Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Jets have “good” offer on table for Revis per PFT

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    More than one team has interest in Darrelle Revis. The season of the blockbuster trade remains upon us: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...darrelle-revis
    @CBSSports: The Buccaneers and Eagles are strongly pursuing Darrelle Revis. http://t.co/YKjqZnoWFu (via @JasonLaCanfora).

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @CBSSports: The Buccaneers and Eagles are strongly pursuing Darrelle Revis. http://t.co/YKjqZnoWFu (via @JasonLaCanfora).
    Bidding war!!! I like it.

Hall Of Fame
    Pretty surprised that the Iggles would be in on this after their Nmandi experience.

Hall Of Fame
    Bidding war!!! I like it.
    wouldnt mind if the eagles gave the jets their 1st rounder next year. they're not going to be very good.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Pretty surprised that the Iggles would be in on this after their Nmandi experience.
    guess they figure if they did it again they'd go for the best and not an imposter.

Veteran
    Yankees interested in Revis for 1b DH is next. Just like all these reporters had Asumagh going to Jets, not one reporter ever mentioned Eagles.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    Yankees interested in Revis for 1b DH is next. Just like all these reporters had Asumagh going to Jets, not one reporter ever mentioned Eagles.

That's true. Their GM is a sneaky little bastard...

Hall Of Fame
    When Shefty reports it I feel better

@AdamSchefter: As @ProFootballTalk reported, Buccaneers are a potential landing spot for Jets CB Darrelle Revis.

Moderator VIP Visionary
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Why?

A play-making WR who can single-handidly turn a game around versus a CB who only neutralizes one opposing player.
    I'd ban you for trolling; except that's why we pay your to post here. Allegedly.

Revis has been quite a stud as a leader, a vocal leader here and he will be missed.

All League
    Jets are only allowed to trade their current best players to Tampa. It's in the NFL record books check it out.

All League
    Charter JI Member

I gotta feeling he'll be gone before 6......just this feeling.

I think Idzik is going to turn out to be the polar opposite of Tanny. Everything is tight lipped. None of these hacks in the NY Media are going to a shred of information.

Just look at the Holmes restructure no one scooped it until it was a done deal.

Idzik idz-da-man....!

Hall Of Fame
    @ConorTOrr: Idzik would be able to do business with former Tampa Bay co-worker Mark Dominik. The two are still close. #nyj #jets

FYI:

Dominick & Idzik came into the NFL with Tampa in the late '90s..Hmmmm

Dominik joined the Buccaneers’ staff in June 1995 as a pro personnel assistant. He served in that capacity through the 1997 season, before assuming the title of pro scout in 1998 and coordinator of pro personnel in 2000. Prior to the start of the 2001 season, Dominik began the first of his eight years as Tampa Bay’s Director of Pro Personnel. In 2002, Dominik helped guide the Buccaneers to their first world championship in their Super Bowl XXXVII victory over the Oakland Raiders.

As Director of Pro Personnel, Dominik's duties included overseeing the scouting, recruiting and signing efforts of all NFL players, while also monitoring NFL transactions and overseeing player tryouts. He was also in charge of the Pro Personnel department’s evaluation of players in all other professional football leagues, including the Canadian Football League and the Arena Football League, while being responsible for the negotiation and signing of contracts for several free agents and NFL Draft signings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Dominik

Idzik entered the NFL in 1993 with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He spent 11 years with the Buccaneers, first as a Pro Personnel Assistant and then was elevated to Director of Football Administration in 1996 and Assistant General Manager in 2001.

Hall Of Fame
    I'd take back Doug Martin and a 2nd for Revis.

That would be sweet!

Hall Of Fame
    @ConorTOrr: Idzik would be able to do business with former Tampa Bay co-worker Mark Dominik. The two are still close. #nyj #jets
    Nice find....we got some good old fashion reporting going on today.

Hall Of Fame
    Thanks! LOL. Someone has to unlike the beat writers.

All League
    Jets news that doesn't involve speculation stories with unnamed "person with knowledge of the situation" statements?!?! Could it truly be??

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I gotta feeling he'll be gone before 6......just this feeling.

I think Idzik is going to turn out to be the polar opposite of Tanny. Everything is tight lipped. None of these hacks in the NY Media are going to a shred of information.

Just look at the Holmes restructure no one scooped it until it was a done deal.

Idzik idz-da-man....!
    I would temper that a little, some of the trade rumors could be smoke screens by teams who are also negotiating with other CBs to create leverage.

Banned
    anything less then a first rounder for revis is simply unacceptable

if we cant get a first rounder for him it is a disgrace-if they get a first rounder I will say job well done-if they dont I will say new gm your first move is a failure

Moderator VIP Visionary
    He'd better watch his ass; holy crap I forgot about this angle (DOH!)

If he's not careful, we could lose trading partners. Idzik must know this.

Hall Of Fame
    Jason_OTC ‏@Jason_OTC
    Asomugha made $52.592 million in the last 4 years on two teams that combined for 25 wins. He had all of 5 ints and 27 PDs #Eagles