Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Does anyone else besides me just love the way Idzik handles himself!!!!!
    add me to the list

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Manish at it again.....quite possibly the most misleading article ever written....I think I only heard Woody say he was willing to trade ANY player if it made the team better....yet the article reads otherwise

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...de-darrelle-re

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    Manish at it again.....quite possibly the most misleading article ever written....I think I only heard Woody say he was willing to trade ANY player if it made the team better....yet the article reads otherwise

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jet...de-darrelle-re
    Next time post the article text so nobody gives him any hits. Page hits is the metric that drives little punks like him in the first place to stir the pot. I for one never click.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Keep Braylon for what honestly? This team is not trying to win anything big this year. We are obviously in total rebuild mode. Why not let the younger guys play and if we do bring someone in, let him have upside and be someone who can be here in the future. Braylon offers nothing for us in a rebuild year, all he does is blocck us from seeing who'll truly be here in the coming years.

This team doesn't need aging Vets unless its for a position we can't fill with young dudes.
    Braylon for 1 more year is a good idea.
    Last year, once Holmes went down, we really had NOBODY among those young guys to throw to. Braylon will come cheap to us & he still can play...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LockeJet says : "Braylon offers nothing for us in a rebuild year, all he does is blocck us from seeing who'll truly be here in the coming years."

So for one friggin' year(which is most likely what he would sign for), he would block what?

The development of a WR who has even worse hands than he did as a Rookie?

What's one year when he'll be gone the next? It's like the NFL would cease to exist if Braylon was given a one-year deal or something...

Hill isn't going to turn into Jerry Rice in one year, LockeJet.

Besides, I see Braylon sharing time with Stephen Hill and despite what many here would think, that's NOT a bad thing for his development.

Hill certainly isn't being mentored by Holmes since the only thing HE knows is how to teach Hill to be a whiny little beeyotch on the field and off it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    LockeJet says : "Braylon offers nothing for us in a rebuild year, all he does is blocck us from seeing who'll truly be here in the coming years."

So for one friggin' year(which is most likely what he would sign for), he would block what?

What's one year when he'll be gone the next? It's like the NFL would cease to exist if Braylon was given a one-year deal or something...

Besides, I see Braylon sharing time with Stephen Hill and despite what many here would think, that's NOT a bad thing for his development.

Hill certainly isn't being mentored by Holmes since the only thing HE knows is how to teach Hill to be a whiny little beeyotch on the field and off it.
    I think Hill would benefit from having Braylon around. Braylon's had his own struggles with catching the football and seemed to work through it. That's valuable experience that he could share with Hill.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

This

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    PFT reporting that we're interested in DHB. Unknown if a visit is set up or if he's interested in the jets.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    PFT reporting that we're interested in DHB. Unknown if a visit is set up or if he's interested in the jets.
    I like it, he is a solid #2 that would give you a good 600+ yards a year.

Would love the depth chart too look like this cone week 1.

#1 Holmes
    #2 Braylon/Dhb rotating
    #3 Kerley in the slot
    #4 Hill while he develops under bray and Dhb.

Be a pretty good receiving core that.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I like it, he is a solid #2 that would give you a good 600+ yards a year.

Would love the depth chart too look like this cone week 1.

#1 Holmes
    #2 Braylon/Dhb rotating
    #3 Kerley in the slot
    #4 Hill while he develops under bray and Dhb.

Be a pretty good receiving core that.
    I'm skeptical that Hill will be able to overcome lack of hands, route-running and feel for the position; but he can't develop if he's seeing a handful of snaps a game behind guys who aren't part of the long-term answer.

Next year is a transition year as it is. Time to see what we have so the front office can continue to make informed decisions based on self-scouting (one of the major failings of the previous regime).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    DHB for a reasonable contract would be a terrific pick-up.

Still a young guy (what is he, 26?) with great size and speed.

I wouldn't have wanted him as a top ten pick in the draft (D'oh!) but, as a street FA, yup...sign me up for DHB if we can make the finances work.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko097 View Post
    I'm skeptical that Hill will be able to overcome lack of hands, route-running and feel for the position; but he can't develop if he's seeing a handful of snaps a game behind guys who aren't part of the long-term answer.

Next year is a transition year as it is. Time to see what we have so the front office can continue to make informed decisions based on self-scouting (one of the major failings of the previous regime).
    I agree to an extent, you can't develop if you are not getting enough snaps. However I think time behind some polished route runners is what he needs.

We can't give up on a 2nd round pick at this stage, I would still like to go into this season with an established #2. No reason why players like Dhb and Gibson they where after cant be part of the long term plan.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Please remove Braylon from your avatar. You are the kiss of death with Avatar pics.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Dan Graziano: Jets owner, GM talk

PHOENIX -- New York Jets owner Woody Johnson was noncommittal Sunday night on the possibility of a Darrelle Revis trade, insisting the team is not actively trying to deal its star cornerback but refusing to rule out the possibility that it could happen at some point.

"If somebody wants to make an offer, for any of our players, we'd always listen," Johnson said in the lobby of the Arizona Biltmore at the start of the NFL owners meetings Sunday. "We're not actively beating the bushes."

Moments earlier, Jets general manager John Idzik said basically the same thing. While refusing to discuss whether the Jets were actively talking to teams about a possible Revis deal, Idzik did not rule out the idea that such a trade could make the Jets better.

"Any move that we contemplate with any player will be done with the sole purpose of helping the New York Jets," Idzik said. "So if there's merit to that, we'll contemplate it. And if not, we'll move on."

Recent reports have indicated Johnson is tired of Revis constantly complaining about his contract and would rather get value for him now than ultimately lose him to free agency if he knows he won't sign him long term.

Johnson characterized those reports as "a little exaggerated," but again did not act like a man vehemently opposed to the idea of dealing his best player.

Both Johnson and Idzik said the Jets' primary focus was Revis' ongoing injury rehab and the hope that he could join the team for a portion of its upcoming offseason program.

Also, Johnson said the team is "focusing on" Mark Sanchez as its starting quarterback right now and expressed hope that new offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg could make "some changes that will make it easier for Mark."

"I don't think we've seen the best of Mark Sanchez," Johnson said.

And, of course, the Jets' decision-makers were asked about backup quarterback Tim Tebow, who remains on the roster.

"We're looking at all possibilities for him," Johnson said.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...darrelle-revis

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Conor Orr: Revis trade: Woody Johnson says reports are 'exaggerated'

In the John Idzik era, staying on top of public perception has not been a high priority.

After reports surfaced that owner Woody Johnson was interested in dealing star cornerback Darrelle Revis – reports that broke on Idzik’s first day – Idzik asked for patience, and did not comment again for more than a month.

Speculation surrounding a potential deal has only mounted in the meantime, and speaking Sunday at the Arizona Biltmore in Phoenix on the eve of the league’s annual meetings, Idzik and owner Woody Johnson did their best to address another month’s worth of building rumors while still remaining vaugue.

The main points, according to multiple reports coming out of Arizona:

• Johnson said that his reluctance to sign Revis to a long-term extension is “patently untrue” and that reports out there are exaggerated. He added that any NFL team would hear out trade offers for their best player.

• Johnson also said that he would love to have Revis on his team, and is not “tired” of the constant back and forth with Revis (two holdouts, and the current situation).

• Idzik said that reports he has not spoken to Revis’ agents is untrue and insists he has had a dialogue with them. He added that he “expect(s) Darrelle Revis to be a Jet.”

• As it pertains to free agency, Idzik, again, preached patience. He doesn’t see the recent exodus as a “gutting” and hopes that fans can take a step back and allow them to build.

• Johnson doesn’t think we’ve seen the best of Mark Sanchez, who has high hopes for new offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg. Neither he nor Idzik would touch the Tim Tebow situation, though.

• Both said that Tebow is still a part of the team and reiterated a company line about competition at every position. It is Idzik’s mantra, and one that he seems to be sticking to.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...woody_joh.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RichCimini: Jets re-sign Purdum, long snapper: The Jets filled a hole in their roster by re-signing long snapper Tann... http://t.co/NEf1BRaWN5 #nyj

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @RichCimini: Cowboys have had conversations with free-agent G Matt Slauson, per ESPNDallas. Connection: Bill Callahan, who coached MS at Nebraska, #Jets.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Titans released QB Matthew Hasselbeck, team announced.

Edit: Jets???

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    what about kellen winslow to replace keller?

The Raiders have shown interest in free agent TE Kellen Winslow.
    Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Winslow's knees are "finally healthy" and he wants to "keep going." We'll believe it when we see it. The Raiders are in the market for a tight end and could offer Winslow a minimum salary contract.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Titans released QB Matthew Hasselbeck, team announced.

Edit: Jets???
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    what about kellen winslow to replace keller?

The Raiders have shown interest in free agent TE Kellen Winslow.
    Per NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Winslow's knees are "finally healthy" and he wants to "keep going." We'll believe it when we see it. The Raiders are in the market for a tight end and could offer Winslow a minimum salary contract.
    No.