Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Agreed.

Sad part is..he is right.

Who wants to play for the JETS?

We are a laughing stock. Hopefully Idzik can fix this.
    If he wants to be a professional sports writer he needs to act like a professional. Otherwise he's just like us posting random personal opinions (which may or may not be derived from facts).

Cimini acts like a self entitled ass. He can't have it both ways - try and rub people the wrong way for ratings, and then expect anyone to believe he knows anything about football.

Hall Of Fame
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Day 3 for #Jets: Brandon Gibson, Mike Goodson, Antwan Barnes starting/concluding visits.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Price point will be primary issue w/all UFAs visiting Jets. #NYJ looking to offer former Chargers OLB Antwan Barnes about $2M/yr, I'm told

.@ProFootballTalk notes Kolb's $2M roster bonus due Sat. As I mentioned yesterday,don't be surprised if Kolb ultimately becomes Jets starter

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Antwan Barnes on his way for his Jets visit. This could be a good fit for him and team that needs pass rushers. Under the radar edge rusher
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-14-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Day 3 for #Jets: Brandon Gibson, Mike Goodson, Antwan Barnes starting/concluding visits.
    WR Brandon Gibson is leaving the Jets facility to make his next visit. No deal struck. #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    WR Brandon Gibson is leaving the Jets facility to make his next visit. No deal struck. #nyj
    I would be more than happy if the Jets got Goodson and Barnes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Hey, if he wants to go to a place like Miami and be stuck behind Wallace, Hartline and Bess...then be my guest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I would be more than happy if the Jets got Goodson and Barnes.
    +1

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets sr. personnel exec Terry Bradway at WVU pro day, watching Geno Smith. Per @ByJimCorbett, Smith went 60/64 in pass drill, with 2 drops.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Hey, if he wants to go to a place like Miami and be stuck behind Wallace, Hartline and Bess...then be my guest.
    He'll be back, unless Miami overpays for a potential #4 WR. In which case, happy to see Miami overpay.

His best chance at a starting spot or major PT is probably with the Jets. If the offers are close, the Jets should still have a shot.

I hate to give this clown credibility, but this is funny to me:
    Jake Steinberg ‏@Steiny31
    I can tell you @Sapp55 is starting at one OLB spot, so likely Barnes will start on the opposite side & #Jets will look elsewhere in the 1st.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    #Jets sr. personnel exec Terry Bradway at WVU pro day, watching Geno Smith. Per @ByJimCorbett, Smith went 60/64 in pass drill, with 2 drops.
    Interesting. I am in a small minority, probably, but I would be happy with Geno at #9.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    He'll be back, unless Miami overpays for a potential #4 WR. In which case, happy to see Miami overpay.

His best chance at a starting spot or major PT is probably with the Jets. If the offers are close, the Jets should still have a shot.
    Wouldn't he be #4 w/the Jets too?

Holmes, Hill, Kerley...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I can tell you @Sapp55 is starting at one OLB spot, so likely Barnes will start on the opposite side & #Jets will look elsewhere in the 1st.
    Steiny knows nothing, let alone who will be starting at OLB for the Jets. He is BFF with Sapp.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    LOL

Steiny is a tool

No damn way Sapp is starting this year.

Hell, he might not even be on the roster.

And people think this mook is credible.

Jets Insider VIP
    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Antwan Barnes on his way for his Jets visit. This could be a good fit for him and team that needs pass rushers. Under the radar edge rusher

Holmes, Hill, Kerley...
    He would start as the 4, but Holmes is coming off an injury while Hill had the dropsies last year. Better chance of becoming a starter here than behind Wallace/Hartline/Bess

All Pro

Holmes, Hill, Kerley...
    I think he'd have a shot at #3 (with Hill, who I like, still needing some polish).

Plus, with Santonio's injury and general team-last attitude, you never know if he will be ready to play come week 1.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoops View Post
    Interesting. I am in a small minority, probably, but I would be happy with Geno at #9.
    So would I

Wouldn't be in any rush to start him either.

Let him carry the clipboard behind Sanchez and Garrard for a year then hand him the reigns in 2014.

Kolb cut....jets next?

Jets Insider VIP
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Daniel Jeremiah ‏@MoveTheSticks

According to those in attendance, Geno Smith had an impressive throwing session. Not a surprise...He has + velocity and throws a pretty ball