Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    Colts?? Doubt it would be the Chiefs and I don't know what the 9ers cap sitaution looks like. History would suggest it might be the Redskins or Cowboys but they have their own cap problems.
    Ouside the box thought......Pittsburgh.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    I'm thinking the Vikings.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    +1

Just cut winfield.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    They play more cover 2. So maybe it isn't quite the fit. Of course if they make the trade they could switch to man press D. Leslie Frazier, although a disciple of Dungy, did play in Buddy Ryan's D w/the Bears.
    The Tampa 2 is alive and well in Minnesota. The simplistic scheme that was popularized by former Vikings defensive coordinator Tony Dungy during his time with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers has been a staple of Minnesota's defensive playbook over the past decade. Former Dungy assistants Mike Tomlin and Leslie Frazier implemented the scheme while serving as defensive coordinators for the Vikes. Alan Williams, Minnesota's new defensive coordinator and another Dungy disciple, has tweaked and modified the scheme to fit the team's current personnel, but the philosophy remains the same.

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap10000000846...liber-defense/
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-13-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    With all these cheap contracts could we cut Mark Sanchez?
    If Garrard and McElroy beat Sanchez out for the top two QB positions, I doubt we will see an 8.2 million Clipboard holder on our sidelines.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Interesting... he is from the area, went to Pitt, loves it there. Steelers have big time issues at cornerback and it has doomed their seasons more than once in recent years. The price might be too steep but from an on field standpoint Revis makes a lot of sense for the Steelers.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    If Garrard and McElroy beat Sanchez out for the top two QB positions, I doubt we will see an 8.2 million Clipboard holder on our sidelines.
    Sanchez will win the job because he is good in practice. He will start the season with a good game that will tease us. Then he will crap the bed the next two games before they pull the trigger for Garrard. That's what I see happening.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    Interesting... he is from the area, went to Pitt, loves it there. Steelers have big time issues at cornerback and it has doomed their seasons more than once in recent years. The price might be too steep but from an on field standpoint Revis makes a lot of sense for the Steelers.

Maybe he'll give them a home town discount 15.9 million..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pittsburgh has a worse cap situation than us. No way would they ever pay what camp Revis wants anyway.

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This team is not trying to win anything big this year. We are obviously in total rebuild mode.
    I've been seeing this a lot here. I keep seeing it every other post. Those that think this MUST get their minds out of the 1960s-1990s. Teams do not rebuild anymore... they re-tool and go for it. Teams that think that way are bottom dwellers, because in today's NFL, you win or you get gutted (coaches, players, management)... Period.

This is the NFL. There are two types of teams: Teams with great quarterbacks that are always competing for championships, and teams that do not, are trying to get there. All teams talent-wise are relatively close. They all draft from the same talent pool, some wind up better than others, but every team has good talent. Yes, they are close... closer than anyone thinks. If you can play a little D (mainly, rush the passer) and throw the ball (QB that has time to throw and then makes good throws), you have a shot at a Super Bowl. If you don't, you can't. Reeeaaally simple since about 2000, maybe 2002. The difference between the contenders and the rest is QB play. This is the new NFL, ever since (1) free agency opened up and (2) DBs can no longer grab WRs as much as they used to. That's it. Every team should be trying to develop a passing attack and develop a pass rush. If not, they should just find new occupations. I used to love ground and pound, but very few of those teams go all the way. They'll do some damage, but never go for the jugular and win a Super Bowl. Schotty, Sporano, and injuries are 1, 2, and 3 the biggest reasons why we've dropped like a stone in the past two years, and (4th) Sanchez's play is directly related to piss poor offensive coaching that has completely wrecked Sanchez's confidence (and all of the fans confidence in him as well, which piles on and makes the kid even worse) and made him a basket case of a QB throwing pics and pissing wide open targets. Maybe he can be saved maybe not. It's up to MM now. He's got a track record, something that neither Schitty nor Sparano had... he needs to develop our passing attack no matter who is our QB. Sanchez, Gerrard, rookie, McElroy, Tebow (yeah, probably not that one, but who knows in this league), or anybody else. We're not that far off. And, NOBODY is.

We have a few options. Improve the passing game and improve the pass rush. We do that, we can compete with anybody. In fact, all 32 teams can say that. That's why teams can be in the playoffs one year and stink the next. Notice all the teams can hover around .500 and make it or miss it on one play from one game. A few plays one way or another is the difference between 6-10, 8-8, and 10-6. The only teams that stay on top nowadays are ones that have a solid passing attack and a pass rush to disrupt the opponent's passing attack. I've had to repeat myself over and over in this post because people seem to not understand. We aren't a 0-16 team. And nobody is 16-0. Playoff teams can $#it the bed and a $#itty team can contend. It's a simple game nowadays... learn to pass and stop the pass. Then, you can get the job done. So no matter who are QB or WRs are, they need to perform. And no matter who our pass rushers are, they need to pressure. It's simple.

Please, everyone, stop it with this rebuild cr@p. Re-tool and compete, or die.
    Last edited by ChrisChrusher#40; 03-13-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Typos and additions...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo
    Victor Cruz will get a performance-based-pay check of $221,303. Jets' Austin Howard gets an additional $259,645.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    At a time when vets around the league are getting squeezed and cut, a small bright spot: Player performance checks go out Friday
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-13-2013 at 11:43 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Braylon Edwards ‏@OfficialBraylon
    Its been a crazy first day and a half of Free Agency. wow! Headed to my workout now tho. Im ready! Hope everyone has a great & blessed day.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like WR Brandon Gibson will continue free agent tour (next scheduled was Miami)... Jets offer may not be good enough right now #nyj

http://twitter.com/#!/MMehtaNYDN/sta...06387028504577

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ballinpb25 View Post
    Sounds like WR Brandon Gibson will continue free agent tour (next scheduled was Miami)... Jets offer may not be good enough right now #nyj

http://twitter.com/#!/MMehtaNYDN/sta...06387028504577
    Shame, as I like Gibson. But encouraging that the Jets are not going to overpay for anyone in FA. After the initial flurry, it becomes a buyer's market. Patience is a virtue.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post
    I've been seeing this a lot here. I keep seeing it every other post. Those that think this MUST get their minds out of the 1960s-1990s. Teams do not rebuild anymore... they re-tool and go for it. Teams that think that way are bottom dwellers, because in today's NFL, you win or you get gutted (coaches, players, management)... Period.

This is the NFL. There are two types of teams: Teams with great quarterbacks that are always competing for championships, and teams that do not, are trying to get there. All teams talent-wise are relatively close. They all draft from the same talent pool, some wind up better than others, but every team has good talent. Yes, they are close... closer than anyone thinks. If you can play a little D (mainly, rush the passer) and throw the ball (QB that has time to throw and then makes good throws), you have a shot at a Super Bowl. If you don't, you can't. Reeeaaally simple since about 2000, maybe 2002. The difference between the contenders and the rest is QB play. This is the new NFL, ever since (1) free agency opened up and (2) DBs can no longer grab WRs as much as they used to. That's it. Every team should be trying to develop a passing attack and develop a pass rush. If not, they should just find new occupations. I used to love ground and pound, but very few of those teams go all the way. They'll do some damage, but never go for the jugular and win a Super Bowl. Schotty, Sporano, and injuries are 1, 2, and 3 the biggest reasons why we've dropped like a stone in the past two years, and (4th) Sanchez's play is directly related to piss poor offensive coaching that has completely wrecked Sanchez's confidence (and all of the fans confidence in him as well, which piles on and makes the kid even worse) and made him a basket case of a QB throwing pics and pissing wide open targets. Maybe he can be saved maybe not. It's up to MM now. He's got a track record, something that neither Schitty nor Sparano had... he needs to develop our passing attack no matter who is our QB. Sanchez, Gerrard, rookie, McElroy, Tebow (yeah, probably not that one, but who knows in this league), or anybody else. We're not that far off. And, NOBODY is.

We have a few options. Improve the passing game and improve the pass rush. We do that, we can compete with anybody. In fact, all 32 teams can say that. That's why teams can be in the playoffs one year and stink the next. Notice all the teams can hover around .500 and make it or miss it on one play from one game. A few plays one way or another is the difference between 6-10, 8-8, and 10-6. The only teams that stay on top nowadays are ones that have a solid passing attack and a pass rush to disrupt the opponent's passing attack. I've had to repeat myself over and over in this post because people seem to not understand. We aren't a 0-16 team. And nobody is 16-0. Playoff teams can $#it the bed and a $#itty team can contend. It's a simple game nowadays... learn to pass and stop the pass. Then, you can get the job done. So no matter who are QB or WRs are, they need to perform. And no matter who our pass rushers are, they need to pressure. It's simple.

THIS x 10000000.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rather go after heward-bey rather than overpay Gibson

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets remember the more Jets UFA that sign elsewhere increases the Jets likelihood (and # of) compensatory picks they may be awarded for the '14 Draft.

With DeVito & Grrene gone. Keller and Landry about to be.

@LisaZimmerman: #Jets other UFAs: Yeremiah Bell, Brayon Edwards, Nick Folk, Lex Hilliard, Brandon Moore, Chaz Schilens, Matt Slauson, Bryan Thomas.
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-13-2013 at 04:02 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisChrusher#40 View Post

Learn to pass.....that is where your comments hit a brick wall because for a team like the Jets it IS a MAJOR rebuild to get to that level.

We have no viable RB
    Very suspect WR's
    Worst QBing in the league
    Some new holes on the o-line.

No amount of 'retooling' will get us to be good enough to contend in short order. Your best chance for success in this league is to build a good enough team to be in the playoffs and at least have a shot. If you have the basic building blocks you can then retool, if you don't you have to rebuild and if you do not go into it with an eye on a rebuild both player and salary wise you be stuck in perpetual mediocrity.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN: RT @ArmandoSalguero TE Dustin Keller Is now getting a physical and if all checks out afterwords the club and his agent will talk terms. #nyj

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Learn to pass.....that is where your comments hit a brick wall because for a team like the Jets it IS a MAJOR rebuild to get to that level.

We have no viable RB
    Very suspect WR's
    Worst QBing in the league
    Some new holes on the o-line.

No amount of 'retooling' will get us to be good enough to contend in short order. Your best chance for success in this league is to build a good enough team to be in the playoffs and at least have a shot. If you have the basic building blocks you can then retool, if you don't you have to rebuild and if you do not go into it with an eye on a rebuild both player and salary wise you be stuck in perpetual mediocrity.
    Last I checked this team that needs a total rebuild was a Stephen Hill catch away from beating the Pats in Foxboro, and a couple Sanchez picks away from beating the Titans and having a viable chance to make the playoffs....all without the best defensive player in the NFL. Does this team have holes? Absolutely. Retool and compete.