Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Story: Jets Sign David Garrard

All going as planned. Just need to figure out how to get Sanchez to Seattle or some other place that may have a fondness for him. Could possibly package a trade involving Revis, cash out and load up on draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    His last full season was better than any season Sanchez has had, if I remember correctly.
    His worst season was better than any Sanchez ever had. If healthy, good signing.

Wish we'd create cap room to just cut Sanchez now and take the cap hit this year.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    i'm going by what i saw on the field....garrard has been a much better pro qb than sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Never completed less than 60% of his passes as a full time player. As compared with Sanchez (mid and low 50s) and Tebow (40something).

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    Better than shebow, another step in the right direction.

On we march.
    Good way of looking at it. Upgraded one of the QBs on the roster. On to the next move.

Banned
    This means we're drafting a QB.

Buh-bye, Sanchez.

Veteran
    Cost?

Quote Originally Posted by jxc View Post
    All going as planned. Just need to figure out how to get Sanchez to Seattle or some other place that may have a fondness for him. Could possibly package a trade involving Revis, cash out and load up on draft picks.
    After last year his parents don't even want him back.

Hall Of Fame
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    This means we're drafting a QB.

Buh-bye, Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

He hasn't played for two years now, that is a really long time away from football. I don't mind him as a backup but it would be horrible is he's our starting QB. Would rather have a rookie or Sanchez starting.

He's older and not the greatest. However, he has always been reasonably accurate and he does not throw many picks. He's the best backup/challenger we have had in a while. A far better alternative than Tebow was and miles better than Brunell ever was. Smart signing.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Cost?
    My guess is 1 mill and 100,000 for every start. If he don't beat out Sanchez it is 1 mill, if he starts all year it is 2.5.

Hall Of Fame
    Garrard is a proven veteran so i am confident he can shake the rust...he was going to be the dolphins qb LAST YEAR....with that said the jets will also draft a qb....no one knows what he will do in training camp.....all i know is that right now...garrard is the best qb on the roster...that may not be saying too much, but it also means that tebow is out and sanchez days are numbered....sorry but i like the sound of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    He hasn't played for two years now, that is a really long time away from football. I don't mind him as a backup but it would be horrible is he's our starting QB. Would rather have a rookie or Sanchez starting.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post

He's merely veteran insurance for the QB we draft in April.

I don't get the excitement. This isn't 2008.

Hall Of Fame
    and he just turned 35 last month....he is not a relic....no one knows how it will turn out, but i just can't knock this signing.

I'll take it part one of getting better this year done. Still feel this is an instant upgrade. Now draft a new QB and lets start that QB comp everyone is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Good way of looking at it. Upgraded one of the QBs on the roster. On to the next move.
    Absolutely, solid starter before his injury. Should push Sanchez and he is cost effective.

Nothin flashy, just solid completion. Don't know how anyone can get on Idzik's case bout this one.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    He's merely veteran insurance for the QB we draft in April.
    He starts the first 4 or 5 games, the Jets go 1-4 and then the rookie comes in. It allows you to not have to start the rookie right away, unless he blows everybody away from the start.

Hall Of Fame
    so i guess you would be more comfortable with sanchez, tebow and a rookie going into camp.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I don't get the excitement. This isn't 2008.

Jets Insider VIP
    Brilliant signing by Idzik and let me tell you why.

Garrard will be lucky to make it through training camp without getting hurt. He will last a game or 2 tops. The guy's back is put together with duct tape. Izdik knows this.

So on the surface, it looks like he is actually trying to win. So the homer fans are now saying,"Yeah baby. This guy is better then Sanchez. He completes 70% of his passes. Yippee!"

The real fans, like myself, see this for what it is.

Idzik is creating the illusion that he cares about winning in 2013. Garrard will be on IR by week 2, sanchez or some other scrub will come in and stink, and we go on to win 3 games and get the #1 pick in the draft.

Brilliant!