Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 46

Thread: Beanie Wells a FA... Worth signing as a tandem with Powell?

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    sure, 'n why don't we trade for Cecil Shorts so we can have Beanie & Cecil while we're at it?

    D
    U
    M
    P

  2. #22
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    there is a reason the cardinals are letting go of a player who is only 24 years old.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    7,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    sure, 'n why don't we trade for Cecil Shorts so we can have Beanie & Cecil while we're at it?

    D
    U
    M
    P

    If I could trade you to another messageboard for a handful of salty nuts, I'd consider that a success.

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    If I could trade you to another messageboard for a handful of salty nuts, I'd consider that a success.
    Please, don't bring your sex life into the Landing Strip.

    Goes to show Canadians are only good at trading beaver pelts and pemmican....I'd for sure bring in a haul of 2 1sts a 5th and Beanie Wells.

    Beanie Wells

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    there is a reason the cardinals are letting go of a player who is only 24 years old.
    They are in cap hell.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    they are in much worse cap crap than the jets but letting go of the 31st overall pick in the draft has more to do with his non production on the field.




    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    They are in cap hell.

  7. #27
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    998
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd rather have Shonn Greene than Beanie Wells.

  8. #28
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    146
    Post Thanks / Like
    Durability is key and Beanie isn't.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    7,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Please, don't bring your sex life into the Landing Strip.

    Goes to show Canadians are only good at trading beaver pelts and pemmican....I'd for sure bring in a haul of 2 1sts a 5th and Beanie Wells.

    Beanie Wells
    You remember the part when I asked if there was any interest? And then I didn't say I thought he was awesome?

    Hold on while a take a call from my economy. Apparently we're still kickin ass trading pelts.

    Up here, even Beanie Wells could get a job.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    no need to go there bro....not sure how you canucks view it but the economy here is not as bleak for many as you think....far from it.....last I saw...we were talking about football.




    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    You remember the part when I asked if there was any interest? And then I didn't say I thought he was awesome?

    Hold on while a take a call from my economy. Apparently we're still kickin ass trading pelts.

    Up here, even Beanie Wells could get a job.

  11. #31
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    7,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    no need to go there bro...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Goes to show Canadians are only good at trading beaver pelts and pemmican....I'd for sure bring in a haul of 2 1sts a 5th and Beanie Wells.
    Right.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    You remember the part when I asked if there was any interest? And then I didn't say I thought he was awesome?

    Hold on while a take a call from my economy. Apparently we're still kickin ass trading pelts.

    Up here, even Beanie Wells could get a job.
    Your fine nation has long been a wholly owned subsidiary of ours.
    What's yours is ours, and what's ours is ours. Except for Beanie Wells. We don't want him. Unless he goes to the CFL. Then he's yours, uh, ours..

  13. #33
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    7,778
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Your fine nation has long been a wholly owned subsidiary of ours.
    What's yours is ours, and what's ours is ours. Except for Beanie Wells. We don't want him. Unless he goes to the CFL. Then he's yours, uh, ours..
    I like Canada about as much as I like you. You both have no soul and about as much taste as my penis.

  14. #34
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    24,963
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had Beanie Wells on my fantasy team last year, and followed him when he wasn't injured. He's slow, and not what he was in previous years. Maybe if he COMPLETELY recovers he can be okay, but he's not what we need right now.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    3,994
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    How do you know that this draft is sad lol do you watch college football....have you seen Gio Bernard and some of the other backs who can be drafted in later rounds...why bring in a back who has done nothing except get hurt since being drafted out of ohio state....please explain why this draft is ''sad''.
    Yep. I have a preference for Knile Davis in the draft rather than Beanie Wells who's been pretty much a no-show all his time in the league

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    From Parts Unknown
    Posts
    10,252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never thought he was worthy of being a first round pick.

    Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk 2

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, you can get Taylor or Barner in the 4th round.

  18. #38
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    6,911
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I had Beanie Wells on my fantasy team last year, and followed him when he wasn't injured. He's slow, and not what he was in previous years. Maybe if he COMPLETELY recovers he can be okay, but he's not what we need right now.
    Wells is overrated b/c of fantasy. He's one of the last of a dying breed of every-down running backs so he's on everyone's radar every year but the problem is he's just not good.

  19. #39
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    2,185
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wells is trash. Draft one

  20. #40
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,531
    Post Thanks / Like
    Knile is also on my radar....226 lbs back with 4.4 speed


    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Yep. I have a preference for Knile Davis in the draft rather than Beanie Wells who's been pretty much a no-show all his time in the league

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us