Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mark goes, Tebow stays: A Bold March Prediction

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    By that logic the Jets should make Kerley the starting QB since he was 1 for 1 passing last year.
    At this point, I'm not opposed to that idea either.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    By that logic the Jets should make Kerley the starting QB since he was 1 for 1 passing last year.
    +1.. LOL. Yikes it never ends on here.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post

You do know that the Cincinatti and Carolina games were in the preseason, right? Or are you too blinded by the non-stop Tebow hate to remember that?

WAKE UP SHEEPLE! THE NY JETS 2013 STARTING QB IS TIM TEBOW!!!

I kid.

But seriously, he will be.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    You do know that the Cincinatti and Carolina games were in the preseason, right? Or are you too blinded by the non-stop Tebow hate to remember that?

WAKE UP SHEEPLE! THE NY JETS 2013 STARTING QB IS TIM TEBOW!!!

I kid

But seriously, he will be.
    Drugs are bad. Get yourself into rehab.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    I like how making the AFCCG is now "cellar dwelling".
    You mean back when we had a great run game and an equally great defense? When we could carry a Sanchez and still win!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    And by bold, I mean borderline asinine because I haven't been paying that much attention after this past season's debacle. I haven't interpreted tea leaves or obsessed over quotes or body language. This will be brief and confusing, but I'm compelled to get it out anyway.

In my view, here's what could, should and probably will happen:
    1. Sanchez will find his way on to another team before the season starts.
    Why? Despite all the talk about money and the cap hit, it would be the humane thing to do. It's practically impossible for him to redeem himself in New York after four cellar dwelling seasons and a butt fumble. "But he played great in the playoffs two years ago" you say. Lots of guys have performed that trick to a far greater extent - from Frank Reich to Donovan McNabb, but eventually teams have to move on. Now is that time for the Jets.

2. Tebow remains on the team.
    Why? The oft-repeated theory that he was horrible in practice was never confirmed. Sure it's a theory that makes all the sense in the world so long as it's a world where the head coach doesn't have a tattoo featuring his wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey. Unfortunately that's not the world we live in. Now Tebow did only pass 8 times during the season, but guess what, he completed 6 of those passes. That makes him more accurate than Sanchez. It's not much, but it's something.

Secondly: Michael Vick. Who's more like the left handed and mobile Michael Vick - Tim Tebow or Mark Sanchez? Not sure if thatís been brought up yet Ė but if you wanted to give Tebow the best shot at being a starter who better than an OC that worked with a guy just like him.

Thirdly, if Tebow sticks around his fanbase will be energized again. The NFL and sports networks can go back to spewing a daily diet of Tebow updates. Dollar signs everywhere - everyone is happy!

3. Another veteren QB is signed to the team. Somebody unexpected probably. A nice but inexpensive safety net. Good enough to hold his own in an "open competition" at the QB position but not good enough to unanimously unseat Tebow.
    I AGREEE ... uhm, about the asinine part.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    actually alot better things to do than speculate over something that will nto be happening in 2013....this is a new year....free agency starts tommorrow...the draft is also coming....sanchez will be on the roster in 2013 but perhaps not as the starter.....i strongly see tebow being gone in the next few weeks.
    But what happens if we get a guy like Orton and both he and McElroy beat out Suckchez? 8 million for a clipboard holder? Nah! I don't see it!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    A man with more time on his hands than I currently have might want to find the answer to this question: "If Tebow's accuracy had improved in 2012 and his rushing was oftentimes ineffective, why wasn't he throwing it more?"