Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 73

Thread: Boldin traded to 49ers

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,176
    for a 6th round pick

    Talk about a sweetheart deal.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sheesh.

    Remember when we were the team everybody was looking to flock to?

    Those were the days......
    69/70?

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,559
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    for a 6th round pick

    Talk about a sweetheart deal.
    They still have to pay him 6 million though. Baltimore was going to cut him anyway.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    for a 6th round pick

    Talk about a sweetheart deal.
    I guess they wanted to shed his salary and were willing to take anything in return. I wonder how many other teams even knew that there was such a low pricetag for Boldin

  5. #25
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,391
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post

    Calling him a JAG is one of the dumbest things I've read today.
    Don't worry, Joe W. Namath will post more today....it gets better each time...lol

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    I'm having a strong feeling Revis is going to the niners.




    Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    Wonder if this means Arizona could be a potential suitor for Revis. NFC West is loading up on receivers, Cards have plenty of cap space, plus he would form a really solid duo with Peterson.

  7. #27
    49ers beat Seahawks again. Boldin for a 6th tops Harvin for 1st, mid rounder and late pick.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I guess they wanted to shed his salary and were willing to take anything in return. I wonder how many other teams even knew that there was such a low pricetag for Boldin
    @adbrandt: Interesting part of Boldin trade is that when put on market, no one offered more than a 6th. Ravens looking for any value to trade.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by jpoppy7 View Post
    49ers beat Seahawks again. Boldin for a 6th tops Harvin for 1st, mid rounder and late pick.
    Boldin is on a 1 yr deal, older. Harvin is getting a new deal, younger and a great fit for what Seattle does.

  10. #30
    ZOMG KINGS RANSOM!!!! 1! 11!!! !!ON!E

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    WRONG jets were in the championship game just 2 years ago....football is a buisness and this is clled a transition.....NO ONE knows what the 2013 jets roster will look like after free agency and the draft......some of you seem to get off on making the jets seem worse than they are....sheesh....its a friggin buisness....where was the 49ers 3 years ago...and the seahawks.


    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Sheesh.

    Remember when we were the team everybody was looking to flock to?

    Those were the days......

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,323
    WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @adbrandt: Interesting part of Boldin trade is that when put on market, no one offered more than a 6th. Ravens looking for any value to trade.
    Yet Jet fans think that Tebow, Holmes, and every other piece of crud on this roster can be traded for value.

    Boldin was arguable just as important as Flacco down the stretch for the Ravens. Dude can still play, and that's all he was worth? Wow.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Boldin is on a 1 yr deal, older. Harvin is getting a new deal, younger and a great fit for what Seattle does.
    Realize they're different situations, but fact Harvin will get a new long deal isn't necessarily a good thing, he'll probably be overpaid. I'd rather have Boldin on a 1 year deal if I'm a contender than have Harvin being paid like Fitzgerald when he's injury prone and has never had a 1,000 yard receiving season (I realize he does other things too).

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    Ravens will take a step back in 2013



    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Yet Jet fans think that Tebow, Holmes, and every other piece of crud on this roster can be traded for value.

    Boldin was arguable just as important as Flacco down the stretch for the Ravens. Dude can still play, and that's all he was worth? Wow.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Yet Jet fans think that Tebow, Holmes, and every other piece of crud on this roster can be traded for value.

    Boldin was arguable just as important as Flacco down the stretch for the Ravens. Dude can still play, and that's all he was worth? Wow.
    This is why. One yr to go on contract. 32 yrs old. Other teams know they were going to cut him.

    @adbrandt: Boldin signed a four-year $28M deal w/Ravens in 2010. One year left -- 2013 -- at $6 million.

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    7,323
    Quote Originally Posted by John McClane View Post
    Yet Jet fans think that Tebow, Holmes, and every other piece of crud on this roster can be traded for value.

    Boldin was arguable just as important as Flacco down the stretch for the Ravens. Dude can still play, and that's all he was worth? Wow.
    I'll take a couple of those new Doritos locos tacos for Tebow

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    I'll take a couple of those new Doritos locos tacos for Tebow
    Anybody try either the Chicken & Waffles or Cheesy Garlic Bread chips by Lays? I don't eat that stuff too often, but those two offerings sound crazy good.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Boldin is on a 1 yr deal, older. Harvin is getting a new deal, younger and a great fit for what Seattle does.
    It's amazing how many 'experts' on twitter have ignored this.

    Peter King has immediately found a way to use this to wash Belicheck's balls and tweet that Billy had to have 'opened a bottle of champagne.' Why? The dude is 30+ and will most likely never do what he did last year again. It's amazing how many people think this was a steal. It's fair value...shoot SF was the only team willing to make the trade.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Boldin is Flacco's favorite target.

    He's also one of the best route runners in the league, and catches everything thrown at him.


    Calling him a JAG is one of the dumbest things I've read today.
    Thank you! +1

    This board is becoming unreadable, really, these inane thoughtless, biased, homer posts.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us