Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for PatsFan Tx and patman

Question for PatsFan Tx and patman

You boys are GM of your favorite team. Do you make an offer for Victor Cruz, make it so prohibitive upfront that Giants can't match it, and give up the #1? Cruz with Brady would be pretty nasty, although he does have the dropsies from time to time. Would be a MAJOR upgrade over Welker. Would not want to face that duo twice a year.

All Pro
    Cruz for a late 1st rounder has to be tempting for any team. He would be deadly on the Pats. A scary thought.

All Pro
    I would do it in a heartbeat. Specially if the plan is to draft a Wideout.

Cruz is better than anything u will get in the 1st rd this year including the top 10

I hope they don't though. Wish we where in a position to do it.

Veteran
    Cruz want's to get paid - he already has a ring. Logic dictates that Bellicheck isn't going to pay a WR $10m a year, if he did, he would have paid Welker that money. Welker has some tread on his tires and age, he can still play at a high level for the next 3 years, and that's all of the window you look at an NFL player for, 3 years.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    You boys are GM of your favorite team. Do you make an offer for Victor Cruz, make it so prohibitive upfront that Giants can't match it, and give up the #1? Cruz with Brady would be pretty nasty, although he does have the dropsies from time to time. Would be a MAJOR upgrade over Welker. Would not want to face that duo twice a year.
    Pats desparately need a WR who can make plays downfield.

Cruz would be a very nice fit, and the Pats have plenty of money to make a generous offer, but I can't see BB giving up a #1 and paying $10MM+ in that scenario.

Wallace or Boldin would have been good fits as well. At this point, I'd even take Jennings.

First you cant make contracts with poison pills. By this I mean make the 1st year salary 15 mill and the next 3 years 5 mill per. The league says that the Giants could give the player a 15mill sb in lieu of the 15 mill salary as there is no hurt to the player and the player actually may benefit as the SB will make it more difficult to cut in future years.

If Welker leaves then I would be more open to it, but I am one of those guys that value picks more than most and don't ever want to trade draft picks. Cruz would need to get at least 8 mill for the giants to give pause to matching, and I rather give the 8 mill to Jennings and keep the #1

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    I would do it in a heartbeat. Specially if the plan is to draft a Wideout.

Cruz is better than anything u will get in the 1st rd this year including the top 10

I hope they don't though. Wish we where in a position to do it.
    And that is why he would cost you 10 mill and not 2 mill as a 1st rd pick.

The pats are drafting at 29 at 29 I rather draft Hopkins/Patton/Austin/Allen
    and use the other 8.5 mill to keep Talib/Volmer and Woodhead,

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    First you cant make contracts with poison pills. By this I mean make the 1st year salary 15 mill and the next 3 years 5 mill per. The league says that the Giants could give the player a 15mill sb in lieu of the 15 mill salary as there is no hurt to the player and the player actually may benefit as the SB will make it more difficult to cut in future years.

If Welker leaves then I would be more open to it, but I am one of those guys that value picks more than most and don't ever want to trade draft picks. Cruz would need to get at least 8 mill for the giants to give pause to matching, and I rather give the 8 mill to Jennings and keep the #1
    The Tuna and Cumar took care of that..

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    Cruz would make any team better but since the Gints dropped a first round tender on him, I just do not see him leaving big blue.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    Cruz would make any team better but since the Gints dropped a first round tender on him, I just do not see him leaving big blue.
    Aren't the Jets looking for a 1st round pick for Revis?

What's the difference?

Hall Of Fame
    The major difference is that this is Cruz first big payday....I doubt that he will be as much as a hard ass as the Revis camp is. Cruz is also unlikely to ask for money thats absurd....I like Revis but NO defensive back is worth 16 mil a year.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Aren't the Jets looking for a 1st round pick for Revis?

What's the difference?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    The major difference is that this is Cruz first big payday....I doubt that he will be as much as a hard ass as the Revis camp is. Cruz is also unlikely to ask for money thats absurd....I like Revis but NO defensive back is worth 16 mil a year.
    Damn freak, I've just wasted my time.

Hall Of Fame
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Damn freak, I've just wasted my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    The Tuna and Cumar took care of that..
    No poison pill were still used as late as 2007 10 years after Martin. Hutchinson was in 2006 and then i think it was Burlenson a year later.

That Pats never seem to learn their lesson..

They have a QB that could make Johnny Lam Jones look world class..

They have had an offense that has most certainly made them capable of winning the SB any of the past several years ...

They could probably get a mid third rounder and he would work out for them..

Their defense bites them in the ass every time..

The formula of outscoring opponents doesn't work in the playoffs when other teams get their by stopping powerful offenses..

They can go get Cruz... Go win their fourteen games.. Then wonder again why they are watching the Super Bowl on television..

All Pro
    I'm surprised Seattle didn't wait and take a shot at Cruz rather than pay more for Harvin.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    I'm surprised Seattle didn't wait and take a shot at Cruz rather than pay more for Harvin.
    harvin is better than Cruz

Hall Of Fame
    harvin can hurt you catching the ball....returning the ball...out of the backfield...he is just a more dangerous weapon the Cruz.

harvin is better than Cruz

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

No poison pill were still used as late as 2007 10 years after Martin. Hutchinson was in 2006 and then i think it was Burlenson a year later.
    How many let the player void his contract after 1 year??

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    How many let the player void his contract after 1 year??
    Hutchinson's was worse. His contract would have become fully guaranteed if he wasn't the highest paid player on the team (which Walter Jones was).

Burleson's poison pill guaranteed the entire deal if he played several games in the state of Minnesota.

After those two, the league banned the poison pills.