Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 573

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

  1. #261
    @AdamSchefter: Titans reached agreement on a three-year, $10 million deal with former Jets RB Shonn Greene.

  2. #262
    Wow more good bucks for another jet. Good luck to them, they will be disappointed.

  3. #263
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,919
    Maybe some Jets fans underestimate the value of their now former Jets players

    Sad to see yet another Jets home grown player go to another team

  4. #264
    Enjoy 2nd and 9 Titans.

  5. #265
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    Enjoy 2nd and 9 Titans.
    LOL this

  6. #266
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,239
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Maybe some Jets fans underestimate the value of their now former Jets players

    Sad to see yet another Jets home grown player go to another team
    Yeah, I liked Greene. But he shoulda never been the starter. He was a perfect pounder in the 2nd half of games...

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Maybe some Jets fans underestimate the value of their now former Jets players

    Sad to see yet another Jets home grown player go to another team
    Why, because some other team decided that he would make a good backup to CJ? I think just about every Jet agreed that Greene was never anything more than a backup. What evidence do you have that Greene is anything more than the backup he was just signed to be for the Titans?

  8. #268
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Reading, UK
    Posts
    5,709
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Yeah, I liked Greene. But he shoulda never been the starter. He was a perfect pounder in the 2nd half of games...
    Greene is perfect as a complement to CJ2K.

    Trouble is the Jets wanted him to BE our CJ2K.

  9. #269
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Yeah, I liked Greene. But he shoulda never been the starter. He was a perfect pounder in the 2nd half of games...
    Exactly. He had a role and when he got away from that role he wasn't nearly as good.

  10. #270
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    12,919
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Why, because some other team decided that he would make a good backup to CJ? I think just about every Jet agreed that Greene was never anything more than a backup. What evidence do you have that Greene is anything more than the backup he was just signed to be for the Titans?
    I never said he was Jim Brown

    But losing a home grown guy for what seems to be short money to me is a mistake

    Sets a bad precedence in the locker room. Most guy s want to think the team that drafts them will keep them long term

  11. #271
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,239
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Exactly. He had a role and when he got away from that role he wasn't nearly as good.
    Not only that, his value was inflated because he got so many carries... If the Jets had a legit #1 back the last 2 years, Greene might still be a Jet.

  12. #272
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Alexandria, VA
    Posts
    7,257
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I never said he was Jim Brown

    But losing a home grown guy for what seems to be short money to me is a mistake

    Sets a bad precedence in the locker room. Most guy s want to think the team that drafts them will keep them long term
    Most guys just want a fat 2nd contract, and don't really care who gives it to them.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I never said he was Jim Brown

    But losing a home grown guy for what seems to be short money to me is a mistake

    Sets a bad precedence in the locker room. Most guy s want to think the team that drafts them will keep them long term
    Sure, if they are good. Greene is average, at best. No team in the NFL team was willing to pick him up as their starter.

  14. #274
    Running backs like Greene are a dime a dozen. Hes probably worth that 3 mil to the Titans but not to the Jets. Powell>Green . Basically the same back but Powell has a little xtra burst. Now a decent speed back would be worth 3 mil to the Jets. They just dont need 2 Greene's.

  15. #275
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Running backs like Greene are a dime a dozen. Hes probably worth that 3 mil to the Titans but not to the Jets. Powell>Green . Basically the same back but Powell has a little xtra burst. Now a decent speed back would be worth 3 mil to the Jets. They just dont need 2 Greene's.
    Greene punishes tacklers on every run. He wears down a defense. He is a perfect RB to compliment a finesse runner like Chris Johnson. In now way is Powell the same player as Greene. They are very different players. If you want to add a speed back to compliment what the Jets have, we should have kept Greene, since he is the pounding back.

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Maybe some Jets fans underestimate the value of their now former Jets players

    Sad to see yet another Jets home grown player go to another team
    This...Shonn Greene got way to much criticism here.He's a good back and for a smart team in the right situation he'll be an excellent pick-up

  17. #277
    Greene can be successful, but not as a feature back, which we foolishly tried to use him as here. Since he's going to be a complementary piece to CJ in TEN, I wouldn't be surprised if he did well.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    I never said he was Jim Brown

    But losing a home grown guy for what seems to be short money to me is a mistake

    Sets a bad precedence in the locker room. Most guy s want to think the team that drafts them will keep them long term
    It sets a bad precedence in the locker room to resign players not deserving of it who have proven they can't do the job well enough. Above all else players want to win and though they will talk about how good of a team mate Greene was they will forget about him one week into the next season if we have a better back.

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJam Football View Post
    Running backs like Greene are a dime a dozen. Hes probably worth that 3 mil to the Titans but not to the Jets. Powell>Green . Basically the same back but Powell has a little xtra burst. Now a decent speed back would be worth 3 mil to the Jets. They just dont need 2 Greene's.
    What?... Powell & Greene basically the same back?...back to back 1k rushers are a dime a dozen?

    You couldn't have gotten more fail in such a short post if you tried...congrats

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Greene punishes tacklers on every run. He wears down a defense. He is a perfect RB to compliment a finesse runner like Chris Johnson. In now way is Powell the same player as Greene. They are very different players. If you want to add a speed back to compliment what the Jets have, we should have kept Greene, since he is the pounding back.
    Greene didn't punish anyone, thus his stat of being the worst starter in the league at going down on 1st contact.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us