Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets have “good” offer on table for Revis per PFT

Any draft compensation that does not include a high draft choice in the 2014 draft is an enormous wasted opportunity.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Wrote a while back about Revis to the Bucs making a lot of sense. Still believe that's a very strong potential landing spot for him

Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    They run a Cover 2, so their scheme isn't really designed for a player of Revis's caliber.
    Good point. I forgot about that.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Wrote a while back about Revis to the Bucs making a lot of sense. Still believe that's a very strong potential landing spot for him
    From a few days ago

@JasonLaCanfora: Teams I'd look at as possible suitors for Revis would include SF, WSH (need cap room), TB, IND, DET (must redo Stafford) ...

Im confused. If theres a good "offer" on the table, what are the Jets waiting for? They owe revis a 1 mil dollar bonus in the upcoming days.

I understand the team would want to make sure they can sign revis long term, however the word "offer" leads me to believe that its all figured out.

If so, we should be pulling the trigger on a "good offer" asap, unless this is an attempt to drive up the price because every team is coming out and saying they are not interested.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I have a good feeling this FO knows what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by neonleon29 View Post
    Im confused. If theres a good "offer" on the table, what are the Jets waiting for? They owe revis a 1 mil dollar bonus in the upcoming days.

I understand the team would want to make sure they can sign revis long term, however the word "offer" leads me to believe that its all figured out.

If so, we should be pulling the trigger on a "good offer" asap, unless this is an attempt to drive up the price because every team is coming out and saying they are not interested.

All League

Drumming up a bidding war would be the best possible thing for the Jets

More picks, and possiblely better quality picks

I agree.. If revis agent says he hasn't even been told what team it's prob bs.. Just read an article that sums up revis value.. Sorry if already been posted..
    http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000149310/

Quote Originally Posted by VilmaMLB51 View Post
    Arent the vikings a perfect fit for revis now?

they just got a boatload of picks for percy harvin. Can take that package and send it the jets way for revis. They have the 23rd and 25th pick in the draft

They play in a division with Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall, 2 of the premier WR's in the game. Not to mention Aaron Rodger's passing attack is pretty darn good too.

They just rehabbed a player back from ACL surgery and it was probably the most successful case every done. If anyone can get Revis back to full strength in would be this medical staff.

So Whats the hold up?
    +1 GREAT POINTS..whats there cap situation??

All Pro
    The big concern I have is that Woody is driving this. No-one else just a little scared of Woody making football decisions or negotiating with much better-informed owners?

Woody wants to trade Revis for one reason - to save himself money. He's not making this decision for cap reasons or team-building reasons, it's because he doesn't want to hand out a lot of cash.

If Idzik was driving this, I'd feel more comfortable. But, since it's apparently Woody, you know the decision is being made for the wrong reasons and the Jets are likely to get taken in any potential trade.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    The big concern I have is that Woody is driving this. No-one else just a little scared of Woody making football decisions or negotiating with much better-informed owners?

Woody wants to trade Revis for one reason - to save himself money. He's not making this decision for cap reasons or team-building reasons, it's because he doesn't want to hand out a lot of cash.

If Idzik was driving this, I'd feel more comfortable. But, since it's apparently Woody, you know the decision is being made for the wrong reasons and the Jets are likely to get taken in any potential trade.

I highly doubt Woody is being cheap here with the way he has always spent money.

Still want revis as a Jet. I hope this is a sign that he'll be back with the Jets.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by mavericknyc1980 View Post
    I highly doubt Woody is being cheap here with the way he has always spent money.
    In the past, yes. Much of it foolishly on guys like Sanchez and Holmes. I think he is getting a bit gun-shy recently in terms of handing out big money, especially with the stadium to pay for and the imminent PSL revolt and defaults.

We'll be keeping a load of overpaid under-performers to salary-dump our best player, an elite NFL talent.

Unless we get a ridiculous deal - two first rounders and more - this still makes little sense to me.

In the past, yes. Much of it foolishly on guys like Sanchez and Holmes. I think he is getting a bit gun-shy recently in terms of handing out big money, especially with the stadium to pay for and the imminent PSL revolt and defaults.

We'll be keeping a load of overpaid under-performers to salary-dump our best player, an elite NFL talent.

Unless we get a ridiculous deal - two first rounders and more - this still makes little sense to me.
    I agree. And in terms of Woody paying players, why wouldn't he want to pay Revis? Revis is the one guy who has been consistently great and deserved of big money besides Mangold.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Still want revis as a Jet. I hope this is a sign that he'll be back with the Jets.
    My take from day one.

Banned

How will Woody "save" money by trading Revis? With or without Revis, the Jets will still spend $123MM on player salaries and Woody will not save a dime.

The reason he wants to unload him is because he does not want to pay one player, especially a CB, the amount of money Revis is looking for. That will strap the Jets from a salary cap perspective for the entire length of the contract, limiting Woody's ability to put a competitive team on the field.

Players salaries are the closest thing to having a fixed expense in the NFL. If Woody really wantred to save money, he'd find other areas to be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I agree. And in terms of Woody paying players, why wouldn't he want to pay Revis? Revis is the one guy who has been consistently great and deserved of big money besides Mangold.
    I don't think it's about wanting or not wanting to pay Revis...I think it's just that Woody (hopefully) recognizes that it's a bad investment for THIS team.

If Sanchez was the QB we hoped he would be and was capable of beating defenses by himself, I bet Revis gets his payday in a NY uniform. But it just wouldn't make sense to have an all-world CB on a team that can't run or pass on offense, or stop the run consistently on defense.

The only thing this team did somewhat well last year was defend opposing receivers. That's all Revis would be bringing to the table. The Jets don't need more of that, they need help everywhere else.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    How will Woody "save" money by trading Revis? With or without Revis, the Jets will still spend $123MM on player salaries and Woody will not save a dime.

The reason he wants to unload him is because he does not want to pay one player, especially a CB, the amount of money Revis is looking for. That will strap the Jets from a salary cap perspective for the entire length of the contract, limiting Woody's ability to put a competitive team on the field.

Players salaries are the closest thing to having a fixed expense in the NFL. If Woody really wantred to save money, he'd find other areas to be cheap.
    Yes, we know....you are desperate for the Jets to salary-dump Revis for a low return. It would take about, oh, ten seconds before you were on here killing them for it.

There is a difference between how much NFL owners are willing to spend. Do you think the Browns in Cincy and the likes of Jerry Jones or Dan Snyder pay out the same amount of money in cash terms?

Woody is edging closer to the Browns than the Snyders right now. And he might be the least switched on owner, football-wise, in the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP

your comments are totally unfounded!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    I don't think it's about wanting or not wanting to pay Revis...I think it's just that Woody (hopefully) recognizes that it's a bad investment for THIS team.

If Sanchez was the QB we hoped he would be and was capable of beating defenses by himself, I bet Revis gets his payday in a NY uniform. But it just wouldn't make sense to have an all-world CB on a team that can't run or pass on offense, or stop the run consistently on defense.

The only thing this team did somewhat well last year was defend opposing receivers. That's all Revis would be bringing to the table. The Jets don't need more of that, they need help everywhere else.
    And WHY exactly is it a bad investment? I've gone through this many times and I believe:

1) Even in bad seasons for the NYJ, having Revis on the team sets a good example for the younger players and always gives them a chance at winning. Revis creates a numbers disadvantage as I'm sure you already know.

2) On a good team, Revis puts us over the top. He makes us championship worthy. He's the kind of guy that will make the difference in the SB. You want Revis in the spotlight in the biggest games.

3) Players like Revis only come along once every 10 or 20 years. Most team never get the chance to have a players of Revis' talents. Most never have. They are very few and far between to come by. So WHY do you trade a guy like that when it takes so damn long to find one? It makes no sense.