Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Boldin traded to 49ers

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Geez for a 6th round pick the Jets should have entered into the mix.
    The ravens would not have traded him to a conference rival.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Not being mathematically eliminated is not being in contention. having to have 4 teams lose 3 of their last 4 games with the jets needing to win all 4 is not in contention, you were just not eliminated.

And what players who you feel had you in "contention" are on the roster as of now.

And the trophies are there bright and shiny and without as asterisk no where to be seen, it must gall you to no end.
    Doesn't gall me at all. No one outside of Beantown gives those trophies the same kind of reverence and respect that TRUE dynasties (Packers, Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys) deserve. Also, BB's record w/o Cindy makes him Kotite 2.0. That must gall YOU.

Back to the Jets, truth is they were in playoff contention. Never mind the variables. Answer me this: if you give Bellichick that same Jet team, does he have them in contention at Week 13?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Doesn't gall me at all. No one outside of Beantown gives those trophies the same kind of reverence and respect that TRUE dynasties (Packers, Steelers, 49ers, Cowboys) deserve. Also, BB's record w/o Cindy makes him Kotite 2.0. That must gall YOU.

Back to the Jets, truth is they were in playoff contention. Never mind the variables. Answer me this: if you give Bellichick that same Jet team, does he have them in contention at Week 13?
    Simple answer ? Hell yes he does.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post

The king wannabe SOJF working overtime to impress his mentorship

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post

Trick question, he would have picked up a different QB off the street around Week 3 and installed a completely different offensive system. He could get 9 wins out of that '12 team. But then again, he understands offense and what it takes to win in today's NFL.

Also, LOL at "playoff contention." Like 27 teams were in "playoff contention" in Week 13. Congrats.
    Last edited by ASG0531; 03-12-2013 at 02:13 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Pats fan who gets it. The Jets scare the crap out of the Ravens.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    Trick question, he would have picked up a different QB off the street around Week 3 and installed a completely different offensive system. He could get 9 wins out of that '12 team. But then again, he understands offense and what it takes to win in today's NFL.

Also, LOL at "playoff contention." Like 27 teams were in "playoff contention" in Week 13. Congrats.
    Really? How would he know in week 9 what the rest of the season would be? Have you guys seen Bellichick when he doesn't have a world class QB?

Here is a simple fact: BB has coached 7 seasons w/o Brady. 5 of those seasons were losing ones, and only one playoff appearance. Like I said, Kotite 2.0.

LOL at playoff contention all you want, fact remains that as bad as the O and ST were, the team was still fighting for a playoff spot late in the season. That's some damn good coaching, but you're intent on not giving that credit to Rex b/c you'd rather suck on BB's nutsack all day. Patriot Envy; you has it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Pats have traded a QB to the Bills.. Oh and was Lawyer Milloy traded or cut??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Geez for a 6th round pick the Jets should have entered into the mix.
    For a 6th round pick just about every team in the NFL "should have entered into the mix." What team couldn't use Boldin? The point is that the Jets would rather spend that kind of money on a WR that will be here for 3-4 years and not on a 1 year rental. Plus, I am sure Boldin would only sign a deal with a team that is in contention and has a decent QB.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now this deal is a poster child for brotherly love.

"Sorry I beat you in the Supe Bro... Hope this helps you next year. We can't afford the $6 mill. Family first. I love you bro."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    Anquan is still a great signing. He was never a burner but man does he go up to snatch passes. If you are a defender and its a jump ball....you better bring your A++++ game.
    He's a good blocker, he's an excellent route runner, he's tough as nails and has good hands. He has 2-3 good years left. What a freaking steal for Harbaugh West.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    He's a good blocker, he's an excellent route runner, he's tough as nails and has good hands. He has 2-3 good years left. What a freaking steal for Harbaugh West.
    Becuz of Flacco's contract Balt needed the cap room...He was going to be cut so getting a 6th vs cutting him is a good deal...

Price you pay for signing Flacco...Ozzie has 6 months to make moves..I'm sure he'll come up w/something...

Heck if the Jets ever win the SB they can cut the whole team the following year as far as I'm concerned...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Becuz of Flacco's contract Balt needed the cap room...He was going to be cut so getting a 6th vs cutting him is a good deal...

Price you pay for signing Flacco...Ozzie has 6 months to make moves..I'm sure he'll come up w/something...

Heck if the Jets ever win the SB they can cut the whole team the following year as far as I'm concerned...
    LMAO +1