Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    what team would pay revis what he wants if he sat out the last year of his contract? nobody wants to pay him now, he'd be a year older and be perceived as a potential locker room problem.
    Right?...

So we agree, new contract, new team, or neither, Revis will play this year.

His leverage is limited, and for some reason its refreshing.

@BrianCoz: Jets interested in soon-to-be-released Cardinals QB Kolb: source #nyj: http://t.co/xhPdiPy6yF via @nypost

Veteran
    rumors from a Bucs forum ...

Incarcerated Bob IBN ‏@incarceratedbob

**MAJOR REVIS STORY BREAKING** New team in it and this team will surprise the **** out of everybody (Offer in) no word from Jets

Veteran
    another tweet from IB

NEW OFFER FOR REVIS!!! Jets should take the offer even though it would create shock waves through the #NFL #IBN #EXCLUSIVE coming up

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangrene View Post
    Hmmm . . . IB . . .hmm . . .

Sigh Incarcerated Bob still going strong huh?

Thanks for getting my hopes up man.It's that moron Bob lol,i don't care if he threatened to kill me,I would never believe a word he says.

another tweet from IB
    what team could revis go to that would create shock waves. pats? they wouldn't pay him. just humoring the situation.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Thanks for getting my hopes up man.It's that moron Bob lol,i don't care if he threatened to kill me,I would never believe a word he says.
    This is the Jets Rumors thread ... rumors ... nothing more nothing less ...

Banned
    I know he's a gigantic bullsh!t artist, but I actually wouldn't be shocked if this is true.

Veteran
    what team could revis go to that would create shock waves. pats? they wouldn't pay him. just humoring the situation.
    The only two teams to trade for Revis that would shock the NFL would be the Pats or the Giants.

I can believe that there is a new team in the race but I am guessing IB is grossly exaggerating ...

Drew Bledsoe was traded in division but I can't see the Jets ever trading Revis to the Giants or the Pats ...

I could see Miami or the Bills as "shocking"

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourceworx View Post
    I know he's a gigantic bullsh!t artist, but I actually wouldn't be shocked if this is true.
    I'm with you on that, mainly nonsense from IB but once in a blue moon he might have a rare snippet of truth ...

The only two teams to trade for Revis that would shock the NFL would be the Pats or the Giants.

I can believe that there is a new team in the race but I am guessing IB is grossly exaggerating ...

Drew Bledsoe was traded in division but I can't see the Jets ever trading Revis to the Giants or the Pats ...

I could see Miami or the Bills as "shocking"
    i was thinking revis for cruz.

@JasonLaCanfora: Revis to the Bucs is far from dead. Expected to heat up next week at League Meetings: http://t.co/KMkLNh7Mrd

Despite statements to the contrary by the Jets, trading star cornerback Darrelle Revis remains a priority for them and a deal with the Buccaneers is not dead, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

The desire to do a deal from both sides is there. Though they have yet to agree on a trade, those talks could easily be stoked at the owners meetings in Arizona next week.

In essence, the entire front offices will be gathered as well as the head coaches and owners. To this point, the money for a new Revis deal is not expected to be a holdup, sources said, and the Jets want to avoid a situation in which they lose Revis for nothing after the 2013 season. The Bucs would love to upgrade their struggling secondary, and the record signing of safety Dashon Goldson is not a hindrance, either, from a budget or cap standpoint.

New York is trying to get a first-round pick as part of the compensation, and the sides could get creative in how they structure the deal, with provisions that would elevate a future draft pick based on Revis' production.

Other teams could pursue Revis as well and have explored trade scenarios, but things progressed much further with the Bucs. Several league sources have identified Tampa Bay as the likely destination for him since before the combine.

Revis has one year worth $6 million left on his deal and would be seeking to become one of the highest-paid defenders in the game, but the Bucs have been heavy spenders in recent years and are trying to galvanize their fan base, fill their stadium and compete after lean years in the standings and at the turnstiles.

Veteran
    if the jets ever trade Revis to the Pats, i'm handing in my fan card to them. a turnover prone, inaccurate QB trying to complete passes against Revis? yeah right.

i wouldn't mind sending him to the giants, but for jpp and a 1st

Veteran
    i was thinking revis for cruz.

At least Cruz would only be burning our secondary in practice

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    if the jets ever trade Revis to the Pats, i'm handing in my fan card to them.
    I think a lot of people would agree with you on that ... that's a pill that even the TradeRevis team would find too bitter to swallow.

Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    if the jets ever trade Revis to the Pats, i'm handing in my fan card to them. a turnover prone, inaccurate QB trying to complete passes against Revis? yeah right.

i wouldn't mind sending him to the giants, but for jpp and a 1st

All Pro
    I'll trade with the Giants b/c Revis would then go out of conference

But if it's the Pats I tell them to go f*** themselves even they were offering a RGIII or Carson Palmer kind of deal.

EDIT: I went on Bob's site (don't ask why) and he said it is the Pats. a 2013 1st, 2014 2nd, and 2014 conditional pick. Idzik tell Beli to eat a D!ck (Assuming this is true....in which it probably isn't)
    Last edited by carlito1171; 03-14-2013 at 03:52 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

What team would shock the hell out of everyone besides the Pats? And they're the last team that would pay Revis what he's asking for.

Incarcerated Bob is a f*cking mook