Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I'm guessing cutting Simms won't cost anything. Releasing McElroy, if they want to, also won't cost much, if anything. Not sure how much, if any, of Garrards $ is guaranteed. Same would apply for Campbell.

So it would be one big tryout come OTAs and early TC.
    You could have Sanchez, Garrard, Campbell and a rookie battle it out for 3 spots, and release Garrard or Campbell before the season. I doubt Garrard and Campbell have fully guaranteed deals.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm guessing cutting Simms won't cost anything. Releasing McElroy, if they want to, also won't cost much, if anything. Not sure how much, if any, of Garrards $ is guaranteed. Same would apply for Campbell.

So it would be one big tryout come OTAs and early TC.
    I'm assuming the same thing but how likely is it that we're not giving any guarantees to these QBs except that they'll have a legitimate chance to compete with the losers getting cut?

I can see the competitive nature of a QB saying let's roll with it, but I can't imagine these guys aren't going to get legitimate deals that guarantee them backup positions. I'm still waiting on seeing the Garrard money before I completely flip out of course.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @BrianCoz: KC Star reporting the Chiefs have reached a deal with ex-Jet DE Mike DeVito #nyj

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    @BrianCoz: KC Star reporting the Chiefs have reached a deal with ex-Jet DE Mike DeVito #nyj
    That stinks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    With all these cheap contracts could we cut Mark Sanchez?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not surprising given the Jets made him take a pay cut last year without much of a reason to do so.

good for him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    With all these cheap contracts could we cut Mark Sanchez?
    Cutting Mark and trading Revis costs 6M against the cap. Not sure what Holmes did to restructure but if they did outright cut Mark I wouldn't complain because he's no where near that contract. The problem is that 6M could have signed Landry.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I'm assuming the same thing but how likely is it that we're not giving any guarantees to these QBs except that they'll have a legitimate chance to compete with the losers getting cut?

I can see the competitive nature of a QB saying let's roll with it, but I can't imagine these guys aren't going to get legitimate deals that guarantee them backup positions. I'm still waiting on seeing the Garrard money before I completely flip out of course.
    I can't see Garrard getting much considering he's been out for 2 seasons. IIRC Campbell was pretty cheap last yr. and can't see him getting more now.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Campbell's probably better than Garrard.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't see Garrard getting much considering he's been out for 2 seasons. IIRC Campbell was pretty cheap last yr. and can't see him getting more now.
    I hope you're right on Garrard.

I just don't see us giving Campbell the best deal on the table unless there's guaranteed money. Rumor has it that the Bears want Campbell back.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by halfsharkalligatorhalfman View Post
    Campbell's probably better than Garrard.
    Both are definitely better than Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JasonLaCanfora: Mike DeVito's 3yr deal with KC is worth $12.6M with $6.2 guaranteed. Makes $5.1M in 2013

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Mike DeVito's 3yr deal with KC is worth $12.6M with $6.2 guaranteed. Makes $5.1M in 2013

WOW, good for Devito.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Mike DeVito's 3yr deal with KC is worth $12.6M with $6.2 guaranteed. Makes $5.1M in 2013

WOW, good for Devito.
    I ain't even mad. I would have been pissed if the Jets paid that...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW, good for Devito.
    +1

The guy just got what will likely be the biggest payday of his life. Good for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

WOW, good for Devito.
    Agree. Could turn out to be only a 1 yr deal but he gets $5M this yr. Sutton has his 'hold the fort'/teach the new guys. Good for DeVito.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Cutting Mark and trading Revis costs 6M against the cap. Not sure what Holmes did to restructure but if they did outright cut Mark I wouldn't complain because he's no where near that contract. The problem is that 6M could have signed Landry.
    I don't want Landry back. We need to rebuild on the fly with young cheap players and take care of our cap this yr once and for all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree. Could turn out to be only a 1 yr deal but he gets $5M this yr. Sutton has his 'hold the fort'/teach the new guys. Good for DeVito.
    Ok. A 2 yr deal.

@JasonLaCanfora: More on DeVito's haul- he will take home $8.6M in 1st 2 yrs and the guarantee language still being finalized, actually could end up $8M guar
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-12-2013 at 07:14 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @JasonLaCanfora: Victor Butler trapped behind stars in Dallas but will do well in free agency. PIT, NO, NYJ,CLE,SEA,DEN,PHI looking at edge guys

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Would like for the Jets to pick up Karlos Dansby