Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We're gonna get a kings ransom for Revis

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @ConorTOrr: Woody Johnson turns down multiple requests to speak about the Revis situation. #nyj #jets
    @SethWalderNYDN: Woody Johnson, at Head Health Initiative announcement, repeatedly declined to discuss Revis or free agency.

@HubbuchNYP: Woody presser-ender comes via Gary Myers, who asks, “We came into the city to talk to you, shouldn’t you talk to us?” Johnson walks away.

LOL. Boo hoo. Poor Myers.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    I just stated id rather multiple picks over a top 15 pick, however if #4s on the table and we can draft an OLB AND OL and keep the rest of our picks, this is a no brainer.
    Under that scenario you trade down from #4 and acquire a #1 and additional picks. Whether '13 and/or '14.

JMO. I doubt #4 is on the table straight up for Revis.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    @SethWalderNYDN: Woody Johnson, at Head Health Initiative announcement, repeatedly declined to discuss Revis or free agency.

@HubbuchNYP: Woody presser-ender comes via Gary Myers, who asks, “We came into the city to talk to you, shouldn’t you talk to us?” Johnson walks away.

LOL. Boo hoo. Poor Myers.
    Hate that beat writers think they're entitled to answers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    UT if you could get Revis to take a 12 mill a year deal, would you keep him? There seems to be the thought around the league that some team will trade and sign him to that kind of deal, but if he stays with Jets that he wants the moon. Just was wondering what your feelings would be on a deal like that. At that point I'd sign him and trade Cro. For the record I am in the "trade Revis if he asks for 16 million a year and won't budge camp".
    He's already announced his target deal. He wants 100m 50 guaranteed over 6 years. Problem is we can't use the market to temper his demands. We have no idea what the market is for him in terms of his contract, but chances are there are teams that would be willing to pay him that right now if they have the room to do so. So why would he budge from those numbers and settle at 12m? I've said it before and I'll say it again, the choices are to pay him his demands or trade him.

How we structure those demands if we keep him is debateable. We could backload much of the unguaranteed portion for example, however the 50m will be proportioned at 8m a year against the cap and would result in accelerated dead money if we cut him before the remaining years. So cutting him before season 5 to avoid paying the huge backloaded unguaranteed salary would result in an accelerated 16m hit (the remaining 2 years of the signing bonus @ 8m a year) of dead money. At that point we would be in a decidedly weak position again in trying to renegotiate with him. If we cut him we take the huge dead money hit. If we threaten to force him play out the contract he'd make the otherwise unguaranteed money that would then also count against the cap which would likely be crippling if we're talking about backloading a large portion of the unguaranteed 50m. Our only option at that point would be again to trade him when he's older and less valuable and take a big cap hit in the process, or again extend him to another undoubtedly high dollar contract he will be looking for to finish out his career. We will constantly be negotiating at a disadvantage with Revis. Now is the time to trade him.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Under that scenario you trade down from #4 and acquire a #1 and additional picks. Whether '13 and/or '14.

JMO. I doubt #4 is on the table straight up for Revis.
    I would do this, however would you trade back with the 4 or the 9? brings up the question of if there is someone the Jets are targeting that they believe will be there at 4 but not 9.

Maybe Ansah.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MikeGarafolo: John Mara still fielding questions from all comers about everything. Meanwhile, Woody Johnson might already be through the Lincoln Tunnel.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The whole 49ers draft seems reasonable

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    UT if you could get Revis to take a 12 mill a year deal, would you keep him? There seems to be the thought around the league that some team will trade and sign him to that kind of deal, but if he stays with Jets that he wants the moon. Just was wondering what your feelings would be on a deal like that. At that point I'd sign him and trade Cro. For the record I am in the "trade Revis if he asks for 16 million a year and won't budge camp".
    That doesn't sound right. By all accounts, Revis isn't shooting his way out of here - he simply wants a lot of money. Being that's the case, I don't know why his demands would drop simply because he was traded.

He's been a PITA, but that's on account of him wanting his compensation to validate his greatness, not on account of him wanting to stick it to the Jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MikeGarafolo: John Mara still fielding questions from all comers about everything. Meanwhile, Woody Johnson might already be through the Lincoln Tunnel.
    Oh please, how many times does the guy need to hear Woody say he's not discussing the Revis situation. What an ass. What do the Giants have to discuss right now? Signing Cullen Jenkins? Great! Are they in a tense standoff with their best player? Because if they were they wouldn't be talking to @MikeGarafolo (who!?!?) either.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would do this, however would you trade back with the 4 or the 9? brings up the question of if there is someone the Jets are targeting that they believe will be there at 4 but not 9.

Maybe Ansah.
    Ansah + Warmack = Tits

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Ansah.
    Either one. Under your scenario my plan would be to use a #1 to trade down multiple times to acquire 5,6 additional picks. So in essence you trade Revis for 5-6 picks (a #1, 2-3 #2s, a #3 and a #4. Something like that.

Obviously you need trading partners but that would be my plan of action.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Ansah + Warmack = Tits
    Any way we get Nick Foles out of that trade?

Ansah, Warmack, Foles. Suddenly things don't look so bleak.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Woody speaks for 2 hours at press conference = Media whore/Circus
    Woody refuses to speak for 2 hours at press conference= Jerk/Not fan friendly

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its funny, Idzik's former boss (Schneider) really helped him out by setting
    the market at three draft picks

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @SethWalderNYDN: While Mara held court on Cruz and Giants, Woody, flanked by PR, did not answer any of the many Revis and free agency questions he faced.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Woody speaks for 2 hours at press conference = Media whore/Circus
    Woody refuses to speak for 2 hours at press conference= Jerk/Not fan friendly
    You are so RIGHT!!!!!

You can't make it up!!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are a LOT of CBs on the FA market, if Izdik plays this right, the trade market for Revis will dry up, and the contract precedents will be set by all of the FA deals struck in 2013.

Meaning Revis could be back in 2013 and beyond, on a new contract, that is more fair to the team and aligns with the long-term goals of winning a SB, not making him the richest guy at his position.

So, we'll either get this "king's ransom" which would be awesome.

OR, we'll get Revis on a team friendly deal which would also be awesome.

Also, is there a stipulation in Revis current contract that says we get exclusive rights to him if he holds out again?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Any way we get Nick Foles out of that trade?

Ansah, Warmack, Foles. Suddenly things don't look so bleak.
    Why in the world do people want Foles? Blech.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good for Woody... GFY to the beat-off writers. They suck!!! !

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Why in the world do people want Foles? Blech.
    Have you seen the dogsh!t we current have at the QB position?