Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 218

Thread: New Story: Jets Sign David Garrard

  1. #101
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    nice to see someone who actually gets it



    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Joe Montana. Tom Brady. Kurt Warner. Phill Simms. Drew Brees.
    What do they all have in common?

    A) They've won Super Bowls and SB MVP's.
    B) They were all drafted AFTER the first round.
    C) At the time they were drafted, NO ONE knew they would be as good as they became.

    The Jets absolutely have to draft a QB int he first three round of this draft. And they will. Thank God they don't take football advice from you.

  2. #102

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Brilliant signing by Idzik and let me tell you why.

    Garrard will be lucky to make it through training camp without getting hurt. He will last a game or 2 tops. The guy's back is put together with duct tape. Izdik knows this.

    So on the surface, it looks like he is actually trying to win. So the homer fans are now saying,"Yeah baby. This guy is better then Sanchez. He completes 70% of his passes. Yippee!"

    The real fans, like myself, see this for what it is.

    Idzik is creating the illusion that he cares about winning in 2013. Garrard will be on IR by week 2, sanchez or some other scrub will come in and stink, and we go on to win 3 games and get the #1 pick in the draft.

    Brilliant!
    Day by day, you come ever closer to your goal of creating the dumbest posts in the history of mankind. Please root for a CFL team.

  3. #103
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,399
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    i would take bray in the 3rd round....as an sec man go gators....i have seem enough of him...arkansas was just a total mess in 2012....this kid can play.
    You're thinking of Tyler Wilson

  4. #104
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    and according to him....this is how REAL jets fans see it........lol sheesh



    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Day by day, you come ever closer to your goal of creating the dumbest posts in the history of mankind. Please root for a CFL team.

  5. #105
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    my bad...yes tyler wilson



    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    You're thinking of Tyler Wilson

  6. #106
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,844
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    i would take bray in the 3rd round....as an sec man go gators....i have seem enough of him...arkansas was just a total mess in 2012....this kid can play.
    Bray could develop into something in the NFL, but probably not in a WCO.

  7. #107
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    if Garrard stays healthy he beats out sanchez....i'm confident in that



    Quote Originally Posted by JI BREAKING NEWS TICKER View Post
    Today, the Jets announced the signing of nine-year veteran quarterback David Garrard. The 35-year-old quarterback missed the 2011 season with a back injury and couldn't make it out of training camp* for the Miami Dolphins last season after a knee injury. This is the Jets second attempt to elevate the play of Mark Sanchez through competition, after that same strategy resulted in a fail of epic proportions last season.

    Here are a few things to consider about the signing of Garrard:

    -Don't expect Sanchez to be dethroned out of camp: New offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg has been quoted as saying Sanchez...

    More...

  8. #108

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    i would take bray in the 3rd round....as an sec man go gators....i have seem enough of him...arkansas was just a total mess in 2012....this kid can play.
    You really think so? I havent seen him, I can only go by what I've read. Did he have attitude issues? I would love to have a guy who can be physically imposing at the QB spot, AND be a good QB period.

  9. #109
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,263
    best decision for the situation we are in ... nice work








    ljr

  10. #110
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    it seems like all the qb's in the 2013 drafts had great careers until last season....landry jones, bray even jeno smith regressed in 2013. I cannot gy by their last year of play....i am looking at the entire body of work. Even Matt Scott from Arizona played lights out in 2013.....I see this kid playing in the nfl.




    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    You really think so? I havent seen him, I can only go by what I've read. Did he have attitude issues? I would love to have a guy who can be physically imposing at the QB spot, AND be a good QB period.

  11. #111
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,136
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Joe Montana. Tom Brady. Kurt Warner. Phill Simms. Drew Brees.
    What do they all have in common?

    A) They've won Super Bowls and SB MVP's.
    B) They were all drafted AFTER the first round.
    C) At the time they were drafted, NO ONE knew they would be as good as they became.

    The Jets absolutely have to draft a QB int he first three round of this draft. And they will. Thank God they don't take football advice from you.
    What a horrible, horrible, horrible.... HORRIBLE, assessment of the quarterbacks coming out this year. Just the worst.

    This just tells me having a conversation with you about these guys is pointless. You don't know them.

  12. #112
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Bray could develop into something in the NFL, but probably not in a WCO.
    Think of the offense the Eagles ran last season. Wanna know why Vick got sacked as much as he did ? The Eagles like to throw the ball down the field, to Maclin and Jackson. The offense the Jets will run next season will be a vertical offense. It maybe based on the principals of the WCO, but it will not be Bill Walsh's WCO.

  13. #113
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,889
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    i'm cool with this....why is it disgusting...if he is healthy which he apparently is...he is the BEST qb on the roster.
    That's kinda disgusting in and of itself.......

  14. #114
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    good point and if you look at walshs actually WCO....which offense since that one has truly been a WCO.....fact is these days there are variations of the WCO.



    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Think of the offense the Eagles ran last season. Wanna know why Vick got sacked as much as he did ? The Eagles like to throw the ball down the field, to Maclin and Jackson. The offense the Jets will run next season will be a vertical offense. It maybe based on the principals of the WCO, but it will not be Bill Walsh's WCO.

  15. #115
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    What round would u suggest i take Tyler Bray, because that is the QB i want. The kid has his issues, but he's 6'5" 230lbs with a strong arm and a quick release. Those are tools i can work with and a solid place to start when looking for a QB to play in the north east.
    Pretty sure Tony said he interviewed poorly at the combine. Dropping like dead weight poorly. That, coupled with his already questionable personality and super inconsistent performance... forget it.

    Why do you think there was like literally NO heat for bray coming out of the combine?


    ....Look, I'm not saying these guys can't be useful in the NFL. I'm just saying they're not what the Jets need.

  16. #116
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    well garrard was disgusting enough to have won the dolphins qb job in 2012 before hurting his knee.......he looks less disgusting to other.


    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    That's kinda disgusting in and of itself.......

  17. #117
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    so then what is your take on arizonas Matt Scott....i watch as much college ball as pro ball....this kid can ball. to base your assumption than a player will not be useful for the jets because of what he did in the combine is not wise....up until a bad 2012 season people were not knocking him. I am not saying he is the player for the jets, but i don't base my opinions on the combine which to me says little to nothing about college players.



    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Pretty sure Tony said he interviewed poorly at the combine. Dropping like dead weight poorly. That, coupled with his already questionable personality and super inconsistent performance... forget it.

    Why do you think there was like literally NO heat for bray coming out of the combine?


    ....Look, I'm not saying these guys can't be useful in the NFL. I'm just saying they're not what the Jets need.

  18. #118
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    good point and if you look at walshs actually WCO....which offense since that one has truly been a WCO.....fact is these days there are variations of the WCO.
    The offense Paul Hackett ran with Chad Pennington . Nobody else ran that offense the way Walsh designed it.Wasn't Hackett the original OC of Bill Walsh ?

  19. #119

    Thumbs up

    this is an excellent move by our FO...

  20. #120

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    What a horrible, horrible, horrible.... HORRIBLE, assessment of the quarterbacks coming out this year. Just the worst.

    This just tells me having a conversation with you about these guys is pointless. You don't know them.
    No, it's an accurate assessment. None of the above guys were thought to be franchise QB'[s coming out, but they did have something that the teams liked and thought "maybe with some coaching and work this guy can be a starter". Of course they ended being much more than that, but you see what I mean (or at least you should). Draft a young QB and see what he has. If he surprises, great. If not, then draft another one next year. ALL of these guys have issues but they also have things to like. Which is why you take them in the 2-3rd round.

    Although I have to admit, if the Jets snag Geno Smith with the 9th pick, I'd like it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us