Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: We're gonna get a kings ransom for Revis

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    Yeah, you may say that. But he's not the only one . . .
    Well done..

I want a 1st this year and a conditional 1st next year.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    You can't be serious?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i5i0jxIWYw

I totally think the jets should trade revis but think the deal will be underwhelming (maybe 2nd round pick). Hope I'm wrong

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I doubt it....the Harvin deal yesterday kinda set the bar.....not sure what the deal will be, but the jets are getting a number 1. no way revis is being traded for a 2nd round pick.....maybe three second rounders lol

Quote Originally Posted by jps1012 View Post
    I totally think the jets should trade revis but think the deal will be underwhelming (maybe 2nd round pick). Hope I'm wrong

First off Revis and his Uncle aren't #Jets fans, so they suck right out of the box. Second, why would you invest that heavily in one position when you have so many other holes to fill. If you get 3 decent players for one ******* Revis I'd jump on it and focus on filling the remaining endless gaps in the offense. one of which will be a QB after we trade Sanchez after this upcoming season. If we're luck he'll do well and boost his trade value. Right now you couldn't give him or Teblow away. What you really want to see is how the Jests manage the draft and all the roster moves they're gonna need to be even mediocre at best this season.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    I doubt it....the Harvin deal yesterday kinda set the bar.....not sure what the deal will be, but the jets are getting a number 1. no way revis is being traded for a 2nd round pick.....maybe three second rounders lol
    set the bar for what? The only things limiting the jets compensation in Revis salary and his ACL, neither of which had anything to do with the harvin trade.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    my point is the jets will get MORE than a 2nd round pick.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    set the bar for what? The only things limiting the jets compensation in Revis salary and his ACL, neither of which had anything to do with the harvin trade.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Of course it does

Harvin is coming off a season ending injury, has always struggled with migraine problems in the past, isn't even a Top 5 player at his position, and has reportedly asked for a mega deal along the lines of Johnson and Fitzgerald.

Yet, a team still saw it fit to give up 3 draft picks for the guy, including a 1st rounder.

And you're telling me that hands down the best CB in football won't fetch at least a 1st round pick?

You can't be serious?
    Very. Anything less and he is just worth more to keep this year. There is 0 benefit to moving him if all we get is a 2nd and maybe a 4th. We would get a comp pick in 2015 if he walks next year like Oakland got for Aso. So your throwing away 4 mil, the best player on your team(yes even if it is just one year), and that comp pick basically just to help someone else win. Sorry don't buy it, unless the FO knows Revis is done because of this injury which it doesn't look that way. Saying we save 9 mil next year isn't a good reason to screw yourself this year. We have a projected 25 mil in space next year and that is with guys like Sanchez, Holmes and Cro who are all likely cut. If team are throwing away 1st rounders this year for average WRs we can get one for the best CB in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Of course it does

Harvin is coming off a season ending injury, has always struggled with migraine problems in the past, isn't even a Top 5 player at his position, and has reportedly asked for a mega deal along the lines of Johnson and Fitzgerald.

Yet, a team still saw it fit to give up 3 draft picks for the guy, including a 1st rounder.

And you're telling me that hands down the best CB in football won't fetch at least a 1st round pick?
    ? Harvin is near best at his position when healthy.. Plus he will again have a good qb throwing to him again.. I don't believe it sets the bar at all, Harvin is WR, explosive with great height/strength gms want out of a WR.. There are few teams who value CBs at a high level, most teams don't want to pay anywhere near what revis wants.. Harvin wanted out because viks stink.. Revis NEVER asked to be traded.. He are trading him because we don't value the cb position high as revis values it, that simple.. So we expect other teams to not only pay him but also give a ton of picks? Not happening

Late 1st round this year (25-32).

Second round 2014.

3rd round conditional 2014.
    Can't believe I'm in agreement with a pats fan.. That is a good offer and have to believe we can't think twice about not taking such.. Some fans are crazy thinking there are gms who will want to overpay for revis coming off acl, and give us a ton of picks also.. Lot of teams will look at revis a he from now if jets keep him this year.. They get to check him out testing that knee in a full yr, then will be a lot more comfortable paying him.. Plus they don't have to give up anything for him, maybe a comp 3rd.. How stupid would that be if jets kept him for next year and then watch him walk for a 3rd rounder..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    ? Harvin is near best at his position when healthy.. Plus he will again have a good qb throwing to him again.. I don't believe it sets the bar at all, Harvin is WR, explosive with great height/strength gms want out of a WR.. There are few teams who value CBs at a high level, most teams don't want to pay anywhere near what revis wants.. Harvin wanted out because viks stink.. Revis NEVER asked to be traded.. He are trading him because we don't value the cb position high as revis values it, that simple.. So we expect other teams to not only pay him but also give a ton of picks? Not happening
    No, he's not.

Harvin is a versatile playmaker, but he's not an elite receiver.

No one is going to convince me that Harvin is on the same level as a receiver as Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, etc

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

No, he's not.

Harvin is a versatile playmaker, but he's not an elite receiver.

No one is going to convince me that Harvin is on the same level as a receiver as Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, etc
    He could be, but he hasn't shown it yet. At least not for a full season. Last year he was putting up ridiculous #s before getting hurt. I think in half a season he had close to 65 catches and somewhere near 700 yards.

With Harvin, you're buying upside.

Revis has made it known for the past two years that he wants to be the highest paid defender in NFL history. Where the hell have you been?
    Does anyone have a quote of Revis saying this?

Veteran
    Revis is going no where, there, i said it, I think it is all just smoke.

I just have a feeling the deal will be done and loaded a bit heavy next year should Revis be healthy this year and play up to form. I think he will stay a jet. The Holms deal is a small indication of the Jet making room. Other deals will shift as well. Just my thought from what I see happening, or not happinging in regards to Revis. I could be wrong.