Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets have “good” offer on table for Revis per PFT

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Florio's argument that the Jets should get less for Revis than Harvin makes no sense.
    Why?

A play-making WR who can single-handidly turn a game around versus a CB who only neutralizes one opposing player.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Florio's argument that the Jets should get less for Revis than Harvin makes no sense.
    Exactly

He's basing all of it strictly on the inability to slap the franchise tag on Revis.

Whoever trades for him is giving him a longterm deal immediately. I don't even see how that's debatable. Especially a team like the Bucs, who have over $30 million in cap space.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    That PFT post says best case scenario is bucs' 2nd round pick...
    Right. As decided by a professional news aggregator and failed humorist with no league connections. Makes sense.

Hall Of Fame
    Florio is a moron and always has been.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    That PFT post says best case scenario is bucs' 2nd round pick...
    Florio also said yesterday that there was no chance the Vikings were trading Percy Harvin. 10 minutes later, the news that he'd been traded comes out. Florio, like the slimy piece of sh!t he is, removed his post.

The guy is a total f*cking hack.

All League
    One is arguably a top 15 WR in the NFL right now the other is arguably the best CB of all time. Who's value should be higher?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Why?

A play-making WR who can single-handidly turn a game around versus a CB who only neutralizes one opposing player.
    A CB who completely eliminates the playmaking WR from a game.

Harvin is a versatile playmaker, but he's not an elite receiver.

Revis is hands down the best CB in the game. I don't even want to hear the Richard Sherman nonsense. I heard the same sh*t about Nnamdi 2-3 years ago and where is he now?

Tampa has over $30 million in cap space to work with and a glaring need at CB. We may not get a 1st this year, but I could see us getting their 2nd this year and a conditional 1st round pick in 2014.

Hall Of Fame
    Why?

That wasn't Florio's argument, TX. Read his reasoning (which didn't make sense) before posting.
    Last edited by SMC; 03-12-2013 at 03:19 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    One is arguably a top 15 WR in the NFL right now the other is arguably the best CB of all time. Who's value should be higher?
    Exactly

And they're both coming off season ending injuries, so I don't see why that only pertains to Revis.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Exactly

He's basing all of it strictly on the inability to slap the franchise tag on Revis.

Whoever trades for him is giving him a longterm deal immediately. I don't even see how that's debatable. Especially a team like the Bucs, who have over $30 million in cap space.
    Absolutely. The franchise tag is absolutely meaningless in this scenario.

He also said that Harvin costs more because he was traded in conference which is laughable. Trading the player in conference means the team trading the player values him less.

The bottom line is that as a first time GM, Idzik can't walk away with a deal worse than what Harvin garnered. He's building his own credibility and he knows it.

t's similar to what the Twins GM was going through with Santana.

Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    Florio also said yesterday that there was no chance the Vikings were trading Percy Harvin. 10 minutes later, the news that he'd been traded comes out. Florio, like the slimy piece of sh!t he is, removed his post.

The guy is a total f*cking hack.
    I enjoy reading PFT for entertainment but Florio has no idea what the compensation is....complete and utter speculation. Shoddy journalism but has to be expected from internet journalists....only info that he has "confirmed" is the Bucs will be a trade partner..."if the teams can agree on compensation" - going out on a limb there!

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    A CB who completely eliminates the playmaking WR from a game.

Harvin is a versatile playmaker, but he's not an elite receiver.

Revis is hands down the best CB in the game. I don't even want to hear the Richard Sherman nonsense. I heard the same sh*t about Nnamdi 2-3 years ago and where is he now?

Tampa has over $30 million in cap space to work with and a glaring need at CB. We may not get a 1st this year, but I could see us getting their 2nd this year and a conditional 1st round pick in 2014.
    I could live with a 2d this yr and a 1st next...gotta get a 1st though.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    That wasn't Florio's argument, TX. Read his reasoning (which didn't make sense) before posting.
    My bad SMC.

Hall Of Fame
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    The Revis derby isn't limited to one team. Several have had trade talks, including the Eagles and Bucs, and NYJ highly motivated to move him

Veteran
    All reports are total BS Woody has stated "no comment" when asked about Revis. Reporters are way off base as they are just trying to sell newspapers.

Hall Of Fame
    My bad SMC.
    It's okay, TX.

Besides, as to your point, I'd understand the argument that Megatron, Fitz, Johnson, Gronk, etc. should garner more than Revis, but this is Percy Freakin' Harvin we're talking about.

Hall Of Fame
    @WilliamsonNFL: Have been calling for Revis to #Buccaneers for quite a while now-just makes too much sense

@WilliamsonNFL: Revis/Wanny/Schiano/Big East/Pitt/Huge CB Need/Aggressive Front Office....Revis to #Buccaneers

@JasonLaCanfora: The Revis derby isn't limited to one team. Several have had trade talks, including the Eagles and Bucs, and NYJ highly motivated to move him

Several teams are pursuing Darrelle Revis, including the Eagles and Buccaneers, according to league sources.

The Jets would like to make the deal as soon as possible, though Revis' recovery from ACL surgery complicates things. Jets owner Woody Johnson is highly motivated to make the deal, as we first reported weeks ago, but sources involved in the discussions have said teams have been hesitant to part with a bevy of picks only to then have to step up and give Revis a deal making him one of the highest paid players in the game.

Revis has one year worth $6M left on his contract and the Bucs and Eagles have ample cap space, and could create more with the release of veteran corners Eric Wright (set to make $8M this season in Tampa) and Nnamdi Asomugha (set to make $15M in Philly). Both have long been likely cuts anyway, due at least in part to their big salaries.

Both Tampa and Philadelphia are willing to be aggressive to make moves and have long discussed this move internally, sources said. other teams have expressed interest as well.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-12-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @WilliamsonNFL: Have been calling for Revis to #Buccaneers for quite a while now-just makes too much sense

@JasonLaCanfora: The Revis derby isn't limited to one team. Several have had trade talks, including the Eagles and Bucs, and NYJ highly motivated to move him
    revis and barron in that secondary sounds good.

Veteran
    The next few hours are going to be very interesting. With the Vikes getting an extra first yesterday and cutting Antoine Winfield today they may be looking to move on Revis.

I'm thinking TB is the 'one' good offer and now a team like Minny is trying to move in. Their fall back plan may be to make an offer to Victor Cruz since they need WR help too.

As it is, I think Revis is gone by midnight.

Hall Of Fame
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    More than one team has interest in Darrelle Revis. The season of the blockbuster trade remains upon us: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...darrelle-revis