Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bart Hubbuch ‏@HubbuchNYP
    Idzik on whether the Jets are going to be active in free agency: “We’ll always be active in our own minds.” Uh …

LOL

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    These tweets regarding Idzik are from an interview tonight at the league meetings in case anyone is wondering.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    John Idzik says he has talked with Revis' agents. Won't delve into the substance of those talks. That contradicts with what has been claimed

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    It’s safe to say John Idzik will never be confused with Jim Irsay when it comes to dealing with the media.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    These tweets regarding Idzik are from an interview tonight at the league meetings in case anyone is wondering.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    John Idzik says he has talked with Revis' agents. Won't delve into the substance of those talks. That contradicts with what has been claimed
    Good stuff sec.101! Thnx!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
    John Idzik doesn't say definitely that Revis will be on the team in 2013. Says its unfair to say that with certainty. Says rehab going well

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @MMehtaNYDN: Have the Jets received trade offers for Revis? John Idzik: "I can't discuss that." #nyj

Tampa writer:
    @NFLSTROUD: Idzik would not comment on any possible talks regarding Revis or disclose the teams that may have expressed an interest.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @NFLSTROUD: Jets owner Woody Johnson says he would love to have Revis on the team but open to trading him if it would make the team better.

@JasonColeYahoo: Woody Johnson says he would contemplate trading Revis or any player to make the team better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @HubbuchNYP: Woody leaves open the possibility of giving Revis a long-term extension.

@NFLSTROUD: Johnson says the reports that he doesn't want to re-sign Revis has been exaggerated. Revis has one year left on his contract.

@NFLSTROUD: Johnson said, "it's not one player' adding you must look at the "whole 53."

@HubbuchNYP: Woody, on whether he’s tired of Revis’ contract demands: “I’ll never get tired of a great player.”

@HubbuchNYP: Woody also preaches patience, says fans need to wait and see what Idzik has put together after the draft and free agency.

@JasonColeYahoo: Woody Johnson: "We're going to talk about Tebow now?"
    Last edited by C Mart; 03-17-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good stuff.

Media can spin all it wants, I'm firmly entrenched in the belief that Idzik and team are operating with mindset of either keeping Revis and re-signing him to a long term deal, or trading him if the offer comes that benefits the team and only if the team is at a stalemate on a contract extension.

Idzik and the Jets are playing this well, leveraging the market to assist in the process.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andrew Brandt ‏@adbrandt
    Idzik: "I expect Darrelle Revis to be a Jet" Translation: "No one's giving us the picks we want or giving him the money he wants."

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Good stuff.

Media can spin all it wants, I'm firmly entrenched in the belief that Idzik and team are operating with mindset of either keeping Revis and re-signing him to a long term deal, or trading him if the offer comes that benefits the team and only if the team is at a stalemate on a contract extension.

Idzik and the Jets are playing this well, leveraging the market to assist in the process.
    Refreshing to see a non emotional based decision process. Have in my mind a giddy REX and Tanny from Hard knocks. "Can you believe this" Rex proclaims to Tanny.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    JET Fans answer to Woody Johson on weather will ever attend another JET live event. "Be patient woody" We can't answer that right now!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @HubbuchNYP: Woody off to the side to Mort (but within earshot): “We spent a lot of money last year to get older and slower. It’s like, ‘What the hell?!’

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @willbrinson: Woody Johnson was asked if he can build around Revis and says "Ahhhh, no." Cites need to focus on the team/not one player

@willbrinson: On a extension "John is going to be looking at all these possibilities. If the terms of an extension would make the team better" we'd do it

@willbrinson: Is Mark Sanchez the guy at QB? "I tell you, we're focusing on it. I don't think we've seen the best of Mark yet"

@willbrinson: Is Tim Tebow going to be on the Jets? "I think we're looking at all possibilities for him."

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @HubbuchNYP: Woody off to the side to Mort (but within earshot): “We spent a lot of money last year to get older and slower. It’s like, ‘What the hell?!’
    This is so true it's not even funny.

I am loving this front office. Have i said that before?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where are the comments from Rex ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    If (when) the Jets go thru w/trading Revis, it's not a referendum on his skills or health, but a philosophical decision on what to pay a CB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    If (when) the Jets go thru w/trading Revis, it's not a referendum on his skills or health, but a philosophical decision on what to pay a CB.
    As it should be

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Idzik claims there has been dialogue with Revis’ agents, contrary to what Revis’ agents have said.

Idzik on Jets’ multiple defensive losses: “It’s still early in free agency. We all need to be patient.”

Idzik on if he wants Tim Tebow on the team: “Let’s just let this play out.”

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    RT @RapSheet: John Idzik says he "hopes" Darrelle Revis will be at the team facility when offseason conditioning begins.
    Does anyone else besides me just love the way Idzik handles himself!!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Thank You!!!

That tweet is extremely telling to me..... WOW!!!