Thread: Vikings Cap Space and Picks

Vikings Cap Space and Picks

The Vikings are approximately (all figures from overthecap.com) $13 million under the cap for 2013 with an additional savings of $2.7 million from trading Harvin (I do not beleive he has an acceleration from his signing bonus)

They also have Antione WInfield at CB who is scheduled to make $7+ million who they could waive with zero dead money.

They also hold 4 picks in the top 3 rounds - 23, 25, 52 and 83 (and a mid round pick in 2014)

Seems like a decent trade partner for Revis.

Edit*** They also hold the 5th and 23rd pick in the 4th round.
    Last edited by eaglenj; 03-11-2013 at 02:50 PM.

good research, sounds legit

25, 52, a conditional pick and let's call it a day.

I'd never agree to that if I was Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    The Vikings are approximately (all figures from overthecap.com) $13 million under the cap for 2013 with an additional savings of $2.7 million from trading Harvin (I do not beleive he has an acceleration from his signing bonus)

They also have Antione WInfield at CB who is scheduled to make $7+ million who they could waive with zero dead money.

They also hold 4 picks in the top 3 rounds - 23, 25, 52 and 83 (and a mid round pick in 2014)

Seems like a decent trade partner for Revis.

Edit*** They also hold the 5th and 23rd pick in the 4th round.
    If Revis were traded to Seattle there would be a lapse in the space time continuum and they would be awarded the Lombardi here and now.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    If Revis were traded to Seattle there would be a lapse in the space time continuum and they would be awarded the Lombardi here and now.

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    25, 52, a conditional pick and let's call it a day.

I'd never agree to that if I was Minnesota.
    Id ask for 25, 52 and 99 (their first 4th round pick).

They have the assets to do it, but does a team that traded away Harvin a few hours ago really seem like they are in "win-now" mode?

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    They have the assets to do it, but does a team that traded away Harvin a few hours ago really seem like they are in "win-now" mode?
    For them, revis wouldnt be win now, he would be for the next 5 years.

They traded harvin because he was a pain in the lockrroom, was "injury prone" and was probably going to leave in FA.

The Vikings paid for a top tier CB once before (winfield) and now that he is nearing the end of the line, might be ready for another one.

Going a step further, Seattle now has to sign Harvin to an extension - do they look to shed Flynn and some of his salary?

Hall Of Fame
    Going a step further, Seattle now has to sign Harvin to an extension - do they look to shed Flynn and some of his salary?
    More likely Rice. They can save 6 million by getting rid of him

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    But rice is good and can participate on the team. Flynn is only the backup (not to be obvious)

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I could see that. Tate came on a bit last season and there's really no need to keep Rice now that Harvin is on board. Dead weight.

They could move Flynn too tho

Hall Of Fame
    But rice is good and can participate on the team. Flynn is only the backup (not to be obvious)
    But I kind of got the idea they grew tired of him last year with his injury and the play of Baldwin, Tate and Obamanu makes him expendable, especially at his price. I can see them moving Flynn as well, I just think Rice is a clean easy move once Harvin is signed.