Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I hope you're right on Garrard.

I just don't see us giving Campbell the best deal on the table unless there's guaranteed money. Rumor has it that the Bears want Campbell back.
    @BrianCoz: David Garrard's deal is one year, $1 million base salary

@RichCimini: Cromartie's restructure no big deal. All they did was move $$. But for those hoping #Jets would trade Cro and keep Revis, forget that now.

@Jason_OTC: Here are Cromarties estimated cap charges #Jets: http://t.co/JLTG0kYC5A

@ConorTOrr: Both are obviously simple restructures. Salaries are not being cut here, just moved around to help the cap. #nyj #jets

@brian_mcintyre: Seeing some tweets about David Garrard's deal with the #Jets. Was told his cap number is $1.1M, so that would be a signing bonus of $100k

@nyjetscap: Cromarties move saves $4.23 million in cap. Holmes should open up $3.5 million #jets #nyj

@nyjetscap: #Jets rookie costs around 5.6 mil but only need to allocate around $3.2 mil since they replace players on roster http://t.co/MphBxrPtdR

really hope we can sign Gibson tomorrow.. Goodson too would be a solid pickup too. Both are young and definitely breakout candidates. At the very least they will be as productive as those they will be replacing from last year.

Keller visiting fins per shefter.

All League
    Sources tell the Philadelphia Inquirer that the Eagles have pulled out of the Darrelle Revis trade talks.
    The Jets are reportedly in talks with the Bucs and another mystery team. That unknown organization is not the Eagles. Although they have a need at corner and plenty of cap space, GM Howie Roseman is clearly wary of breaking the bank in the free-agency market once again after the failed "Dream Team" experiment of 2011. He made a sharp, cost-effective deal with former Rams corner Bradley Fletcher on Tuesday night.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Dolphins keep on trying to make splash: Jets free-agent TE Dustin Keller will visit the Miami Dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Sources tell the Philadelphia Inquirer that the Eagles have pulled out of the Darrelle Revis trade talks.
    The Jets are reportedly in talks with the Bucs and another mystery team. That unknown organization is not the Eagles. Although they have a need at corner and plenty of cap space, GM Howie Roseman is clearly wary of breaking the bank in the free-agency market once again after the failed "Dream Team" experiment of 2011. He made a sharp, cost-effective deal with former Rams corner Bradley Fletcher on Tuesday night.
    There it is, the ol' "mystery team"...

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    There it is, the ol' "mystery team"...
    Colts?? Doubt it would be the Chiefs and I don't know what the 9ers cap sitaution looks like. History would suggest it might be the Redskins or Cowboys but they have their own cap problems.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Dolphins keep on trying to make splash: Jets free-agent TE Dustin Keller will visit the Miami Dolphins.
    What a dickhead

Banned
    @RichCimini: Cromartie's restructure no big deal. All they did was move $$.
    Isn't that why every contract is restructured?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Isn't that why every contract is restructured?
    I'm glad the Pats fans are starting to roll their eyes at Cimini.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John_0515 View Post
    I'm glad the Pats fans are starting to roll their eyes at Cimini.
    That was just a stupid comment by Cimini.

What did he expect? Cro to take a $5MM salary reduction?

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That was just a stupid comment by Cimini.

What did he expect? Cro to take a $5MM salary reduction?
    Holmes did

Jason_OTC ‏@Jason_OTC
    As expected Santonio Holmes base salary has been reduced to $7.5 million equaling his guarantee
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-13-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Banned
    Holmes did

But he didn't lose a dime of his guaranteed money.

Correct?

edit: I just saw your addition

Holmes did

Jason_OTC ‏@Jason_OTC
    As expected Santonio Holmes base salary has been reduced to $7.5 million equaling his guarantee
    But I thought the Jets FO has no leverage at all!

I'm expecting Gibson to sign today, will be very happy if he does.

Holmes, Gibson, Kerley, Hill, Draft Pick.

There's actually a ton of potential in that core.