Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Greene punishes tacklers on every run. He wears down a defense. He is a perfect RB to compliment a finesse runner like Chris Johnson. In now way is Powell the same player as Greene. They are very different players. If you want to add a speed back to compliment what the Jets have, we should have kept Greene, since he is the pounding back.
    I thought Greene was a little underrated here, he was decent, not terrible. But the idea that a RB "wears down" a defense is antiquated.

I don't think there's any proof that a bigger RB with the same talent leads to more rushing yards in the 4th quarter that a smaller RB with the same skill set.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Greene didn't punish anyone, thus his stat of being the worst starter in the league at going down on 1st contact.
    You are 100% incorrect and I guess you never sat close to the field and watched what he did to defenders. He may not have kept his feet going and continued to gain 5 yards after impact, but he always ran aggressively and laid a beating on tacklers, especially defensive backs. His violent running style was all he knew and usually took it's toll on him, which is part of the reason why he couldnt handle the every down role. That

You are 100% incorrect and I guess you never sat close to the field and watched what he did to defenders. He may not have kept his feet going and continued to gain 5 yards after impact, but he always ran aggressively and laid a beating on tacklers, especially defensive backs. His violent running style was all he knew and usually took it's toll on him, which is part of the reason why he couldnt handle the every down role. That
    He almost never made it to defensive backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I thought Greene was a little underrated here, he was decent, not terrible. But the idea that a RB "wears down" a defense is antiquated.

I don't think there's any proof that a bigger RB with the same talent leads to more rushing yards in the 4th quarter that a smaller RB with the same skill set.
    That's fair. I just think his violent running style at the end of a game can be very effective, especially on a team like the 2009 Jets that ran the ball so much. We all saw how effective he was in that role. I still think he can be a very good NFL RB in the right situation. He is just limited because he isn't good as a receiver out of the backfield, and he is one dimensional as a runner. He'd never be more than an average NFL RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He almost never made it to defensive backs.
    Stop. It's obvious you have a narrow minded agenda on the subject. Maybe Greene snubbed you when you asked him for an autograph or something.

I rather have one that is not so violent and lays a beating on tacklers and gets me at least 5 yards

Everyone wants to play for Rex.

@MMehtaNYDN: Nine days ago, Rex Ryan said: "The New York Jets are a team many players want to play for if not all." #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Everyone wants to play for Rex.

@MMehtaNYDN: Nine days ago, Rex Ryan said: "The New York Jets are a team many players want to play for if not all." #nyj
    Not when money is involved.

All Pro
    Can we not Sign Butler/Barwin already??

Anyone know where those two are at with visits?

@MikeGarafolo: WR Brandon Gibson still talking to the Jets. Still unclear if he'll make that visit to Miami tomorrow.

@MMehtaNYDN: Jets fans should keep this name in mind: Kevin Kolb. If Cardinals cut him, don't be surprised if he ultimately becomes #NYJ's Week 1 starter

All Pro
    @MMehtaNYDN: Jets fans should keep this name in mind: Kevin Kolb. If Cardinals cut him, don't be surprised if he ultimately becomes #NYJ's Week 1 starter
    I hope not. Kolb is fairly awful. Never been impressed by him at all.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    I hope not. Kolb is fairly awful. Never been impressed by him at all.
    he was good in our OC's system.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    This is true. Kolb wouldn't be a terrible pick-up.
    Last edited by Heineken08; 03-13-2013 at 06:43 PM.

I'm all for this.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Never started for a full season. Career high is 1900 yards and change. Never thrown for more than 9 TDs. Injuries played a part, but I was never too sold on him even when he was healthy.

Watch Drew Stanton become a star for the Cardinals. I will punch Tebow in the face.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    Watch Drew Stanton become a star for the Cardinals. I will punch Tebow in the face.
    And kick Tranny in the balls.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    And kick Tranny in the balls.
    Don't blame Tanny, he got con by a Snake Oil Saleman.

All Pro
    ...although I could get on board with a Kolb signing if it results in Sanchez being off the team.