Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We're gonna get a kings ransom for Revis

Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    There are a LOT of CBs on the FA market, if Izdik plays this right, the trade market for Revis will dry up, and the contract precedents will be set by all of the FA deals struck in 2013.

Meaning Revis could be back in 2013 and beyond, on a new contract, that is more fair to the team and aligns with the long-term goals of winning a SB, not making him the richest guy at his position.

So, we'll either get this "king's ransom" which would be awesome.

OR, we'll get Revis on a team friendly deal which would also be awesome.

Also, is there a stipulation in Revis current contract that says we get exclusive rights to him if he holds out again?
    I believe If he holds out again his final 3 yrs of his contract kicks in at like $3m a yr. So he won't be holding out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ion-for-revis/
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-11-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Seattle trades their 1st rounder, a mid-round pick, and a 7th for Harvin. A guy coming off a season ending injury, isn't a Top 5 player at his position, and is looking to get paid.

Holy sh*t

Maybe there's some truth to the "Revis to KC for the #1 pick" rumors.
    Wow, that's crazy. Three picks for a WR, seriously? I thought the Jets got hosed with Holmes. Is this draft class really that awful? Super Bowl, here they come! That did NOT look like their outstanding need holding them back from the 'big dance'.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @SethWalderNYDN: Woody Johnson, at Head Health Initiative announcement, repeatedly declined to discuss Revis or free agency.

@HubbuchNYP: Woody presser-ender comes via Gary Myers, who asks, “We came into the city to talk to you, shouldn’t you talk to us?” Johnson walks away.

LOL. Boo hoo. Poor Myers.
    They are seriously delusional if, after the way the media has trashed the Jets, they think that the Jets owe them the time of day. Stick it to 'em Woody!

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Wow! Got to give kudos to Pete Carrol and Company. Now they have a real scary offense. That should def be good news for us regarding Revis' trade value...maybe we can get two high pics (1st and 2nd), a conditional pick next year and maybe a player.
    believe it or not there's also chatter that the Hawks are making an under the radar run at Greg Jennings. If that happens that team is absolutely stacked beyond the absolute stacked level they are at, at this moment. In fact, I think Jennings puts them over the top to be best team in NFL.

I do think though they should divert their attention to a TE upgrade and all bets are off that team is far and away SB favorites.

BTW, now that SEA has Harvin is there a chance Leon Washington is cut? His only real value at this point is ST. What is the cap hit if they release him? What about Tebow for Leon straight up? If we are dead set on getting rid of Tim, and the Hawks are going to move Flynn it may make sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Ansah + Warmack = Tits
    First of all, I do not believe for 1 second that The Eagles would offer us the 4th overall pick +++ for Revis

Secondly, do you remember the last 2 #4 overall picks the Jets had?

Brick
    DRob

I know for certain Revis is the real deal. Why would we want to roll the dice with a pick?
    Last edited by JonEJet; 03-11-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    believe it or not there's also chatter that the Hawks are making an under the radar run at Greg Jennings. If that happens that team is absolutely stacked beyond the absolute stacked level they are at, at this moment. In fact, I think Jennings puts them over the top to be best team in NFL.

I do think though they should divert their attention to a TE upgrade and all bets are off that team is far and away SB favorites.
    Don't they have Zach Miller? He's not bad. They can still get a good TE in the 2-4 rounds this yr too.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    First of all, I don not believe for 1 second that The Eagles would offer us the 4th overall pick +++ for Revis

Secondly, do remember the last 2 #4 overall picks the Jets had?

Brick
    DRob

I know for certain Revis is the real deal. Why would we want to roll the dice with a pick?
    Why?

Because Revis is a f*cking CB who wants a contract on par with the Tom Brady's and Peyton Manning's of the league.

I'm not giving a corner a contract on the same level as HOF, superbowl winning QB's. That's beyond retarded.

First of all, I don not believe for 1 second that The Eagles would offer us the 4th overall pick +++ for Revis

Secondly, do remember the last 2 #4 overall picks the Jets had?

Brick
    DRob

As I said I doubt The #4 pick is in play straight up for Revis.

However, you really think Idzik or anyone in the Jets FO gives a **** about previous #4 picks in Jets history? Only fans do. And BTW, what's wrong with Brick?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Why?

Because Revis is a f*cking CB who wants a contract on par with the Tom Brady's and Peyton Manning's of the league.

I'm not giving a corner a contract on the same level as HOF, superbowl winning QB's. That's beyond retarded.
    I have yet to read where Revis or his people have asked for $16 Million a year, or to be paid as the highest defensive player in football

On the other hand, I have read Cimini, and Manish saying Revis is demanding $16 Million

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

And BTW, what's wrong with Brick?
    Nothing wrong with Brick, but I tried to show even if you pick overall #4, it's a crapshoot

Robertson was not terrible, but hardly worth the 2 picks we traded for him

@jetswhispers: The same people who trash Woody on a regular basis, are up in arms when he doesn't speak. That seems disingenuous.

First of all, I do not believe for 1 second that The Eagles would offer us the 4th overall pick +++ for Revis

Secondly, do you remember the last 2 #4 overall picks the Jets had?

Brick
    DRob

How is Brick mentioned in there as anything remotely bad? I have no idea how you can qualify him as a bad choice at #4...

And if I can get the #4 pick I would turn around and run with that. I assume if Izdik takes that deal, it is because he could NOT negotiate Revis down to a reasonable 12-13 million dollar deal. It makes no sense to pay a corner 16 million a year.

Jets Insider VIP
    I have yet to read where Revis or his people have asked for $16 Million a year, or to be paid as the highest defensive player in football

On the other hand, I have read Cimini, and Manish saying Revis is demanding $16 Million
    Revis has made it known for the past two years that he wants to be the highest paid defender in NFL history. Where the hell have you been?

If a team like the Bills will give Mario Williams a 6 year $100 million dollar deal with $50 million in guarantees, then someone will do the same with Revis.

I just pray that Idzik isn't a total f*cking dunce like Tanny and decides we're the ones to give it to him.

Nothing wrong with Brick, but I tried to show even if you pick overall #4, it's a crapshoot

Robertson was not terrible, but hardly worth the 2 picks we traded for him
    But by that reasoning why would you ever draft. Why not just trade the picks for established players? The reason that the draft is looked at more favorably is that the team has a great player for cheap if they scout well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    But by that reasoning why would you ever draft. Why not just trade the picks for established players? The reason that the draft is looked at more favorably is that the team has a great player for cheap if they scout well.
    And you would then never draft a Revis at #14.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    Every year each team is awarded 7 draft picks

Some of those picks work out, some don't

When I have a sure thing, I tend to want to keep that player. Now if our GM can not work out a deal for this player, or this players demands are deemed to be too much for the team to afford, then yes, trade that player for picks

Otherwise, keep the sure thing, in it's prime, probable HOF back

@BobGlauber: Source familiar with Falcons' situation on possible Darrelle Revis trade to Atlanta: "Absolutely not."

@BobGlauber: Source familiar with Falcons' situation on possible Darrelle Revis trade to Atlanta: "Absolutely not."
    FTR....Over the last few weeks, Rick Spielman absolutely denied Harvin was going to be traded.

Let's make a list of teams he's been linked to:

San Francisco
    Denver
    Atlanta

Is that it?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Let's make a list of teams he's been linked to:

San Francisco
    Denver
    Atlanta

Is that it?