Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: New Story: Jets Sign David Garrard

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Brilliant signing by Idzik and let me tell you why.

Garrard will be lucky to make it through training camp without getting hurt. He will last a game or 2 tops. The guy's back is put together with duct tape. Izdik knows this.

So on the surface, it looks like he is actually trying to win. So the homer fans are now saying,"Yeah baby. This guy is better then Sanchez. He completes 70% of his passes. Yippee!"

The real fans, like myself, see this for what it is.

Idzik is creating the illusion that he cares about winning in 2013. Garrard will be on IR by week 2, sanchez or some other scrub will come in and stink, and we go on to win 3 games and get the #1 pick in the draft.

Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    He hasn't played for two years now, that is a really long time away from football. I don't mind him as a backup but it would be horrible is he's our starting QB. Would rather have a rookie or Sanchez starting.
    He was in Miami's off-season program, went through the mini-camps, and start of training camp and was going to win the starting job, it isn't like he hasn't picked up a football in two years. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    +1

That was one of the most idiotic things I have ever read in my life. "Real fan" lol

Time for a Poll, who starts Sanchez or Garrard. I'll go with the dark skinned brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Brilliant signing by Idzik and let me tell you why.

Garrard will be lucky to make it through training camp without getting hurt. He will last a game or 2 tops. The guy's back is put together with duct tape. Izdik knows this.

So on the surface, it looks like he is actually trying to win. So the homer fans are now saying,"Yeah baby. This guy is better then Sanchez. He completes 70% of his passes. Yippee!"

The real fans, like myself, see this for what it is.

Idzik is creating the illusion that he cares about winning in 2013. Garrard will be on IR by week 2, sanchez or some other scrub will come in and stink, and we go on to win 3 games and get the #1 pick in the draft.

Brilliant!

I don't know what's sadder....

Joe W. Namath's post or sdJETSetter's endorsement of it.

I mean...REALLY, guys?

This "Same Old Jets Fan" act has gotten old yesterday.

Find a new hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I whole heartedly agree with this. In fact:

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

I mean...REALLY, guys?

Find a new hobby.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    Time for a Poll, who starts Sanchez or Garrard. I'll go with the dark skinned brother.
    Sanchez doesn't make the team IMO so easy Garrard.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    As expected. Tebow should be released in next 24 hours.
    You mean Sanchez ... Right. ?

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    As expected. Tebow should be released in next 24 hours.
    +1

And just like that. A modicum of credibility has been restored to this organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Are people seriously being critical of this move?
    Some people won't be happy until the Jets trade picks and give tens of millions in guaranteed money to overrated scrubs like Alex Smith & Matt Moore.

Veteran
    Great signing!! Great guy, watched him at ECU and worked with him before he went pro, very glad to have him on the roster.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

QB David Garrard Joins the Green & White

Posted 4 hours ago

By Jets Media Relations Department

The New York Jets have signed free agent quarterback David Garrard.

Garrard (6'1", 240/East Carolina/Durham, NC), a nine-year NFL veteran, joins the Jets with a career 85.8 passer rating. During his career, he has played in 86 NFL games (76 starts) and has completed 61.6 percent (1,406 of 2,281) of his passes for 16,003 yards and 89 touchdowns with 54 interceptions.

Garrard recorded a career-high passer rating of 102.2 in 2007 when he led the Jacksonville Jaguars to a 9-3 start (he missed three games due to injury and did not play in the season finale) and threw for 2,509 yards and 18 touchdowns with an NFL-low three interceptions as he completed 208 of 325 passes. The three interceptions in 325 pass attempts stands as the third-lowest interception percentage (0.92) in a season for any quarterback in NFL history with 300 or more attempts.

He earned his only Pro Bowl appearance in 2009 after completing 314 of 516 passes (60.90%) for 3,597 yards and 15 touchdowns with 10 interceptions for an 83.5 rating. He did not play in 2011 and 2012.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Some people won't be happy until the Jets trade picks and give tens of millions in guaranteed money to overrated scrubs like Alex Smith & Matt Moore.
    Or just sell the team and move it out of NY

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Or just sell the team and move it out of NY
    Some Jets fans won't be happy until they can buy an authentic Kyle Orton Jets jersey.

Hall Of Fame
    that crap died long ago for me.....I now feel that some fans just for some reason enjoy living in that world where everything is doom and gloom....for me its a new season with a new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post

I mean...REALLY, guys?

Find a new hobby.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Is it me, or is that hat horrible?

Thanks for the positive vibes, David.
    + 1. Hate the hat, but love the enthusiasm. It's actually refreshing.

Hall Of Fame
    hey einstein garrard had won the dolphins job LAST YEAR and lost it due to being injured....how does that make him stink.....do some of you think before you type.

Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    There is a reason why he has been out of football, He Stinks, Sanchez is Johnny U compared to him

Hall Of Fame
    the funny thing is the jets won 6 games and should have won more....these people are making it seem as though the jets have won 2 games a year for the past decade....i am actually here laughing....if i felt like them i might as well not even watch the 2013 season.

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    A lot of negative fans don't want to accept this but the Jets could actually be a pretty good team this season if they can get their o-line situation taken care of and retain Landry and Bell.

Do the Jets have needs? YES.
    Does nearly every team in the NFL have needs? YES.

The Jets could very well get most of their problems solved by opening day and be a pretty good team... That IS a possibility regardless of what some of the fans might think.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Borgoguy I have been doing that since I joined the site back in 2003...it just stuck.
    I'd be careful about posting in RIP threads.