Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We're gonna get a kings ransom for Revis

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

We're gonna get a kings ransom for Revis

Seattle trades their 1st rounder, a mid-round pick, and a 7th for Harvin. A guy coming off a season ending injury, isn't a Top 5 player at his position, and is looking to get paid.

Holy sh*t

Maybe there's some truth to the "Revis to KC for the #1 pick" rumors.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Seattle trades their 1st rounder, a mid-round pick, and a 7th for Harvin. A guy coming off a season ending injury, isn't a Top 5 player at his position, and is looking to get paid.

Holy sh*t

This deal really sets the bar, Idzik is doing back flips in his office today.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy sh*t

That went through?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @ConorTOrr: Woody Johnson turns down multiple requests to speak about the Revis situation. #nyj #jets

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    This deal really sets the bar, Idzik is doing back flips in his office today.
    No doubt

I thought we'd be lucky to get a late 1st or early 2nd.

Now after seeing this, if I'm Idzik, I'm not even listening to teams offering less than a Top 15 pick.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    That went through?
    According to Schefter

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    BrandonTierney: Harvin-to-Seattle should, in theory, pump up Revis' trade value & perhaps force the #49ers to give up more than they would like to get him.

Found this interesting. Would still settle for there 1st and 2nd.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    BrandonTierney: Harvin-to-Seattle should, in theory, pump up Revis' trade value & perhaps force the #49ers to give up more than they would like to get him.

Screw that, we can get more than that. I really think Tampa makes a big play for Revis. They have that awful secondary and a TON of cap space. I think they also misguidedly think they are close to being a major player. Freeman is just not that great IMHO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy sh*t

KC signed CB Robinson. Revis isn't going there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    1st and 7th are this year ... mid rounder in 2014

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Screw that, we can get more than that. I really think Tampa makes a big play for Revis. They have that awful secondary and a TON of cap space. I think they also misguidedly think they are close to being a major player. Freeman is just not that great IMHO.
    There's been talk in Philly about the Eagles trading the 4th overall pick for Revis.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No doubt

I thought we'd be lucky to get a late 1st or early 2nd.

Now after seeing this, if I'm Idzik, I'm not even listening to teams offering less than a Top 15 pick.
    UT if you could get Revis to take a 12 mill a year deal, would you keep him? There seems to be the thought around the league that some team will trade and sign him to that kind of deal, but if he stays with Jets that he wants the moon. Just was wondering what your feelings would be on a deal like that. At that point I'd sign him and trade Cro. For the record I am in the "trade Revis if he asks for 16 million a year and won't budge camp".

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Jets just need 2 teams to be serious about trading for Revis and then the Jets will be set.

They simply can't rely on the Harvin deal if there isn't a bidding war considering the CB talent available in FA. But the Harvin deal did help in setting the bar.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post

Wow! Got to give kudos to Pete Carrol and Company. Now they have a real scary offense. That should def be good news for us regarding Revis' trade value...maybe we can get two high pics (1st and 2nd), a conditional pick next year and maybe a player.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im all for trading him to Tampa if they are willing. Would rather trade revis to a bad team than a contender.

With that said, if the best we get is San Frans 1,2 and a late pick I would be just fine.

In this draft id prefer multiple picks over a top 15.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to think that Denver would be in the mix. They've got a lot tied up in Manning but are in a "win now" mode with a fairly short window. It would be worth it to them to give up picks just to rent Revis for the short term.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    UT if you could get Revis to take a 12 mill a year deal, would you keep him? There seems to be the thought around the league that some team will trade and sign him to that kind of deal, but if he stays with Jets that he wants the moon. Just was wondering what your feelings would be on a deal like that. At that point I'd sign him and trade Cro. For the record I am in the "trade Revis if he asks for 16 million a year and won't budge camp".
    If Revis was willing to take $12 million per, I'd say sign him yesterday.

But we both know that he won't accept that.

So I say ship him to the highest bidder.

And praise John Schneider and the Seattle Seahawks.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's been talk in Philly about the Eagles trading the 4th overall pick for Revis.
    I just stated id rather multiple picks over a top 15 pick, however if #4s on the table and we can draft an OLB AND OL and keep the rest of our picks, this is a no brainer.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If Revis was willing to take $12 million per, I'd say sign him yesterday.

But we both know that he won't accept that.

So I say ship him to the highest bidder.

And praise John Schneider and the Seattle Seahawks.
    Okay it seems we are on the same boat here...

but cue the "you hate revis", "you never trade HOFers" brigade

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    BrandonTierney: Laughing at haughty Niner fans and their shallow take on Revis. Guys, he is TWICE as good as anyone on your roster. As in...TWICE.

haha BT cracks me up. The guy is straight up and down to earth. Refreshing compared to those waste of air beat writers.