Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark goes, Tebow stays: A Bold March Prediction

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark goes, Tebow stays: A Bold March Prediction

And by bold, I mean borderline asinine because I haven't been paying that much attention after this past season's debacle. I haven't interpreted tea leaves or obsessed over quotes or body language. This will be brief and confusing, but I'm compelled to get it out anyway.

In my view, here's what could, should and probably will happen:
    1. Sanchez will find his way on to another team before the season starts.
    Why? Despite all the talk about money and the cap hit, it would be the humane thing to do. It's practically impossible for him to redeem himself in New York after four cellar dwelling seasons and a butt fumble. "But he played great in the playoffs two years ago" you say. Lots of guys have performed that trick to a far greater extent - from Frank Reich to Donovan McNabb, but eventually teams have to move on. Now is that time for the Jets.

2. Tebow remains on the team.
    Why? The oft-repeated theory that he was horrible in practice was never confirmed. Sure it's a theory that makes all the sense in the world so long as it's a world where the head coach doesn't have a tattoo featuring his wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey. Unfortunately that's not the world we live in. Now Tebow did only pass 8 times during the season, but guess what, he completed 6 of those passes. That makes him more accurate than Sanchez. It's not much, but it's something.

Secondly: Michael Vick. Who's more like the left handed and mobile Michael Vick - Tim Tebow or Mark Sanchez? Not sure if thatís been brought up yet Ė but if you wanted to give Tebow the best shot at being a starter who better than an OC that worked with a guy just like him.

Thirdly, if Tebow sticks around his fanbase will be energized again. The NFL and sports networks can go back to spewing a daily diet of Tebow updates. Dollar signs everywhere - everyone is happy!

3. Another veteren QB is signed to the team. Somebody unexpected probably. A nice but inexpensive safety net. Good enough to hold his own in an "open competition" at the QB position but not good enough to unanimously unseat Tebow.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    dump.

seriously.. dump this ****.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    dump.

Got better things to do?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    dump.

Thank you......

Are we insane!!!

The Jets are going to hitch their wagon for the next 3 to 4 years to a QB whom it is shown has to run a specific offense for whom they don't have the proper personnel!!!

Lets do Sanchez Part Deux: "The Tebow Years"... FF run amuck...

Good Grief!!!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow is gone

This is a foregone conclusion

Why the hell are we still talking about this guy?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    Now Tebow did only pass 8 times during the season, but guess what, he completed 6 of those passes. That makes him more accurate than Sanchez. It's not much, but it's something.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    And by bold, I mean borderline asinine because I haven't been paying that much attention after this past season's debacle. I haven't interpreted tea leaves or obsessed over quotes or body language. This will be brief and confusing, but I'm compelled to get it out anyway.

In my view, here's what could, should and probably will happen:
    1. Sanchez will find his way on to another team before the season starts.
    Why? Despite all the talk about money and the cap hit, it would be the humane thing to do. It's practically impossible for him to redeem himself in New York after four cellar dwelling seasons and a butt fumble. "But he played great in the playoffs two years ago" you say. Lots of guys have performed that trick to a far greater extent - from Frank Reich to Donovan McNabb, but eventually teams have to move on. Now is that time for the Jets.

2. Tebow remains on the team.
    Why? The oft-repeated theory that he was horrible in practice was never confirmed. Sure it's a theory that makes all the sense in the world so long as it's a world where the head coach doesn't have a tattoo featuring his wife wearing a Mark Sanchez jersey. Unfortunately that's not the world we live in. Now Tebow did only pass 8 times during the season, but guess what, he completed 6 of those passes. That makes him more accurate than Sanchez. It's not much, but it's something.

Secondly: Michael Vick. Who's more like the left handed and mobile Michael Vick - Tim Tebow or Mark Sanchez? Not sure if thatís been brought up yet Ė but if you wanted to give Tebow the best shot at being a starter who better than an OC that worked with a guy just like him.

Thirdly, if Tebow sticks around his fanbase will be energized again. The NFL and sports networks can go back to spewing a daily diet of Tebow updates. Dollar signs everywhere - everyone is happy!

3. Another veteren QB is signed to the team. Somebody unexpected probably. A nice but inexpensive safety net. Good enough to hold his own in an "open competition" at the QB position but not good enough to unanimously unseat Tebow.

1-Nonsense. Everyone can hate Mark all they want. All Mark has to do is put his head down and play. If he plays well all will be forgiven. If he sucks then he's just as hated as he is now. There's no "humane" in football. Mark has a huge contract and is pretty much unmoveable. If he wins out the preseason competition with whoever is here then he'll be the guy. The difference this year is he has no advantage over anyone. It's a totally new system and it's been made clear Marty will play whoever the best man is.

2-Tebow is a goner for the obvious of Woody asking GM candidates about Tebow exit strategies. However do a little homework and you'll find Marty and Vick have no love lost between them. I highly doubt Marty is looking for a new Vick. A WCO requires a schooled QB who understands everything he sees on the field pre, during, and post snap. Vick was not that guy, and Tebow sure as hell isn't either.

3-Of course. That's happening without a doubt.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN: He won't be on Jets RT ‏@ProFootballTalk Tebow: I don't know where I'm going, but I know what's guiding me http://t.co/2EyqpLdPFI #nyj

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    DUMP

You dont bring in a OC who runs an offense in which Tebow will never be able to run in this lifetime just to keep him.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like how making the AFCCG is now "cellar dwelling".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Despite all the "dump" chanting, the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

Mornhinweg had the most success when he was running the show with a new starting QB coming off the bench. First Jeff Garcia in 2006 and then Michael Vick in his breakout performance in 2010.

You better start buying into this theory now... you'll look so smart come September.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Despite all the "dump" chanting, the more I think about it the more it makes sense.

Mornhinweg had the most success when he was running the show with a new starting QB coming off the bench. First Jeff Garcia in 2006 and then Michael Vick in his breakout performance in 2010.

You better start buying into this theory now... you'll look so smart come September.
    LOL. Garcia and Vick could complete passes.

I'll side with Mehta and say Tebow won't be on the Jets in '13.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been pretty much saying the same thing. Either Mark or Tebow stays and I just doubt Mark makes the roster. He has burned that bridge. Gathered up the timbers and burned it again. Tebow is just the least repulsive of the QBs on our roster. Yeah kinda like saying he is the least ugly dog in an ugly dog contest but the fact remains.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I have been pretty much saying the same thing. Either Mark or Tebow stays and I just doubt Mark makes the roster. He has burned that bridge. Gathered up the timbers and burned it again. Tebow is just the least repulsive of the QBs on our roster. Yeah kinda like saying he is the least ugly dog in an ugly dog contest but the fact remains.
    But then he's not a dog. He's a cat.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Yea you might be right, I mean the ONLY difference bwtn Vick/Garcia and Tebow is that Vick/Garcia can complete a pass to a receiver

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Tebow: Don't know where I'm headed: Tim Tebow sounds like he has already moved on from the Jets. Speakin... http://es.pn/10wLJdb #nyj

Doesnt sound a like guy in line for an open competition with the Jets this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take a gander at the ole QB statistics and show me where Sanchez has a clear advantage over Tebow.

Tebow would have completed 100% of his 8 passes last year if ole what's his name didn't have hands of steal and Tebow didn't throw one away.

So while everyone was complaining how Tebow wasn't effective as a rusher in 2012, the guy was showing improvement on his accuracy.
    Last edited by jxc; 03-11-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Take a gander at the ole QB statistics and show me where Sanchez has a clear advantage over Tebow.

Tebow would have completed 100% of his 8 passes last year if ole what's his name didn't have have hands of steal and Tebow didn't throw one away.

So while everyone was complaining how Tebow wasn't effective as a rusher in 2012, the guy was showing improvement on his accuracy.
    By that logic the Jets should make Kerley the starting QB since he was 1 for 1 passing last year.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Tebow would have completed 100% of his 8 passes last year if ole what's his name didn't have have hands of steal and Tebow didn't throw one away.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Post Thanks / Like
    actually alot better things to do than speculate over something that will nto be happening in 2013....this is a new year....free agency starts tommorrow...the draft is also coming....sanchez will be on the roster in 2013 but perhaps not as the starter.....i strongly see tebow being gone in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Got better things to do?