Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jets Releasing Pouha

All League
    RE-SIGN THIS BEAST.

for like 1.5 mil...

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Doesn't make sense you could of just fired him. if this is a rebuilding year there can't be any serious expectations on Rex this year as far as winning goes.
    and pay the remaining 2 yrs of his contract @ $3M per?

good move

mike devito will replace pouha at the nose tackle position.look for more big changes in the jets roster.if the jets are going to rebuild.then now is the time to cleanup the mediocrity on the jets roster.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Guessing the Devito extension is getting done today.

Too bad for Big Boo. Great guy, good Jet. Pity his back injury has led to this.
    My first thought too - which makes this good news for the Jets, though I love the player. Best of luck to him wherever he lands (not NE, not NE . . .)

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    I would not be worried....writing is on the wall when big men like big POO has a chronic back injury.

Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    My first thought too - which makes this good news for the Jets, though I love the player. Best of luck to him wherever he lands (not NE, not NE . . .)

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    and pay the remaining 2 yrs of his contract @ $3M per?
    Thats never been a reason to keep a coach. I dont think its the reason now.

Class act Pouha, back and age made this cut a given. All the best to him.

Anyone know precisely how much cap space we now have?

Maybe I'm just being a bit of a homer but I like the decisions Idzik has made thus far.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Maybe I'm just being a bit of a homer but I like the decisions Idzik has made thus far.
    According to nyjetscap.com they have almost 11 million in cap room right now.

All Pro
    I love how everyone assumes we just going to "automatically" get De Vito back.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    According to nyjetscap.com they have almost 11 million in cap room right now.
    Jason's new site:

Jason_OTC ‏@Jason_OTC
    Just a reminder- all teams salary cap room will be reduced by $504,000 at 4PM today to account for the offseason workout programs

Hall Of Fame
    seeing and commenting that the man has been making wise moves does not make you a homer.....some act as though you are not supposed to acknowledge when a good move is made...its why the majority of their post even when the jets were winning is negative doom and gloom.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Hopefully, the demand for Pouha isn't that high so the Jets can resign him at a much lower price. It probably won't happen, but I can hope it does.

Hall Of Fame
    his back is not healed....its a serious issue....i fear his best days are behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Hopefully, the demand for Pouha isn't that high so the Jets can resign him at a much lower price. It probably won't happen, but I can hope it does.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Jason's new site:

Jason_OTC ‏@Jason_OTC
    Just a reminder- all teams salary cap room will be reduced by $504,000 at 4PM today to account for the offseason workout programs
    That's a Twitter site; is jetscap still up?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Big Dame and Kendrick Ellis are gonna need to make big strides this year. Especially Ellis who started off great and faded as the season went on.
    Harrison makin Big Strides ??? We'll See! Jets better draft a Nose if they plan on using 34 bc DeVito cant replace Pouha at Nose.. And i dont trust DH yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    his back is not healed....its a serious issue....i fear his best days are behind him.
    I really wasn't aware it was that big of an issue. You don't think he'd worth the vet minimum to come back?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    seeing and commenting that the man has been making wise moves does not make you a homer.....some act as though you are not supposed to acknowledge when a good move is made...its why the majority of their post even when the jets were winning is negative doom and gloom.
    Can you do me (and others I'm sure) a favor and get rid of the stupid smiley face?? Why would you put that before every post? Its punch-inspiring.

Can you imagine having a conversation with someone who wore a sh*t-eating grin before they opened their mouth, every time. Argument or no argument?

It'd be a shawn michaels kick to the face countdown.

Hall Of Fame
    he is def worth it but the jets right now need as many fully working bodies as possible to right this ship....i read awhile back that big p's injury is chronic...a man at his size and age at his position...does not look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    I really wasn't aware it was that big of an issue. You don't think he'd worth the vet minimum to come back?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by jets rooter View Post
    mike devito will replace pouha at the nose tackle position.look for more big changes in the jets roster.if the jets are going to rebuild.then now is the time to cleanup the mediocrity on the jets roster.
    Devito is not a NT. Ellis will get first shot at nose, with hopefully Harrison making strides backing up with all his potential. Devito is a blue collar utility man who is a solid, versatile, high motor player with flawless technique, with limited skill set. He cannot split, or anchor a double team, and gets no penetration, but is always in the right position, and never gives up on a play. Very safe player, and a great influence, but not an impact player. Best used as a 2 down DE. The temptation for Rex to use him in place of Ellis to the detriment of his development is my biggest fear. Ellis has the potential to be the next Nagata, but he needs to play through his mistakes, to reach his potential.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Can you do me (and others I'm sure) a favor and get rid of the stupid smiley face?? Why would you put that before every post? Its punch-inspiring.

Can you imagine having a conversation with someone who wore a sh*t-eating grin before they opened their mouth, every time. Argument or no argument?

It'd be a shawn michaels kick to the face countdown.
    LOL..LOL...add to that putting his response on top the comment he is responding to and the mile long sig......other than that he seems like a good guy though