Thread: PREDICTIONS for the Jets by the end of today?

All Pro

PREDICTIONS for the Jets by the end of today?

What you guys think? We make any moves?

I'm gonna say that;

1- The Revis trade goes down

2- We lose Keller

3- We are however, able to resign Landry

4- We sign Victor Bulter OLB from DAL.

5- We make a surprising push to land Bonner Carwin OLB from HOU... but aren't able to compete with NOS.

6- We aren't able to resign De Vito, he winds up with CLE.

7- To no one's surprise the Jets sign Geoff Schwartz OT/G from MIN

8- All signs will point to the Jets bringing in Nnamdi by the Wednesday morning.
    Last edited by Paradis; 03-12-2013 at 11:10 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)

1 revis is traded in a deal favorable to both teams and layer.

2 tebow is let go

3 jets keep landry

4 jets keep devito

5 jets lose keller

Hall Of Fame
    if we do lose landry i see the jets making a play for the safety quin out of houston.

QUOTE=Paradis;4831135]What you guys think? We make any moves?

I'm gonna say that;

2- We lose Keller

5- We make a surprising push to land Bonner Carwin OLB from HOU... but aren't able to compete with NOS.

6- We aren't to resign De Vito, he winds up with CLE.

7- To one's surprise the Jets sign Geoff Schwartz OT/G from MIN

8- All signs will point to the Jets bringing in Nnamdi by the Wednesday morning. [/QUOTE]

I wish we could get Barwin...

That said, I predict we sign Victor Butler and lose both Landry and Devito. Devito is a great guy so that hurts, but I'll be more upset about losing Landry and that hitting.

All Pro
    My prediction nothing happens from us today. Im thinking its going to be more of a feeler period for us at the start if FA.

I dont consider our players leaving as us doing anything.

I say none of the above goes down today ...maybe a devito extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

I'm gonna say that;

2- We lose Keller

8- All signs will point to the Jets bringing in Nnamdi by the Wednesday morning.
    You really think all that going to happen by the end of the day. a week maybe. The Jets when you have limited funds aren't going to jump in that early in the free agent frenzy(maybe to sign their own guys) - as those contract are expensive) They are going to sit it out and let the market calm down and try to get their player at their price.

If one or two deals happen by tomorrow I will be shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post

I'm gonna say that;

2- We lose Keller

Interesting scenarios. My thoughts, in precentages of each one happening.

1) 10%
    2)90%
    3)50%
    4)50%
    5)0%
    6)60%
    7)10%
    8)0%
    Of the above, # 3 would make me very happy, #'s 6 & 8 very unhappy. What do you think of Garrard signing? Don't think horrible, better choice than other guys out there, I think.

Veteran
    1. It the reports are true that Revis's team has not yet seen the contract on offer from the Mystery team then I think it's unlikely that a trade goes down today. Revis and his agents are notoriously difficult to appease in negotiations so I don't see a suitor's first effort being acceptable to team Revis.

I think this standoff will drag on unless Revis and his agents get worried about the free agent cash drying up. I don't see that as being a big concern because if a franchise is going balls to the wall to sign Revis with a new contract they are likely prepared to keep cap room available. If they loose out on signing Revis, they are likely to have a plan B.

2. I think Keller will be re-signed but not by the end of the day. He likes it here, he has close friends on the team - it does not appear to be as dollar focused as many out there. I could be wrong on this, it's just a hunch.

3. Devito ? I think he is resigned, possibly by the end of the day but more likely sometime in the next week.

4. I think Moore may be gone by the end of the day, despite his age - he is well respected in the league.

5. Landry ... I don't think anything is going to happen for a few days - he may have to make some visits. I do think he is likely gone.

Hall Of Fame
    my predictions would equate to about a weeks worth of movement.....I feel this free agency as a whole is going to ne nutty.....for pretty much all the teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    1. It the reports are true that Revis's team has not yet seen the contract on offer from the Mystery team then I think it's unlikely that a trade goes down today. Revis and his agents are notoriously difficult to appease in negotiations so I don't see a suitor's first effort being acceptable to team Revis.

I think this standoff will drag on unless Revis and his agents get worried about the free agent cash drying up. I don't see that as being a big concern because if a franchise is going balls to the wall to sign Revis with a new contract they are likely prepared to keep cap room available. If they loose out on signing Revis, they are likely to have a plan B.

2. I think Keller will be re-signed but not by the end of the day. He likes it here, he has close friends on the team - it does not appear to be as dollar focused as many out there. I could be wrong on this, it's just a hunch.

3. Devito ? I think he is resigned, possibly by the end of the day but more likely sometime in the next week.

4. I think Moore may be gone by the end of the day, despite his age - he is well respected in the league.

5. Landry ... I don't think anything is going to happen for a few days - he may have to make some visits. I do think he is likely gone.
    i think keller goes. he's very average, and he's a 'sanchez' guy. and they're going to draft another qb and sanchez is gone next season. keller can be replaced with a mid round draft pick.

All League
    revis will not be traded today...or in the next few weeks.....he WILL be traded but it will be closer to draft day.

devito will remain with the jets....no doubt about it.

we will not be signing any big name FA.