Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tannebaum on NFL Network

Tannebaum on NFL Network

Did anyone see Tannebaum on the draft special? They were talking about Geno Smith and Tannebaum said he would be a great top 10 pick to develop. Thank god he is not our GM anymore. Every other person says that Smith should be taken in the 20's if that. They say he is a 2nd round pick at that. Someone will reach for Smith without a doubt but Tannebaum is a money guy and never evaluated talent. With his love for Smith it proves that to me even more than now and this is why the Jets are in the trouble they are in. I say his speciality is money and he even messed up there. Thanks Tannebaum for ruining the Jets and making NFL Network unwatchable.

I really dont understand how ESPN hires him too. Its almost like its an anti jet move to spit in the face of us fans. The guy left a mess and showed zero knowledge as a player evaluator.

Nice job ESPN...aholes!

All Pro
    Really cause i heard a lot of scout/draft experts say Geno should be the only QB in the Top 10. A lot of them seem to have higher or about the same grade on him as they did tannenhill (sp?) who was a top 15 pick..

Most folks dont think he gets past Arizona and worst case the bills

Most people are saying he will go in the top 10 because teams always overrate qbs. Hodge, Polian, McShay were on a round table for ESPN saying he will go in the top 20 because no other qb is worth taking and that another qb like Barkley or someone else will slip into round 1 because qbs are always rated higher. They questioned his footwork and accuracy. I'm not saying he isn't going to be a good qb. Just others see his flaws and know he will go early. Tannebaum didn't acknowledge the flaws and made him sound as sure of a thing as Luck. That is the difference. Tannebaum seemed to rely on his coaches because he didn't know much about evaluating talent.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis byrd 90 View Post
    Did anyone see Tannebaum on the draft special? They were talking about Geno Smith and Tannebaum said he would be a great top 10 pick to develop. Thank god he is not our GM anymore. Every other person says that Smith should be taken in the 20's if that. They say he is a 2nd round pick at that. Someone will reach for Smith without a doubt but Tannebaum is a money guy and never evaluated talent. With his love for Smith it proves that to me even more than now and this is why the Jets are in the trouble they are in. I say his speciality is money and he even messed up there. Thanks Tannebaum for ruining the Jets and making NFL Network unwatchable.
    I don't really understand that mindset. The way I see it, Geno Smith will either be a good qb or not. If the bills/cards trade down to 20 and select him and he is a complete bust; isn't it a terrible pick? And if they reach at 8/9 then and hes a superstar, then the raiders etc made huge mistakes.

Regardless, You think teams will sleep better because they think they got slightly better draft value on their bust qb? Or be mad that they reached on their pro bowl qb of the future when they could have grabbed an extra 3rd easy (via trade) and still snag him.

When it comes to 1st round qb you're putting all your eggs in one basket anyways

Mr.T took Sanchez at #5. In his eyes, Geno Smith at #10 is a "steal".

"Every Jet is the best!"

"Every ex-Jet sucks!"

"The media is out to get us!"

Shut up.

SAR I

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by CTJetFan92 View Post
    I don't really understand that mindset. The way I see it, Geno Smith will either be a good qb or not. If the bills/cards trade down to 20 and select him and he is a complete bust; isn't it a terrible pick? And if they reach at 8/9 then and hes a superstar, then the raiders etc made huge mistakes.

Regardless, You think teams will sleep better because they think they got slightly better draft value on their bust qb? Or be mad that they reached on their pro bowl qb of the future when they could have grabbed an extra 3rd easy (via trade) and still snag him.

When it comes to 1st round qb you're putting all your eggs in one basket anyways
    Add the fact that there is a cap structure for rookie deals and it makes it much easier to reach in the 1st rd. cause a 1st rd bust will no longer set u back 5 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I really dont understand how ESPN hires him too. Its almost like its an anti jet move to spit in the face of us fans. The guy left a mess and showed zero knowledge as a player evaluator.

Nice job ESPN...aholes!
    Huh? The guy was a NFL GM for seven seasons. While he made mistakes, the Jets were a solid team in his tenure. He's certainly a good resource with inside knowledge of the process, sure he's deficient in player evaluating, but I thinik your hate is a little bit much here.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Huh? The guy was a NFL GM for seven seasons. While he made mistakes, the Jets were a solid team in his tenure. He's certainly a good resource with inside knowledge of the process, sure he's deficient in player evaluating, but I thinik your hate is a little bit much here.
    That's why i laugh when i see Tanny on Path to the Draft. Talk about irony.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Really cause i heard a lot of scout/draft experts say Geno should be the only QB in the Top 10. A lot of them seem to have higher or about the same grade on him as they did tannenhill (sp?) who was a top 15 pick..Most folks dont think he gets past Arizona and worst case the bills
    Since he was the 8th player picked wouldn't that make him top 10??

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Since he was the 8th player picked wouldn't that make him top 10??
    I wasn't sure of the exact spot he was picked . So i threw out top 15. But your right.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "Every Jet is the best!"

"Every ex-Jet sucks!"

"The media is out to get us!"

Shut up.

SAR I
    LOL so true....I actually thought Tannenbaum was really entertaining on NFLN last night, he never shut up! Far cry from his tenure here LOL where he never said a work except "process".

Kind of annoying to me that people around here try to discredit Tannenbaum's drafting so much when the guy came out of the draft with so many pro bowlers.

You people need to give up on the whole idea of blasting anyone who's been fired or let go.

Revis
    Mangold
    Brick
    David Harris

Are all guys drafted by Tannenbaum. That is impressive to say the least. One hall of famer, 3 pro bowlers.

Quote Originally Posted by ASH_1962 View Post
    LOL so true....I actually thought Tannenbaum was really entertaining on NFLN last night, he never shut up! Far cry from his tenure here LOL where he never said a work except "process".
    Tannenbaum had a brutal 2012 but his work from 1997-2011 makes him the best front-office executive we've ever had. In those 15 years, the Jets averaged 9.5 wins per season with a healthy quarterback, were in the playoff conversation every year, and were given a steady flood of fun free agents to get excited about each offseason.

It's funny, really. Rex Ryan has 2 bad years out of 4 and its "give him more time!" Mike Tannenbaum has 1 bad year out of 15 and its "good riddance!"

As a group, Jets fans are epically stupid.

SAR I

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    Kind of annoying to me that people around here try to discredit Tannenbaum's drafting so much when the guy came out of the draft with so many pro bowlers.

You people need to give up on the whole idea of blasting anyone who's been fired or let go.

Revis
    Mangold
    Brick
    David Harris

Are all guys drafted by Tannenbaum. That is impressive to say the least. One hall of famer, 3 pro bowlers.
    I agree to further extend your point.
    While Not quite pro bowlers they where solid players for us.and all will have 10+ yr careers

Dustin Keller
    Lowry
    Brad smith
    Leon Washington
    Shonn Greene (To certain extent)
    Devito (good UDFA Pickup)
    Abe Elam (found off the street)

Future pro bowlers
    Wilkerson

Up and coming
    Coples

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

Revis
    Mangold
    Brick
    David Harris

+1

The hardest part about being a fan of this team is not the team itself but other fans...

you just have to LOL at the suggestion that a guy who held down a GM job for 7 years for an NFL franchise,has been in an actual live DraftRoom and and has actually made the final call on all personnel moves in that time for a team that went to 2 NFC Championship games in that time somehow doesn't know what he's doing and can't evaluate talent.....but that someone who probably sells insurance or wipes the floor at MacDonalds does

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

I agree to further extend your point.
    While Not quite pro bowlers they where solid players for us.and all will have 10+ yr careers

Dustin Keller
    Lowry
    Brad smith
    Leon WashingtonShonn Greene (To certain extent)
    Devito (good UDFA Pickup)
    Abe Elam (found off the street)

Future pro bowlers
    Wilkerson

Up and coming
    Coples
    Leon made the pro bowl and all pro in 08.. Don't S/T players count??

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Leon made the pro bowl and all pro in 08.. Don't S/T players count??
    Yea it does . But if thats case add Joe Mcknight to the Pro Bowl list.

Only makes Tanny look better and further proves my point.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Yea it does . But if thats case add Joe Mcknight to the Pro Bowl list.

Only makes Tanny look better and further proves my point.
    McKnight made it as a first alternate. Not quite the same..