Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 218

Thread: New Story: Jets Sign David Garrard

  1. #161
    Superbowl.

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    How do you figure Garrard is "awful"? He made the Probowl two seasons ago...



    Sanchez is "awful". That's how you judge "awful" these days.
    He is not the same player from 2 years ago. He will be hurt within 6 games. He stinks!
    Last edited by JoePNYJ1; 03-11-2013 at 08:27 PM.

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    He is not the same player from 2 years ago. He will be hurt within 6 games.
    SO?

  4. #164
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What?

    Glennon's size, arm strength and release are the main areas that make him attractive to NFL teams.


    And as for Bray, the kid has been highly touted since he was in middle school. But he basically got to Tennessee and just coasted. With an outstanding supporting cast, I might add.

    This isn't a case of a college kid just making a mistake, Bray is an arrogant douchebag who has made these mistakes REPEATEDLY.


    Sorry, I want nothing to do with a QB who doesn't eat, sleep and breathe football.
    There's a difference between Release and release point. Glennon has the size, the arm and the release point.

  5. #165
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    He is not the same player from 2 years ago. He will be hurt within 6 games.
    You don't know that, you can say that about any quarterback in the NFL playing against 360 pound nosetackles and stuff. Any quarterback can get hurt at any time. Peyton Manning had his neck broken and was out for a whole season. What is your point here, besides negativity?

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    SO?
    So when your players are hurt, they can't play football! That means you're paying guys to sit on the sidelines! It's usually not a good thing to have injured players!

    Garrard is a nothing signing. 35 year old injury prone QBs that havent played in two years are not great bets to contribute to the team. The only thing that pleases me about the signing is it's further evidence Tebow's gone.

    Garrard is not a lock to beat McElroy out for the backup job even if he is healthy.

  7. #167
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,310
    Quote Originally Posted by mike309 View Post
    There is a reason why he has been out of football, He Stinks, Sanchez is Johnny U compared to him
    Don't you ever again make that comparrison. That's like comparring a Penthouse to an Outhouse.

  8. #168
    A lot of negative fans don't want to accept this but the Jets could actually be a pretty good team this season if they can get their o-line situation taken care of and retain Landry and Bell.

    Do the Jets have needs? YES.
    Does nearly every team in the NFL have needs? YES.


    The Jets could very well get most of their problems solved by opening day and be a pretty good team... That IS a possibility regardless of what some of the fans might think.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Gata View Post
    Superbowl 2013 here we come... BOOK IT!


    Going all the way!! Belichick is already working on how to stop our offense.

  10. #170
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post


    Going all the way!! Belichick is already working on how to stop our offense.
    It would be hysterical if we won the Superbowl with Garrard.

    Not going to happen, of course, but it would be hysterical.

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    A lot of negative fans don't want to accept this but the Jets could actually be a pretty good team this season if they can get their o-line situation taken care of and retain Landry and Bell.

    Do the Jets have needs? YES.
    Does nearly every team in the NFL have needs? YES.


    The Jets could very well get most of their problems solved by opening day and be a pretty good team... That IS a possibility regardless of what some of the fans might think.

    But the coaching bro. Rex doesnt inspire confidence.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    A lot of negative fans don't want to accept this but the Jets could actually be a pretty good team this season if they can get their o-line situation taken care of and retain Landry and Bell.

    Do the Jets have needs? YES.
    Does nearly every team in the NFL have needs? YES.


    The Jets could very well get most of their problems solved by opening day and be a pretty good team... That IS a possibility regardless of what some of the fans might think.
    No im not a negative jets fan I am into the reality of the situation. Sure it's possible to get this team in the right direction this season but not with garrard.

  13. #173
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    But the coaching bro. Rex doesnt inspire confidence.
    Rex isn't coaching the offense. He had to tolerate Schotty, then Sparano. Now he's got a legit OC who knows what to do with an offense.


    Again, the Jets could very well have a pretty good team next season. Are they going to make the playoffs? Not sure, maybe. Could they go far in the playoffs if they make it? Hey, the Giants did it twice as a 9-7 team so it can be done.


    Remember, all the Jets have to be is 3 games better than last year to be a playoff team. I think it can be done... it's not outside the realm of possibility.

  14. #174
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Far Rock,Queens,NYC
    Posts
    658
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He's older and not the greatest. However, he has always been reasonably accurate and he does not throw many picks. He's the best backup/challenger we have had in a while. A far better alternative than Tebow was and miles better than Brunell ever was. Smart signing.
    I like the signing to!But you think Garrard was better then Brunell in his prime!

  15. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    No im not a negative jets fan I am into the reality of the situation. Sure it's possible to get this team in the right direction this season but not with garrard.
    Again, how do you know that? You're assuming that. How many teams start the season like the Chargers, with high expectations then nosedive? Then how many teams are supposed to suck who actually put up some good games and make the playoffs? Let's see how it goes and take it one game at a time. You never ever know what a new season holds... NEVER.

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Joe Montana. Tom Brady. Kurt Warner. Phill Simms. Drew Brees.
    What do they all have in common?

    A) They've won Super Bowls and SB MVP's.
    B) They were all drafted AFTER the first round.
    C) At the time they were drafted, NO ONE knew they would be as good as they became.

    The Jets absolutely have to draft a QB int he first three round of this draft. And they will. Thank God they don't take football advice from you.
    Simms was a 1st round pick.

    Warner wasn't drafted.

    Brady was a 6th rounder.

    So if Brady & Warner were after the 3rd round / Undrafted why do the Jets have to draft someone in the first 3 rounds?

  17. #177
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In Da Club with a Bottle Full of Bubb
    Posts
    8,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Brilliant signing by Idzik and let me tell you why.

    Garrard will be lucky to make it through training camp without getting hurt. He will last a game or 2 tops. The guy's back is put together with duct tape. Izdik knows this.

    So on the surface, it looks like he is actually trying to win. So the homer fans are now saying,"Yeah baby. This guy is better then Sanchez. He completes 70% of his passes. Yippee!"

    The real fans, like myself, see this for what it is.

    Idzik is creating the illusion that he cares about winning in 2013. Garrard will be on IR by week 2, sanchez or some other scrub will come in and stink, and we go on to win 3 games and get the #1 pick in the draft.

    Brilliant!
    This is pure TRUTH. We are on the same page Joe, but im guessing that Garrard makes it into week 6-7 of the reg season......then Sanchez comes in, continues his mediocre play with a bit of improvement from 2012 so he can be sent off for a 5th at the end of next season and then and only then will the true QB search begin.

    We share the vision. It takes patience, but this is exactly the road to the next shot at a true franchise QB.

  18. #178
    @davidgarrard9: Here's me signing my contract!!! Happy to be a Jet!!!! http://t.co/TX1VkxzVv5

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @davidgarrard9: Here's me signing my contract!!! Happy to be a Jet!!!! http://t.co/TX1VkxzVv5
    Is it me, or is that hat horrible?

    Thanks for the positive vibes, David.

  20. #180
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,301
    Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Rex isn't coaching the offense. He had to tolerate Schotty, then Sparano. Now he's got a legit OC who knows what to do with an offense.


    Again, the Jets could very well have a pretty good team next season. Are they going to make the playoffs? Not sure, maybe. Could they go far in the playoffs if they make it? Hey, the Giants did it twice as a 9-7 team so it can be done.


    Remember, all the Jets have to be is 3 games better than last year to be a playoff team. I think it can be done... it's not outside the realm of possibility.
    This.....

    How in the world can anyone in their right mind say the Jets will only win 3 games next year is beyond me!!!

    Even if Sanchez come back and starts no way he plays as poorly as he did last year.... He wass awful as was the entire Jets offense

    Just maddness

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us