Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 218

Thread: New Story: Jets Sign David Garrard

  1. #121
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    Hackett was with san francisco from 1983-85


    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    The offense Paul Hackett ran with Chad Pennington . Nobody else ran that offense the way Walsh designed it.Wasn't Hackett the original OC of Bill Walsh ?

  2. #122
    terrible pick up but one that was expected-reality is rex's guy sanchez will be starting again all season

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Baddniss View Post
    this is an excellent move by our FO...
    Garrard is 35 and will not have played in 2 years.

  4. #124
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    I have Just 1 question about Tyler Bray. Was any of his reported issues of the criminal or illegal nature ? Sometimes a youngster's desire to win can get the best of him and when you are the leader, your stance may not sit well with everyone. If you're the leader and everyone around you loves u, you might be more of a friend than a leader.

    Most Leaders that i know say and do things that sometimes make those under them dislike them. Only when you come to the knowledge do you finally realize that everyone who pats you on the back doesn't have your best interest in mind.

  5. #125
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,598
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Garrard is 35 and will not have played in 2 years.
    Probably still an upgrade over Sanchez in his 2012 form.

  6. #126
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    you make is seem like he has been sitting on the couch for 2 years....the mas won the dolphins job in 2012 before getting hurt....if you think the jets have a better qb on the current roster then you are in the minority...this is not a long term solution, but it bring competition and a qb who is better than those on the current roster.



    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Garrard is 35 and will not have played in 2 years.

  7. #127
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,525
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Garrard is 35 and will not have played in 2 years.
    I'll take a 35 year old Garrard over the Brady Quinn's and Brian Hoyer's floating around in the FA pool.

  8. #128
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,764
    He was well on his way to be the starting QB for the Blowfish last year. then he was injured. now he isa JET and I wish him well. He can be terrific for us. He is very competant and professional unlike Suckchez.

  9. #129
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,764
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Garrard is 35 and will not have played in 2 years.
    Check what he was doing in camp with the Blowfish LAST year! He earned the starting job but was injured. Heck many of us think McElroy can beat out Suckchez and so can Garrard. If so, do we pay a third string clipboard holder 8 million to sit?

  10. #130
    why are the Jets constantly trying to "elevate" Mark Sanchez? Just be done with Mark and get someone else in here to "elevate" the entire team, or at least the Offense.

  11. #131
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    only thing i recall is silly incident with his roomie on the UT campus...some gold ball tossing incident....coming out of high school bray was the 7th ranked pro style qb going into college.



    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I have Just 1 question about Tyler Bray. Was any of his reported issues of the criminal or illegal nature ? Sometimes a youngster's desire to win can get the best of him and when you are the leader, your stance may not sit well with everyone. If you're the leader and everyone around you loves u, you might be more of a friend than a leader.

    Most Leaders that i know say and do things that sometimes make those under them dislike them. Only when you come to the knowledge do you finally realize that everyone who pats you on the back doesn't have your best interest in mind.

  12. #132
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I have Just 1 question about Tyler Bray. Was any of his reported issues of the criminal or illegal nature ? Sometimes a youngster's desire to win can get the best of him and when you are the leader, your stance may not sit well with everyone. If you're the leader and everyone around you loves u, you might be more of a friend than a leader.

    Most Leaders that i know say and do things that sometimes make those under them dislike them. Only when you come to the knowledge do you finally realize that everyone who pats you on the back doesn't have your best interest in mind.
    Last summer he was involved in a stolen jet ski incident.

    Not long before that, he was accused of throwing beer bottles at cars in a parking garage outside his dorm.

    His own coaches have questioned his work ethic as well.

    Is this the kind of immature douchebag you want to hand millions of dollars to?



    I personally have no clue why so many hate Glennon but love Bray. They're basically the same player except Glennon doesn't have the dickish attitude and questions surrounding his commitment to football.

  13. #133
    Are people seriously being critical of this move?

    Were people expecting more? Do people understand the situations?

    JetsInsider: the Waterloo of intelligent thinking

  14. #134
    I don't understand this negativity about the Garrard signing. He's a smart QB who doesn't throw INT's and doesn't turn the ball over. He's also taken his team to the playoffs a couple of times and even made the Probowl in 2010.


    This was a quality signing, and Mark Sanchez has his work cut out for him trying to keep Garrard from bieing the #1 guy on opening day.



    Nice move Jets... Best available QB on the market and you signed him.

  15. #135
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    i'm not killing bray but i would draft glennon and tyler wilson over bray because i think they are just better.



    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Last summer he was involved in a stolen jet ski incident.

    Not long before that, he was accused of throwing beer bottles at cars in a parking garage outside his dorm.

    His own coaches have questioned his work ethic as well.

    Is this the kind of immature douchebag you want to hand millions of dollars to?



    I personally have no clue why so many hate Glennon but love Bray. They're basically the same player except Glennon doesn't have the dickish attitude and questions surrounding his commitment to football.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    I don't understand this negativity about the Garrard signing. He's a smart QB who doesn't throw INT's and doesn't turn the ball over. He's also taken his team to the playoffs a couple of times and even made the Probowl in 2010.


    This was a quality signing, and Mark Sanchez has his work cut out for him trying to keep Garrard from bieing the #1 guy on opening day.



    Nice move Jets... Best available QB on the market and you signed him.
    Jets fans have a sense of entitlement for some unknown reason and they overlook logic and facts just to be *****y

  17. #137
    Garrard is a stopgap to me. We're drafting a QB next year (hopefully).

  18. #138
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Posts
    17,568
    you are 100 percent correct....but thank god not ALL jets fans think that way.....signing Garrard was a no brainer.


    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Jets fans have a sense of entitlement for some unknown reason and they overlook logic and facts just to be *****y

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Garrard is a stopgap to me. We're drafting a QB next year (hopefully).
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000

    Amazing that people are not getting this.

  20. #140
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,194
    I'm a big fan of Tyler Bray. I think we'd be lucky to have him there for us in the 3rd round. I'm not sure how he'd fit in a traditional wco, but I don't think MM runs a typical wco.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us