Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: We're gonna get a kings ransom for Revis

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Eagles
    So 4 teams?

And we made up the Minnesota, Cleveland, and Tampa Bay rumors?

Eagles
    Just throwing this out there. Maybe the Vikes now?

Edit: oops. Didn't see the Vikes thread started. Never mind.

After today, I think I would insist on at least a 1st and 3rd this year and conditional 2nd rd next year that could become a 1st (if he resigns and team makes it past 1st round in playoffs).

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    UT if you could get Revis to take a 12 mill a year deal, would you keep him? There seems to be the thought around the league that some team will trade and sign him to that kind of deal, but if he stays with Jets that he wants the moon. Just was wondering what your feelings would be on a deal like that. At that point I'd sign him and trade Cro. For the record I am in the "trade Revis if he asks for 16 million a year and won't budge camp".
    If the docs think that he will likely make a full recovery, I would be happy to have Revis stay with the Jets for 12.5 a year.

Will Revis have become more realistic about his price given the deluge of lesser talents on the market ? Thinking back to how difficult it was for Tannenbaum to strike that last deal with Revis, I don't see Revis signing with the Jets for 12 million a year. He thinks we need him more than he needs us.

Could he end up settling for 12 or 13 million a year with another team ... quite possible I think ...

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Just throwing this out there. Maybe the Vikes now?

Edit: oops. Didn't see the Vikes thread started. Never mind.
    Id take their 1st, 2nd, and 4th this year and a conditional pick next year that can go anywhere from 3rd to 1st round

Have you seen the dogsh!t we current have at the QB position?
    I guess I just don't agree with the mindset of "we currently have dogs ****" so we should be happy to settle for whatever is one notch above dog ****.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    After today, I think I would insist on at least a 1st and 3rd this year and conditional 2nd rd next year that could become a 1st (if he resigns and team makes it past 1st round in playoffs).
    I don't think you can tie a playoff berth in with Revis. He isn't a QB. However, you can tie in the % of plays he's on the field for in '13 (or named all pro) which I have been writing for the past 2 months.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    I guess I just don't agree with the mindset of "we currently have dogs ****" so we should be happy to settle for whatever is one notch above dog ****.
    +1. There are a lot of QB's out there that would be an upgrade over Sanchez, but none that are championship material.

We need to be patient and accept that our next QB may not be drafted until next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No doubt

I thought we'd be lucky to get a late 1st or early 2nd.

Now after seeing this, if I'm Idzik, I'm not even listening to teams offering less than a Top 15 pick.
    Yeah, but you have to think about the type of team that would want to trade for Revis. Teams picking in the top 15 aren't in that mode. The Seahawks probably viewed themselves as one playmaker away from the SB, hence the Harvin move.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I have yet to read where Revis or his people have asked for $16 Million a year, or to be paid as the highest defensive player in football

On the other hand, I have read Cimini, and Manish saying Revis is demanding $16 Million
    You have yet to read that Revis or his agents are asking for 16 Million a year because that is not how the game is played. If they make their demands public it makes them look greedy and selfish ... not concerned whether the Jets ever make it to a Super Bowl.

The agents disseminate the information through "sports journalists". Those writing those screaming headlines 'Pay the man" makes me wonder whether they work as lobbyists in sports marketing or actually work as sports journalists.

This 15 / 16 million a year figure did not appear magically ... here is one of the many quotes in the press ...

"According to someone familiar with his thinking, Revis is seeking a contract similar to or “just north of’’ the deal the Bills gave defensive end Mario Williams — six years, $96 million with $50 million guaranteed. That is the largest contract for a defensive player in NFL history."

This phrase " according to someone familiar with his thinking" sounds like agent speak to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    You have yet to read that Revis or his agents are asking for 16 Million a year because that is not how the game is played. If they make their demands public it makes them look greedy and selfish ... not concerned whether the Jets ever make it to a Super Bowl.

The agents disseminate the information through "sports journalists". Those writing those screaming headlines 'Pay the man" makes me wonder whether they work as lobbyists in sports marketing or actually work as sports journalists.

This 15 / 16 million a year figure did not appear magically ... here is one of the many quotes in the press ...

"According to someone familiar with his thinking, Revis is seeking a contract similar to or “just north of’’ the deal the Bills gave defensive end Mario Williams — six years, $96 million with $50 million guaranteed. That is the largest contract for a defensive player in NFL history."

This phrase " according to someone familiar with his thinking" sounds like agent speak to me.
    +1

Followed up a few days later with "Revis wants to remain a Jet for life". Again, agent speak for its all the Jets fault for trading our client.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    As I said I doubt The #4 pick is in play straight up for Revis.
    Agreed, the Philly writers are suggesting that it is their second round pick, the 35th over all ...

However after the Harvin to Seattle trade, I'm guessing that would not be near enough to pry Revis from the Jets.

If Revis was willing to take $12 million per, I'd say sign him yesterday.

But we both know that he won't accept that.

So I say ship him to the highest bidder.

And praise John Schneider and the Seattle Seahawks.
    +1

If Revis was willing to take $12 million per, I'd say sign him yesterday.

But we both know that he won't accept that.

So I say ship him to the highest bidder.

And praise John Schneider and the Seattle Seahawks.
    I honestly dont think anyone is going to pay him more than $12mil per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    I honestly dont think anyone is going to pay him more than $12mil per year.
    he will agree to that amount from another team then just holdout in 2 years

I assume Seattle has the parameters of a contract worked out. Anything more than 10 mill a year they got taken. I love the guy's game, but I think seattle would have been better served going Oline in FA.

Rice has been a disappointment. The could designate him as a June 1st cut and save 8 mill on the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I assume Seattle has the parameters of a contract worked out. Anything more than 10 mill a year they got taken. I love the guy's game, but I think seattle would have been better served going Oline in FA.

Rice has been a disappointment. The could designate him as a June 1st cut and save 8 mill on the cap.
    Rice has been a solid deep threat for them...maybe a restructure but i dont see him getting cut

Seattle trades their 1st rounder, a mid-round pick, and a 7th for Harvin. A guy coming off a season ending injury, isn't a Top 5 player at his position, and is looking to get paid.

Holy sh*t

Maybe there's some truth to the "Revis to KC for the #1 pick" rumors.
    What abiut this tought: San Fran now has Harvin to cover - they need Revis badly!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    What abiut this tought: San Fran now has Harvin to cover - they need Revis badly!
    No they don't.

They already have two very good CB's for a fraction of what Revis would cost them.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    No they don't.

They already have two very good CB's for a fraction of what Revis would cost them.
    How did those 2 very good CB's look against the Pats, Seattle and in the playoffs this year?