Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: We're gonna get a kings ransom for Revis

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

revis trade

let's stop the guessing game.the only place that revis is going to.is the san francisco forty niners.they are stuck with a boatload of picks.which money wise they cannot keep.they are loaded with great players and they are looking foward to winning the super bowl. getting revis in a trade for picks is a gift.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    When i heard about the deal then saw it, i felt the same way....this helps the jets big time. I however felt the jets would have gotten a good return for Revis anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Seattle trades their 1st rounder, a mid-round pick, and a 7th for Harvin. A guy coming off a season ending injury, isn't a Top 5 player at his position, and is looking to get paid.

Holy sh*t

Maybe there's some truth to the "Revis to KC for the #1 pick" rumors.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    Rice has been a solid deep threat for them...maybe a restructure but i dont see him getting cut
    3 years and not 100 catches - you call that solid?

Why would he restruture? If they cut him he becomes the #3 FA WR in line for more guaranteed money.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Seattle trades their 1st rounder, a mid-round pick, and a 7th for Harvin. A guy coming off a season ending injury, isn't a Top 5 player at his position, and is looking to get paid.

Holy sh*t

Maybe there's some truth to the "Revis to KC for the #1 pick" rumors.
    No we won't. His trade value is the lowest it has ever been.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eagles had MUCH better skill weapons on offense than the jets and foles looked like doody......open your eyes....if sanchez had foles weapons, he would not looked at inept. get off the foles bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Have you seen the dogsh!t we current have at the QB position?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get Seattle's move here. Trading a king's ransom for Percy Harvin, then probably getting rid of Sidney Rice? How does this make sense?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    No we won't. His trade value is the lowest it has ever been.
    LOL

I could've easily said the same thing about Percy Harvin.

Coming off a season ending injury, has never had a 1,000 season, and is supposedly looking for Calvin Johnson/Larry Fitzgerald money.

Yet, he just fetched 3 draft picks, including a 1st rounder.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    I don't get Seattle's move here. Trading a king's ransom for Percy Harvin, then probably getting rid of Sidney Rice? How does this make sense?
    Hardly a king's ransom. Low first round pick, 7th rounder, and a mid-rounder next year. Their thinking is they have the best overall team in football (or close) and they just added one of the scariest weapons in the sport. Win-now

People forget Harvin was a legitimate MVP candidate last season through 7 games or so. He got hurt, but was having a monster year doing everything for the Vikings

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Eagles had MUCH better skill weapons on offense than the jets and foles looked like doody......open your eyes....if sanchez had foles weapons, he would not looked at inept. get off the foles bandwagon.
    Only the CFL or Arena League would make Suckchez look decent. One guy was a rookie and played well while the other guy was laughable and was a 4th year QB! Stop deceiving yourself or us. If we had Foles weapons, could Suckchez even get the ball to them accurately or in stride so they can get yards after the catch? NAH! I didn't think so!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hawks didn't get a kings ransom, late 1st and mid rd next yr.. 7th rd isn't even worth mentioning.. Revis is the better player but teams value a skill on O who is 1 of best WR in nfl higher than revis.. Hopefully we can get something similar.. It's going to come down to What revis wants.. Teams will want to know before hand.. If revis wants a boatload, Mario Williams deal, we are not getting as much in trade..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rice has been a solid deep threat for them...maybe a restructure but i dont see him getting cut

Why would he restructure? If they cut him he becomes the #3 FA WR in line for more guaranteed money.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    who the hell is deceiving who....i know sanchez is crap but what the heck has foles done....i would rather garrard or orton for a year then drafting a qb....i watch football....i know what i see....foles was average in college at arizone and less than average in philly. not sure what you are thinking....my take was that foles will bring little to the table for the jets....not sure where was it in my post that i said that sanchez was the answer.....check yourself before thinking who is deceiving who lol.....this jets fan has an idea whats going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Only the CFL or Arena League would make Suckchez look decent. One guy was a rookie and played well while the other guy was laughable and was a 4th year QB! Stop deceiving yourself or us. If we had Foles weapons, could Suckchez even get the ball to them accurately or in stride so they can get yards after the catch? NAH! I didn't think so!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ConorTOrr: Woody Johnson turns down multiple requests to speak about the Revis situation. #nyj #jets
    Cat got his tongue?

Maybe Idzik is rubbing off on everyone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    nothing wrong about keeping quiet.....the media also tends to make a story if a jets player even scratches his nuts.....i like the keeping quiet phase. Fact i even if woody said something, the media would have put some idiotic spin on it like they usually do.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Cat got his tongue?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post

Why would he restructure? If they cut him he becomes the #3 FA WR in line for more guaranteed money.
    he's a big play receiver for them...you dont need to have 100 catches to be a solid player...especially on a run heavy team...plus he's not a possession receiver...

btw...he's underperformed but will get more money if cut...i see...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vikes 1st and 2nd this year, they will still have a 1st so they are in a position to take the risk on revis's acl.

Sign me up, and call it a day.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Hardly a king's ransom. Low first round pick, 7th rounder, and a mid-rounder next year. Their thinking is they have the best overall team in football (or close) and they just added one of the scariest weapons in the sport. Win-now

People forget Harvin was a legitimate MVP candidate last season through 7 games or so. He got hurt, but was having a monster year doing everything for the Vikings
    It is a first rd pick- that is a ransom. The guy was not happy where he was and you had to pay him 10 mill a year. If the guy had 2 or 3 years left on his rookie deal, great but for a guy with one year left no way.

I love the guy but they already had a good return guy, could have signed Wallace for the same money and used the 1st to fill a need cheap. I think Schneider is one of the best GMs around but i don't understand this move.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Cat got his tongue?

Awesome

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    he's a big play receiver for them...you dont need to have 100 catches to be a solid player...especially on a run heavy team...plus he's not a possession receiver...

btw...he's underperformed but will get more money if cut...i see...
    If you can't see why I'll try to help.

yes, right now he is scheduled to get 28 mill over the next three years. If you think they restructure and ask him to go down to 7 mill- No, he will not get more. But if they ask him to go down to 5mill each over the next 3 years - yes he will be better off going into FA and getting 4 years 20 mill with 10 guaranteed, which is where I think his production warrants. he already has the 18 mill in guarantees in his pocket already.

This is the same reason Why Boldin would not take a cut, If he was not going to play for his full salary, he wanted out. My guess is that if the trade did not go down
    Boldin would have got at least 6mill in guarantees over the next two years if he was set free.
    Last edited by patman; 03-11-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    It is a first rd pick- that is a ransom. The guy was not happy where he was and you had to pay him 10 mill a year. If the guy had 2 or 3 years left on his rookie deal, great but for a guy with one year left no way.

I love the guy but they already had a good return guy, could have signed Wallace for the same money and used the 1st to fill a need cheap. I think Schneider is one of the best GMs around but i don't understand this move.
    Lot difference in value of where the pick is.. 25th pick, not much more valuable than 49ers 2nd round ( 34th) pick.. I wouldn't call almost a 2nd rd pick a kings ramson.. Plus they could franchise harvin if they wanted to..not being able to franchise revis is a big disadvantage, and will most likely will cost us value in what we get in a trade..