Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Story: Jets Sign David Garrard

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Solid, cheap pickup.

I don't understand how anyone could be upset about this. Who the hell were you guys hoping for? Brady Quinn? Brian Hoyer?

If Garrard is healthy, he's a solid gamemanager and legit competition for Sanchez.
    Ummmm this!!!

Some of u are FF crazed, that is all I can think

Undrafted Free Agent
    Hell yeah Superbowl!!! I called it first.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    As expected. Tebow should be released in next 24 hours.
    Fine by me!!!

All Pro
    Thank god.

Now, we could put all the 2nd-3rd pick QB pick nonesense to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Never completed less than 60% of his passes as a full time player. As compared with Sanchez (mid and low 50s) and Tebow (40something).
    He hasn't played in the defensive mastermind's offense, comparing apples to applesauce.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Not really. But I think people should temper their excitement for David Garrard. Revisionist history is at play here.
    No one is expecting David Garrard to be on the probowl list next year but if he stay's healthy his floor is still above Sanchez's ceiling. It's a stop gap and it beats the usual suspects/rogue's gallery of free agent quarterbacks, like Brady Quinn who offer little. We are drafting a qb this year ... hopefully not in the first round and he will be competing along with the others ...

If David Garrard suffers an injury in training camp, whatever rookie we draft will instead be competing with Mark Sanchez for the opening Day starting gig.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Brilliant signing by Idzik and let me tell you why.

Garrard will be lucky to make it through training camp without getting hurt. He will last a game or 2 tops. The guy's back is put together with duct tape. Izdik knows this.

So on the surface, it looks like he is actually trying to win. So the homer fans are now saying,"Yeah baby. This guy is better then Sanchez. He completes 70% of his passes. Yippee!"

The real fans, like myself, see this for what it is.

Idzik is creating the illusion that he cares about winning in 2013. Garrard will be on IR by week 2, sanchez or some other scrub will come in and stink, and we go on to win 3 games and get the #1 pick in the draft.

Brilliant!
    Don't twist your arm patting yourself on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Thank god.

Now, we could put all the 2nd-3rd pick QB pick nonesense to bed.
    Not so fast. I am convinced we will still draft a QB... in the 2nd or 3rd round.
    Last edited by Jet Blast; 03-11-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    i see yor logic but dude.......EVERY GM in the nfl is out to win...the colts were supposedly rebuilding after winning TWO games in 2011...this may be a rocky season for the jets.....it may also not be since no one here knows what the roster will look like during training camp. my cousin kipp vickers played 10 years in the nfl and won a superbowl with the raven vs the giants...we talk about this so called expecting a tanked season and he said thats the biggest amount of nonsense coming from fans....you show me in nfl history ONC where the front office said they will send smoke screens to the fans because they know they will suck.....sorry but peoples jobs are on the line. The jets will attempt and i said attempt to put the best product on the field....with all the jets idicoy their last losing season since 2012 was 2007....some make it seem like this team is and has been the worst in football.
    LOL, logic?

I have no problem with this signing. Garrard is a serviceable quarterback for this year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    Hell yeah Superbowl!!! I called it first.
    Good one Vick

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    Not so fast. I am convinced we will still draft a QB... in the 2nd or 3rd round.
    Well allow me to unconvince you. It'd be a mistake. If a 29 year old Brandon Weeden came out this year, he'd be the first QB taken.

You gotta know when walk away brother. We're not in the market for a backup. We're in need of a new leader - and that guy is not in the 2013 class.

Jets Insider VIP
    Wow, I had to read the headline a couple times before the comprehension sunk in. The Jets - a signing! There is life!

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    How can you say in march that none of the qb's in the 2013 draft wil start and be a leader...do you have a crystal ball....when the seahawks drafted russell wilson did they envision him being a leader and beating out matt flynn whom they got from the packers.....sorry but you just don't know...we won't know until we see them in camp and on the field.

Well allow me to unconvince you. It'd be a mistake. If a 29 year old Brandon Weeden came out this year, he'd be the first QB taken.

You gotta know when walk away brother. We're not in the market for a backup. We're in need of a new leader - and that guy is not in the 2013 class.

Wow, this smells of Rex. Do not like this move at all unless we also release Sanchez. Garrard is not a starter, just Brunnell 2

Post New Story: Jets Sign David Garrard

Today, the Jets announced the signing of nine-year veteran quarterback David Garrard. The 35-year-old quarterback missed the 2011 season with a back injury and couldn't make it out of training camp* for the Miami Dolphins last season after a knee injury. This is the Jets second attempt to elevate the play of Mark Sanchez through competition, after that same strategy resulted in a fail of epic proportions last season.

Here are a few things to consider about the signing of Garrard:

-Don't expect Sanchez to be dethroned out of camp: New offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg has been quoted as saying Sanchez...

More...

Just looked at Garrards numbers - he had a season where he threw only 3 interceptions - all season. The guy takes care of the ball. He threw more TDs than interceptions every season he played. He doesnt fumble alot and runs for about 300 yards a season. If he stays healthy he could be a real find for the Jets. At least he takes the pressure off so they are not pressed into drafting a QB in a spot they dont want to. Great move for Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Wow, this smells of Rex. Do not like this move at all unless we also release Sanchez. Garrard is not a starter, just Brunnell 2
    Not even close, unless you are blind and don't look at stats.

All Pro

What round would u suggest i take Tyler Bray, because that is the QB i want. The kid has his issues, but he's 6'5" 230lbs with a strong arm and a quick release. Those are tools i can work with and a solid place to start when looking for a QB to play in the north east.

The only way i would be excited about this signing is if it causes the guaranteed release of Mark Sanchez and Tim Tebow. Going into training camp i want the QB rotation to consist of this Garrard chap, G Mac, Simms and the Rook we take in this draft.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 03-11-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Cool

Joe Montana. Tom Brady. Kurt Warner. Phill Simms. Drew Brees.
    What do they all have in common?

A) They've won Super Bowls and SB MVP's.
    B) They were all drafted AFTER the first round.
    C) At the time they were drafted, NO ONE knew they would be as good as they became.

The Jets absolutely have to draft a QB int he first three round of this draft. And they will. Thank God they don't take football advice from you.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    i would take bray in the 3rd round....as an sec man go gators....i have seem enough of him...arkansas was just a total mess in 2012....this kid can play.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    What round would u suggest i take Tyler Bray, because that is the QB i want. The kid has his issues, but he's 6'5" 230lbs with a strong arm and a quick release. Those are tools i can work with and a solid place to start when looking for a QB to play in the north east.