Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Story: Jets Sign David Garrard

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    bringing in Garrard is to me the start of the writing on the wall for Sanchez......sanchez is not beating out garrard in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    why are the Jets constantly trying to "elevate" Mark Sanchez? Just be done with Mark and get someone else in here to "elevate" the entire team, or at least the Offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStylez View Post
    Day by day, you come ever closer to your goal of creating the dumbest posts in the history of mankind. Please root for a CFL team.
    Joe W is only the third place trophy winner. The Banned gets the silver medal and GMCJet 2 is the runawaywinner by open lengths

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    +1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000

Amazing that people are not getting this.
    Do people think that he's the savior of the Jets? Like Flash Gordon or something?

Garrard:

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Joe W is only the third place trophy winner. The Banned gets the silver medal and GMCJet 2 is the runawaywinner by open lengths

Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    Do people think that he's the savior of the Jets? Like Flash Gordon or something?

Garrard:

No, they just wanted somebody better to get rid of Sanchez. Neglecting the financial situation and the situation of the team in general

When you think about it, we have Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, Kerley, Hill, and now we have David Garrard to get them the ball in an efficient and effective way. Now all the Jets have to concentrate on in the draft is selecting a couple of quality O-lineman to get the protection back online and this offense should be able to score pretty well.

Hopefully the can somehow retain Landry and Bell, then see what they can do to get some kind of pass rush from this crew and the Jets might not be a joke in 2013 after all.

Hall Of Fame
    Garrard is a stopgap to me. We're drafting a QB next year (hopefully).
    we will draft one this year too. Bill Walsh used to say draft a QB each year until one sticks. Then draft another the following year!

Maybe, for a year or two, but he's a damn fine stopgap to have considering the alternative.

Garrard is awful and for 2 years? Really? I predict Sanchez wins and we are gonna be awful anyway.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by The Band View Post
    why are the Jets constantly trying to "elevate" Mark Sanchez? Just be done with Mark and get someone else in here to "elevate" the entire team, or at least the Offense.
    Look at the way some of Mark's fans act on this board! Excuse after excuse. They only care about him and not winning!

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Garrard is awful and for 2 years? Really? I predict Sanchez wins and we are gonna be awful anyway.
    So?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Last summer he was involved in a stolen jet ski incident.

Not long before that, he was accused of throwing beer bottles at cars in a parking garage outside his dorm.

His own coaches have questioned his work ethic as well.

Is this the kind of immature douchebag you want to hand millions of dollars to?

I personally have no clue why so many hate Glennon but love Bray. They're basically the same player except Glennon doesn't have the dickish attitude and questions surrounding his commitment to football.
    No they're not UT. The big difference between Glennon and Bray is the release.Glennon's is gradual and over the top, not Lefwich slow, but gradual while Bray's release is quick and compact and more 3 quarters.

I prefer the guy with the quick compact release. If i gave up on every kid that made a stupid mistake in college, i would have to give up on the world.

How do you figure Garrard is "awful"? He made the Probowl two seasons ago...

Sanchez is "awful". That's how you judge "awful" these days.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    miles better than Brunell ever was.
    I'm not down on the signing, but this statement is way false. Brunell had a few years where he was a lot better than Garrard's ceiling, let alone his play to date.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    No they're not UT. The big difference between Glennon and Bray is the release.Glennon's is gradual and over the top, not Lefwich slow, but gradual while Bray's release is quick and compact and more 3 quarters.

I prefer the guy with the quick compact release. If i gave up on every kid that made a stupid mistake in college, i would have to give up on the world.
    What?

Glennon's size, arm strength and release are the main areas that make him attractive to NFL teams.

And as for Bray, the kid has been highly touted since he was in middle school. But he basically got to Tennessee and just coasted. With an outstanding supporting cast, I might add.

This isn't a case of a college kid just making a mistake, Bray is an arrogant douchebag who has made these mistakes REPEATEDLY.

Sorry, I want nothing to do with a QB who doesn't eat, sleep and breathe football.

Practice Squad
    What did people expect? There doesn't appear to be anything special in this draft. I like the signing.

I always remember the Pitt playoff game from 08 and thinking he was the next McNair. Too bad he still isn't 30.

All League
    Of course he is. But the point is that he is good choice as an inexpensive decent stopgap.

Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    I'm not down on the signing, but this statement is way false. Brunell had a few years where he was a lot better than Garrard's ceiling, let alone his play to date.
    Some of these fans are a joke and don't know history. Mark Brunell was a damn fine quarterback with really good arm.

3-time Probowler
    Superbowl Champ
    Threw for over 32,000 yards
    Had an overall QB Rating of 84

How the hell does that make Mark Brunell anything less than one of the better quarterbacks to ever play the game of football on a professional level? You let me know when 95% of the quarterbacks playing the game today ever reach that level okay?

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    i'm cool with this....why is it disgusting...if he is healthy which he apparently is...he is the BEST qb on the roster.
    There is a reason why he has been out of football, He Stinks, Sanchez is Johnny U compared to him