raider castoff.

@NFL_ATL: Falcons reportedly re-up with CB Brent Grimes, currently recovering from a torn Achilles. Smart move. http://t.co/mYaKMCGm7e

@ProFootballWkly: RT @EdBouchette: QB Bruce Gradkowski to visit #Steelers Wednesday. Pittsburgh native.

@NFL_ATL: Falcons reportedly re-up with CB Brent Grimes, currently recovering from a torn Achilles. Smart move. http://t.co/mYaKMCGm7e
    That'll help them play against Seattle and San Fran, both teams who just acquired premium WRs.

DHB is a bad fit for the Jets. He is a faster version of the same player- Stephen Hill. You combine S Hill with DHB its going to be tough for your Qb to complete 60% of his passes. (a lot of drops) Both Hill and DHb can run block very well.

@Jason_OTC: Here is the #Raiders updated cap charts. Nearly $33 million in dead money before April. All moves that had to happen http://t.co/jMa0Pksmun

@Jason_OTC: It was an awful job and this was the first step towards really fixing the #Raiders

@RapSheet: #Raiders DT Desmond Bryant is going to sign with Cleveland. Best DT on the market.

@ProFootballTalk: Broncos likely to sign Rashard Mendenhall http://t.co/vyb99uIdTP

@MMehtaNYDN: RT @JasonColeYahoo LaRon Landry tour after Indy: Ariz, DET, SF if he doesn't sign somewhere. #nyj

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Per NFLN, Ellerbe to Miami.

Wow.
    Miami is spending like crazy, where did they get all this money

Quote Originally Posted by NYDreamer View Post
    I would love for us to sign Rey Maualuga.
    Is Rey a FA?

That would be a nice pick-up, but what is his status?

@AlbertBreer: OT Jake Long will take a physical in St. Louis tomorrow, and the chances he signs there hinge on its results.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Miami is spending like crazy, where did they get all this money
    We had alot of free agents this year. Jake Long coming off the books saved us quite a bit of money. The good thing is, none of our free agents, for the most part, played that well last year. So it's not like we are losing a ton of production. Guys like Jake Long, Sean Smith, and Reggie Bush all struggled last year.

But with the 2 linebackers we signed, we didn't really have to spend much considering we cut our 2 starting linebackers which evens things up a bit. I don't know much about either of the 2 guys we signed, but most of what I read is saying they are both pretty good players, younger, faster, better at rushing the passer, but not quite as good in coverage as Dansby and Burnett.

I think the Jets should look into signing Dansby depending on how much he costs. He's still a good player, and would probably thrive with Rex. He's a very versitile player.

According to Adam Schefter, Dustin keller is making a visit to the dolphins today.

I would've rather had Jared Cook, but what do you guys think of Keller. I always thought he was a little overrated by Jets fans, but I'm curious to see what you guys think. I know he was always Sanchez' security blanket. Is this guy capable of putting up good numbers with an average quarterback? How much do you think he is worth?