Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 73

Thread: Boldin traded to 49ers

  1. #41
    A great trade for the 49'ers, Boldin is a great addition to a team that is already stacked.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Boldin is Flacco's favorite target.

    He's also one of the best route runners in the league, and catches everything thrown at him.


    Calling him a JAG is one of the dumbest things I've read today.
    Yeah he is pretty dumb.

    Sorry, but it wasn't a ghostly apparition catching balls on Boldin's behalf in the post season. The guy is legit and dependable to make big catches and move the chains. SF got even more dangerous...Flacco's lost his main weapon - the dude who laid the platform for the SB run

  3. #43
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,304
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    WRONG jets were in the championship game just 2 years ago....football is a buisness and this is clled a transition.....NO ONE knows what the 2013 jets roster will look like after free agency and the draft......some of you seem to get off on making the jets seem worse than they are....sheesh....its a friggin buisness....where was the 49ers 3 years ago...and the seahawks.
    You say I am wrong and then make excuses that make me right.

    We are not an attractive destination right now. Plain and simple. That was my point.

    Yes, anything can happen blah, blah, blah .....................

  4. #44
    Pitta's stock just went sky high as a possession receiver.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    WRONG jets were in the championship game just 2 years ago....football is a buisness and this is clled a transition.....NO ONE knows what the 2013 jets roster will look like after free agency and the draft......some of you seem to get off on making the jets seem worse than they are....sheesh....its a friggin buisness....where was the 49ers 3 years ago...and the seahawks.

    The jets have a top 10 pick, a new GM who hopefully for jet fans treats picks and cap $$$ with a little more respect thanthe last one did. The team will have loads of cap room in 2014, most likley will get 2 premium picks (top 100) in the 2014 draft for Revis to kick start the next playoff run.

    But there is no reason for any jet fan to hope for contention next year.

  6. #46
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    i said its a buisness and transition which it is....to those of you already calling out for the number of wins in 2013...go ahead....i'll make that judgement once i see the product on the field.




    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You say I am wrong and then make excuses that make me right.

    We are not an attractive destination right now. Plain and simple. That was my point.

    Yes, anything can happen blah, blah, blah .....................

  7. #47
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    i just re read my post....not sure where i said the jets were contending....my point is that this team is going through a transition....you seem to be the captologists and know what they will have in 2014 so perhaps they need to hire you. let me break it down....YOU don't know what will happen in 2013....you are speculating which is cool...with that said, my point is that i am not sitting here already saying to myself that the jets will go 3-13 in 2013.


    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The jets have a top 10 pick, a new GM who hopefully for jet fans treats picks and cap $$$ with a little more respect thanthe last one did. The team will have loads of cap room in 2014, most likley will get 2 premium picks (top 100) in the 2014 draft for Revis to kick start the next playoff run.

    But there is no reason for any jet fan to hope for contention next year.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by SINYJets View Post
    It's amazing how many 'experts' on twitter have ignored this.

    Peter King has immediately found a way to use this to wash Belicheck's balls and tweet that Billy had to have 'opened a bottle of champagne.' Why? The dude is 30+ and will most likely never do what he did last year again. It's amazing how many people think this was a steal. It's fair value...shoot SF was the only team willing to make the trade.
    I think A. Boldin can play - he certainly isn't a JAG ... but the thing I find kinda strange is the Niners already have a younger, quicker Boldin in Crabtree. What they need is a guy that can stretch the field a little bit. They still don't have him. Vernon Davis? Ok. Other than that watch Crabtree and Boldin run 7 yard outs every down.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Pitta's stock just went sky high as a possession receiver.
    ESPN's Jamison Hensley sees Dennis Pitta as a potential beneficiary of the Anquan Boldin trade.

    Boldin played much like a tight end over the last couple years in Baltimore, catching most of his passes over the middle and in traffic. Perhaps the Ravens have eyes on turning Dennis Pitta and Ed Dickson into a homeless man's version of Aaron Hernandez and Rob Gronkowski. Pitta showed plenty of pass-catching chops last season, scoring 10 touchdowns in 20 games (including playoffs).

    Source: ESPN.com
    Boom. Fantasy leaguers remember this.

  10. #50
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    40 times

    crabtree 4.5
    boldin 4.7




    Quote Originally Posted by FreemanMC View Post
    I think A. Boldin can play - he certainly isn't a JAG ... but the thing I find kinda strange is the Niners already have a younger, quicker Boldin in Crabtree. What they need is a guy that can stretch the field a little bit. They still don't have him. Vernon Davis? Ok. Other than that watch Crabtree and Boldin run 7 yard outs every down.

  11. #51
    Shocking they would do that after the Super Bowl- little brotherly love maybe?? I'll bet Q will love sticking it to the Cardinals twice a year.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Don't worry, Joe W. Namath will post more today....it gets better each time...lol
    LOL

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The jets have a top 10 pick, a new GM who hopefully for jet fans treats picks and cap $$$ with a little more respect thanthe last one did. The team will have loads of cap room in 2014, most likley will get 2 premium picks (top 100) in the 2014 draft for Revis to kick start the next playoff run.

    But there is no reason for any jet fan to hope for contention next year.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    You say I am wrong and then make excuses that make me right.

    We are not an attractive destination right now. Plain and simple. That was my point.

    Yes, anything can happen blah, blah, blah .....................


    The king wannabe SOJF working overtime to impress his mentorship

  15. #55
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,314
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Yeah he is pretty dumb.

    Sorry, but it wasn't a ghostly apparition catching balls on Boldin's behalf in the post season. The guy is legit and dependable to make big catches and move the chains. SF got even more dangerous...Flacco's lost his main weapon - the dude who laid the platform for the SB run
    Geez for a 6th round pick the Jets should have entered into the mix.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Geez for a 6th round pick the Jets should have entered into the mix.
    Can't afford him.

    I'm curious as to what we're doing with SH.

  17. #57

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The jets have a top 10 pick, a new GM who hopefully for jet fans treats picks and cap $$$ with a little more respect thanthe last one did. The team will have loads of cap room in 2014, most likley will get 2 premium picks (top 100) in the 2014 draft for Revis to kick start the next playoff run.

    But there is no reason for any jet fan to hope for contention next year.
    There is no reason to treat the patsie's three SB titles as legitimate either, but hey...

    I should remind you that this team was in playoff contention as late as WK 13, with HORRIBLE QB play, suspect special teams play and a pedestrian running game. But yeah, no reason whatsoever to hope for contention this year. All because the fan of a cheating franchise said so.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    There is no reason to treat the patsie's three SB titles as legitimate either, but hey...

    I should remind you that this team was in playoff contention as late as WK 13, with HORRIBLE QB play, suspect special teams play and a pedestrian running game. But yeah, no reason whatsoever to hope for contention this year. All because the fan of a cheating franchise said so.

    Not being mathematically eliminated is not being in contention. having to have 4 teams lose 3 of their last 4 games with the jets needing to win all 4 is not in contention, you were just not eliminated.

    And what players who you feel had you in "contention" are on the roster as of now.

    And the trophies are there bright and shiny and without as asterisk no where to be seen, it must gall you to no end.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I should have said expectations and not hope.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by dustykeller View Post
    Boldin is Flacco's favorite target.

    He's also one of the best route runners in the league, and catches everything thrown at him.


    Calling him a JAG is one of the dumbest things I've read today.

    Anquan is still a great signing. He was never a burner but man does he go up to snatch passes. If you are a defender and its a jump ball....you better bring your A++++ game.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us