Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jets Coordinator Conference Calls - Monday 03/11

Jets Coordinator Conference Calls - Monday 03/11

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Dennis Thurman kicks off #Jets coordinator conf. calls, says it "doesn't matter to me" whether he or Rex makes defensive play calls.

Hall Of Fame

Dennis Thurman- Marty Mornhinweg conference call

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Thurman says 3-4 vs. 4-3 will be determined by personnel. Too soon to say how much they'll run of each. #nyj

Thurman says the GM and head coach will make decision on Revis, not him. Said he has not spoken to him recently. #nyj

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Thurman on Revis: We coach who's here. Learned a long time ago not to get too emotional about possibility of losing players. #Jets

Thurman says 3-4 vs. 4-3 will be determined by personnel. Too soon to say how much they'll run of each.

Thurman says the GM and head coach will make decision on Revis, not him. Said he has not spoken to him recently.

Thurman on potentially losing Revis: "Our mindset is we coach who is here."

Hall Of Fame
    LOL...you got this one CMart?? I will defer to you on this.

He didnt have much to say which is concerning for a head defensive coach. Im sure he knows what he is doing....we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...you got this one CMart?? I will defer to you on this.
    LOL! I was going to defer to you

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Kotwica says he still speaks with former STC Mike Westhoff (retired), indicates he doesn't anticipate that changing during season

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Dennis Thurman notes Quinton Coples could be used more as edge rusher in '13. "Can he be used more as a defensive end? Sure"

Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Kotwica says he doesn't know "how things are going to shake out in the future" in regards to K Nick Folk, scheduled to be a UFA

Hall Of Fame
    Mornhinweg on Sanchez: "Mark has many strengths." says he'll play to them. #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Everyone knows I'm not the biggest Sanchez fan, but I will say that Mornhinweg is a pretty damn good candidate to at least turn him into a respectable starting QB. I have way more faith in him than I did Sparano.

At least he'll let Sanchez do what he's comfortable with. The things that made him a star at USC. A lot of bootlegs, rollouts and playaction.

Hall Of Fame
    "Mark will have just a little bit of a leg up" Mornhinweg says of a QB competition.

So we're having weekly barbecues on the sidelines, and not re-signing Brandon Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Everyone knows I'm not the biggest Sanchez fan, but I will say that Mornhinweg is a pretty damn good candidate to at least turn him into a respectable starting QB. I have way more faith in him than I did Sparano.

At least he'll let Sanchez do what he's comfortable with. The things that made him a star at USC. A lot of bootlegs, rollouts and playaction.
    this, and they'll draft someone who can do it too. my money is on nassib so far. i think the bills will draft either smith or barkley in the first, and nassib will be taken by the jets in the 2nd with a pick from dealing revis.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

I agree. I think he is going to try to get Mark off to good starts in games and give him some easy throws and reads early on. If he can get somewhat confident it may not be the train wreck that last year was. I also think the RBs are going to be huge in the passing game this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Mornhinweg on TEbow: "The man can play football." #nyj

Mornhinweg on TEbow: "The man can play football." #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Mornhinweg says he had long talk with Tim Tebow. MM says it's "my duty" to think of ways to use Tebow "if he's on this football team." IF.

I'm convinced Mark Sanchez will be the starting QB when the season opens.

Morninweg better be just towing the line and being politically correct with his words. He can't possibly really think that if he has watched the Jets the last two years. Of course NFL coaches as a whole always seem to think they can turn lead into gold. It doesn't matter what system the Jets create for Sanchez, he will still be a 55% passer at best and a turnover machine.

If Sanchez starts one half or more of the games this coming year we will have a top 10 pick next year for sure.

Jets Insider VIP
    Starting Sanchez is really our best option.

Best case scenario: He turns it around and at least becomes a solid, serviceable QB.

Worst case scenario (if you can even call it that): He totally crumbles like last year and we're picking in the Top 5

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4830079]Morninweg better be just towing the line and being politically correct with his words. He can't possibly really think that if he has watched the Jets the last two years. Of course NFL coaches as a whole always seem to think they can turn lead into gold. It doesn't matter what system the Jets create for Sanchez, he will still be a 55% passer at best and a turnover machine.

If Sanchez starts one half or more of the games this coming year we will have a top 10 pick next year for sure.[/QUOTE]

Is that not the idea?

Hall Of Fame

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Thurman on Revis: We coach who's here. Learned a long time ago not to get too emotional about possibility of losing players. #Jets
    +1.