Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Beanie Wells a FA... Worth signing as a tandem with Powell?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Knile is also on my radar....226 lbs back with 4.4 speed
    There aren't any superstar RB's in this year's draft class but there are alot of good players that will be available in rounds 2-5. Why Shonn Greene is done as a Jet.

they are in much worse cap crap than the jets but letting go of the 31st overall pick in the draft has more to do with his non production on the field.
    You have to ask yourself how much is it the line in Zona. As far as run blocking they may be the worst line in the league. Williams 1st, Wells 1st, Stephens-Howling 7th, Alfonso Smith, and Chester Taylor. It is not like they have ignored RB like GB. Wells was explosive in college. In Zona he really gets enough ground to get a head of steam.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    and a back has to be able to catch the ball out of the backfield in this offense....Greene is a goner. Kniles Davis was a heisman favorite before he hurt his ankle.....Eddie Lacy and other backs sure looked like college superstars to me.....nfl has shown that you can draft a starting caliber back after the 2nd round....look at the kid from the redskins who tore it up this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    There aren't any superstar RB's in this year's draft class but there are alot of good players that will be available in rounds 2-5. Why Shonn Greene is done as a Jet.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Good points but I am very familiar with the backs in this years draft....i would rather draft one of them than an underacheiving injury prone running back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    You have to ask yourself how much is it the line in Zona. As far as run blocking they may be the worst line in the league. Williams 1st, Wells 1st, Stephens-Howling 7th, Alfonso Smith, and Chester Taylor. It is not like they have ignored RB like GB. Wells was explosive in college. In Zona he really gets enough ground to get a head of steam.

I'm big supporter of taking the BAP at all times. I cannot see a BAP in regards to a RB in rounds 1 through 3. JMO.

Good points but I am very familiar with the backs in this years draft....i would rather draft one of them than an underacheiving injury prone running back.
    I am very familiar as well and want nothing to do with any of them.