Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: We're gonna get a kings ransom for Revis

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    I love the guy but they already had a good return guy, could have signed Wallace for the same money and used the 1st to fill a need cheap. I think Schneider is one of the best GMs around but i don't understand this move.
    Obviously Idzik has been the brains behind the operation all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Obviously Idzik has been the brains behind the operation all this time.
    it would be nice to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleansweep2013 View Post
    Lot difference in value of where the pick is.. 25th pick, not much more valuable than 49ers 2nd round ( 34th) pick.. I wouldn't call almost a 2nd rd pick a kings ramson.. Plus they could franchise harvin if they wanted to..not being able to franchise revis is a big disadvantage, and will most likely will cost us value in what we get in a trade..
    I would not try to correlate it to Revis situation, too many variables. Harvin has been out of games too many times for a 10mill a year player. I understand when he is on he is one of the 5-7 top weapons in the league. But there are very few players who are not QBs or DEs that I would pay 10 mill and give a 1st rd pick for. And you would need to give up a third to move up 9 spots.

Veteran
    ...not being able to franchise revis is a big disadvantage, and will most likely will cost us value in what we get in a trade..
    Good point, but hopefully a long term deal is in place with Revis if they decide to trade him ... as so give the Jets value for that security.

But Revis is a bargain for next season at 6 mil. That alone is worth a 1st round pick. Then its up to them to.sign him long term. I think the Jets can get the 49ers first 2 picks and their 4th rounder for Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    But Revis is a bargain for next season at 6 mil. That alone is worth a 1st round pick. Then its up to them to.sign him long term. I think the Jets can get the 49ers first 2 picks and their 4th rounder for Revis.
    That's why Revis himself really gets to decide how much we get for him in a trade.. Since teams can't use franchise tag as leverage, they will want to know what revis wants before they give up ton of picks.. Probably would want the window to sign him long term before trade is complete.. If revis says he will take 13 million a yr, think a bunch of teams will be interested and will be willing to give up the picks.. If revis says 16-18, teams are going to say " so we have to pay him that much and on top of that give up how many picks??" Lot of teams will probably want to see him play atleast some of season before they want to pay him top dollar.. I'm interested to know, if revis would just rather play out year, up his value and let teams out bid each other next offseason.. Because then he becomes a possible 1 year rental and we get less.. Obviously revis wants to get this over with, but I doubt he's willing to take less.. Maybe logically thing for jets and other teams worried about signing him- take 3rd or 4th rounder this year.. 1st or 2nd conditional for next year.. If revis is healthy and team signs him, 1st rounder, if not 2nd.. Doesn't seem to be much communication between revis and jets front office. Which isn't smart.. They all have to work together on this..

That's why Revis himself really gets to decide how much we get for him in a trade.. Since teams can't use franchise tag as leverage, they will want to know what revis wants before they give up ton of picks.. Probably would want the window to sign him long term before trade is complete.. If revis says he will take 13 million a yr, think a bunch of teams will be interested and will be willing to give up the picks.. If revis says 16-18, teams are going to say " so we have to pay him that much and on top of that give up how many picks??" Lot of teams will probably want to see him play atleast some of season before they want to pay him top dollar.. I'm interested to know, if revis would just rather play out year, up his value and let teams out bid each other next offseason.. Because then he becomes a possible 1 year rental and we get less.. Obviously revis wants to get this over with, but I doubt he's willing to take less.. Maybe logically thing for jets and other teams worried about signing him- take 3rd or 4th rounder this year.. 1st or 2nd conditional for next year.. If revis is healthy and team signs him, 1st rounder, if not 2nd.. Doesn't seem to be much communication between revis and jets front office. Which isn't smart.. They all have to work together on this..
    This is the most difficult trade scenario ever. Does Revis want to bet on himself or take the early money? If the trading partner only want to give him 5 and 62 and the guarantees are not there he may decide to go to FA.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    This is the most difficult trade scenario ever. Does Revis want to bet on himself or take the early money? If the trading partner only want to give him 5 and 62 and the guarantees are not there he may decide to go to FA.
    I mentioned this before, and it bears repeating--Revis is not entering the season without a new contract. Everything he and his agents have ever done point to that.

He's not "betting" on himself and playing for only $6 mil and risking another serious injury.

The endgame for Team Revis is either QB money or a smaller deal with big upfront money which he can hold out from in 2 years to get the deal he really wants.

Why do you think there is so many rumors about Revis being traded? That isn't coming from the Jets. It's coming from team Revis. They're desperate for that new deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I mentioned this before, and it bears repeating--Revis is not entering the season without a new contract. Everything he and his agents have ever done point to that.

He's not "betting" on himself and playing for only $6 mil and risking another serious injury.

The endgame for Team Revis is either QB money or a smaller deal with big upfront money which he can hold out from in 2 years to get the deal he really wants.

Why do you think there is so many rumors about Revis being traded? That isn't coming from the Jets. It's coming from team Revis. They're desperate for that new deal.
    So what happens when the Jets don't trade him or give him a new contract before this season? He can't hold out....

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    So what happens when the Jets don't trade him or give him a new contract before this season? He can't hold out....
    Revis will likely do a defacto holdout.

He won't participate in any of the volutary workouts, but then show up for the mandatory ones but not participate because of his knee.

Then, he'll show up to training camp and participate in the first light practice so he can't be put on the PUP list. He'll subsequently claim his knee is sore and then sit out the rest of training camp. He'll be on the stationary bike for all of August and won't play in the preseason games. This way he protects his body while also not risk losing any money.

Remember, Revis faked an injury in training camp one year to protest his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    who the hell is deceiving who....i know sanchez is crap but what the heck has foles done....i would rather garrard or orton for a year then drafting a qb....i watch football....i know what i see....foles was average in college at arizone and less than average in philly. not sure what you are thinking....my take was that foles will bring little to the table for the jets....not sure where was it in my post that i said that sanchez was the answer.....check yourself before thinking who is deceiving who lol.....this jets fan has an idea whats going on.
    First off let me start by saying thank you for your service to our country. It is always nice to talk with a fellow veteran. With all do respect I have to disagree with you about Foles I watched all of his games and was impressed with him, would love To have him as a Jet

He won't participate in any of the volutary workouts, but then show up for the mandatory ones but not participate because of his knee.

Then, he'll show up to training camp and participate in the first light practice so he can't be put on the PUP list. He'll subsequently claim his knee is sore and then sit out the rest of training camp. He'll be on the stationary bike for all of August and won't play in the preseason games. This way he protects his body while also not risk losing any money.

Remember, Revis faked an injury in training camp one year to protest his contract.
    I could see that but he will still have to play the season out......Gotta figure the Jets resolve the situation before then, but it's possible

He missed a day of mini-camp, hardly a protest.

And if he is cleared by the Jets medical team, he has to play, otherwise it becomes a breach of contract. That would be a dangerous game for Revis to playl

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    First off let me start by saying thank you for your service to our country. It is always nice to talk with a fellow veteran. With all do respect I have to disagree with you about Foles I watched all of his games and was impressed with him, would love To have him as a Jet

USN, 1993-2000, CTO1

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

USN, 1993-2000, CTO1
    Nice to meet you brother

All League
    Report: Jets have "good" offer on table for Revis

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ble-for-revis/

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    Report: Jets have "good" offer on table for Revis

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ble-for-revis/
    Please be true

Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Nothing wrong with Brick, but I tried to show even if you pick overall #4, it's a crapshoot

Robertson was not terrible, but hardly worth the 2 picks we traded for him
    Bitonti, is that you?

He was F UC KI NG terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    He missed a day of mini-camp, hardly a protest.

And if he is cleared by the Jets medical team, he has to play, otherwise it becomes a breach of contract. That would be a dangerous game for Revis to playl
    Dangerous for Revis to play plus he would end up missing out on getting that huge payday after next season if no one has seen Revis play football in nearly 2 years after a serious injury.

the other teams aren't stupid you know. they know revis has one more year with the jets and then they can get him for zero picks. as for the jets, they need more than a first rounder even if it is a top 10 pick. the jets need lots of draft picks, maybe a first and two high mid rounders to make sense.