Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Virus Warning

Virus Warning

My AVG just detected a threat on the site.

Name: Exploit Invisible IFrame Injection (type 1707)
    Object Name:
    Code:
    www.jetsinsider.com/forums/clientscript/vbulletin_attachment.js?v=387

Might want to check your server for that javascript file because that's just bad for business.

I changed the object name to a code block so nobody accidentally clicks on the link.

had the same thing but a different name(Malicious Attack something something and probably another thing). I turned the reminder thing off because it kept popping up everytime I clicked a link/new page.

it must be a bad virus..........

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    My AVG just detected a threat on the site.

Name: Exploit Invisible IFrame Injection (type 1707)
    Object Name:
    Code:
    www.jetsinsider.com/forums/clientscript/vbulletin_attachment.js?v=387

Might want to check your server for that javascript file because that's just bad for business.

for avg to pick it up, they cant catch a cold. change over to avira, is much better at detection and cleaning. second is avast, has lots of other options to go along with good detection and clean up (I use the free versions, havnt had a virus or Trojan of any sort.......
    Last edited by kennesawjet; 03-11-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images
    It's likely related to someone's sig pic but I will look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by kennesawjet View Post
    for avg to pick it up, they cant catch a cold. change over to avira, is much better at detection and cleaning. second is avast, has lots of other options to go along with good detection and clean up (I use the free versions, havnt had a virus or Trojan of any sort.......
    I'll look into it but I haven't had a problem with AVG so far either.

However, in looking at the actual virus definition it was generally noted that this sort of attack wasn't being picked up by the vast majority of virus applications.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware detected and blocked the threat.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    It's likely related to someone's sig pic but I will look into it.
    That is possible.

I'd do a search on "Exploit Invisible IFrame Injection" and then review the code in that javascript file to ensure that, A) it's your code file to begin with and, B) that it hasn't been tampered with.

Essentially the invisible IFrame loads a new window and directs the client to a website that they can't see which then installs a file on their computer. Usually it's daisy chained, meaning the first site is just a link to another hidden IFrame code file which is then directed to another site where the install happens.

Just something to check for.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    had the same thing but a different name(Malicious Attack something something and probably another thing). I turned the reminder thing off because it kept popping up everytime I clicked a link/new page.
    Me too.

Hall Of Fame
    NoScript for Firefox. NotScripts for Chrome. You will never get a virus from a harmful script. That is what the ".js" is.

Personally I think it is a sig or the Gifs thread or the OT thread.

All Pro
    BlekkoIC.exe, PUP.FunMoods

Check the adserver...again....I got prompted with a popup

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    NoScript for Firefox. NotScripts for Chrome. You will never get a virus from a harmful script. That is what the ".js" is.

Personally I think it is a sig or the Gifs thread or the OT thread.
    js is the javascript file extension. Not all .js files are viruses. In fact javascript is one of the backbones of the internet.

In my opinion, it's most definitely not coming from an image file link.

Jets Insider VIP
    Get a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Get a Mac.
    That's not really a helpful answer for those that browse from work on occasion.

LOL... because javascript doesn't run on Mac browsers?

Jets Insider VIP
    It can't be proven but there's a good chance that GMCjet2's polluted posts are at the epicenter of this

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    js is the javascript file extension. Not all .js files are viruses. In fact javascript is one of the backbones of the internet.

In my opinion, it's most definitely not coming from an image file link.
    Yeah I know. But the ads have their own scripts and sometimes those can be harmful. They definitely slow down your browser.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Yeah I know. But the ads have their own scripts and sometimes those can be harmful. They definitely slow down your browser.
    True. They are actually exploiting the ads framework.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Get a Mac.
    +1 ... 3 years and zero issues

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    It can't be proven but there's a good chance that GMCjet2's polluted posts are at the epicenter of this
    funny. You`re in your 60`s and yet you haven`t grown up? LOL Way to go Stephen.

Someone has a detection that can possibly be harmful to others and this is how a 60 year old man responds? Pathetic. Thankfully there are some people out there with the mindset to help others. Cheers to them.