Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: No Leaks from Jets

  1. #1

    No Leaks from Jets

    I'm not sure who was feeding info to the media in the past. They always seemed one step ahead of the Jets. One rumor was Herm when he was here, Pettine when he was here and so on. Maybe Tannebaum did it too.

    I'm thinking once Tannebaum left the organization Woody might have said to everyone not to leak to the media. Maybe that is the reason he has no comment on Revis. He doesn't want a deal getting out or leverage or anything else. If Florio's report is true that the Jets have a great offer for Revis maybe the Jets don't want it to get out to ruin it. Either way I like it. The less people know the better.

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    Posts
    8,971
    I think Deep Jet was the leak.

  3. #3
    Who was Deep Jet? I say Tanneclown.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    Who was Deep Jet? I say Tanneclown.
    Could be anyone really...possibly even Pettine and Westoff

  5. #5
    No leaks, well done Idzik another job well done...next.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,844
    Well the two guys who were rumored to leak info were Bart Scott and Pettine. They are now gone.

    I am very pleased. I have been calling for them to scale down the media for the past couple of years. We went from one extreme to another going from Mangini to Rex. I hope Idzik finds a happy medium and all things suggest that he will. I wouldn't mind if they erred on the side of less information. Less is more, especially when it comes to the Jets.

    So far Idzik has to get an A. But this is the "honeymoon" year and soon EVERYTHING will hinge on how he drafts and handles FA. If we don't bring in good players to make the team better, nobody is going to care about how he handles the media. Winning heals everything.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Well the two guys who were rumored to leak info were Bart Scott and Pettine. They are now gone.

    I am very pleased. I have been calling for them to scale down the media for the past couple of years. We went from one extreme to another going from Mangini to Rex. I hope Idzik finds a happy medium and all things suggest that he will. I wouldn't mind if they erred on the side of less information. Less is more, especially when it comes to the Jets.

    So far Idzik has to get an A. But this is the "honeymoon" year and soon EVERYTHING will hinge on how he drafts and handles FA. If we don't bring in good players to make the team better, nobody is going to care about how he handles the media. Winning heals everything.
    ?

    He gets an incomplete. That's like giving an A to a High School during the first week of class for showing up every day. Until something is actually done, he doesn't deserve a grade.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    I noticed this since the new GM came aboard......I LOVE it.




    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    I'm not sure who was feeding info to the media in the past. They always seemed one step ahead of the Jets. One rumor was Herm when he was here, Pettine when he was here and so on. Maybe Tannebaum did it too.

    I'm thinking once Tannebaum left the organization Woody might have said to everyone not to leak to the media. Maybe that is the reason he has no comment on Revis. He doesn't want a deal getting out or leverage or anything else. If Florio's report is true that the Jets have a great offer for Revis maybe the Jets don't want it to get out to ruin it. Either way I like it. The less people know the better.

  9. #9
    Think it was Pettine...

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Think it was Pettine...
    makes sense. since he wound up going within the division too. seems like he resented rex's involvement in the defense and wanted to stick it to him.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,229
    It's something I noticed too, nothing leaking from the Jets, at least nothing that they want leaked ...

    The organization, at least on the surface, seems to be a little more credible with Woody not talking and Rex not yapping on. It's got to help them a little in negotiations going forward ...

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    ?

    He gets an incomplete. That's like giving an A to a High School during the first week of class for showing up every day. Until something is actually done, he doesn't deserve a grade.
    Well, he did sign 3 Arena League players.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Vinegar Hill, Brooklyn ...
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    makes sense. since he wound up going within the division too. seems like he resented rex's involvement in the defense and wanted to stick it to him.
    The Bills are going to have a previous Jets OL coach as HC, our old DC coach and Paul Hackett's son, Nathaniel, as OC all on the same team. That's quite the Jets connection up there in Buffalo. I am curious to see how that coaching group plays out.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    ?

    He gets an incomplete. That's like giving an A to a High School during the first week of class for showing up every day. Until something is actually done, he doesn't deserve a grade.
    I am only grading him on what he has done so far.

    That grade can and will change depending on what goes on in FA and the draft.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us