Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 573

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

  1. #41
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,136
    Brandon Gibson - WR - Rams
    The New York Daily News reports the Jets' interest in free agent Brandon Gibson is "serious."
    Gang Green is the buzzed-about Gibson's first serious suitor, at least publicly. He'd provide a jolt of experience and production to a receiver corps lacking both, but is an obvious candidate to get overpaid. The Jets don't have much money to throw around, so they could be out if a bidding war comes about.
    This is Justin McCareins vol 2. I shouldn't have made that joke. Its fcking real...

    I don't know if I can live through this one folks. Gibson is the kind of guy you sign when you have Calvin, or a Larry along with a strong TE. He's serviceable situational guy, who sometimes uses his size to make big plays.

    God help us.

  2. #42
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    This is Justin McCareins vol 2. I shouldn't have made that joke. Its fcking real...

    I don't know if I can live through this one folks. Gibson is the kind of guy you sign when you have Calvin, or a Larry along with a strong TE. He's serviceable situational guy, who sometimes uses his size to make big plays.

    God help us.
    It could be worse, we could be showing interest in Mohammed Massaqoui... O wait we are showing interest in Mohammed Massaqoui

    Per Semen-I

    In addition to WR Brandon Gibson, #Jets have interest in Browns WR Mohammed Massaquoi, I'm told. Could wait out initial wave of free agency.

  3. #43
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,136
    *sigh*.... sounds of footsteps. A door's closed.... GUNSHOT.

    *falump* man down.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    This is Justin McCareins vol 2. I shouldn't have made that joke. Its fcking real...

    I don't know if I can live through this one folks. Gibson is the kind of guy you sign when you have Calvin, or a Larry along with a strong TE. He's serviceable situational guy, who sometimes uses his size to make big plays.

    God help us.
    No, it's not. McCareins was a RFA and the Jets traded a 2nd round pick to then be able to sign him...

    Gibson is an UFA

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I am. The Sanchez deal was worse. Holmes at least was productive when he was healthy. And last year he got injured.
    Productive if your idea of productive is a 600 yard a year #1 WR who gets lots of targets. He has put up jag numbers for the jets since he got here because you could give chaz frickin schillens the playing time and ops that holmes had and he would muster up 600 yards as well. That is what makes him such a disaster. Highly talented problem Wr's that put up good numbers like a B. Marshall and you wrinkled your nose, wince and try and put up with his antics. Holmes hasn't even been that productive at all.

  6. #46
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Polian: Tebow 'not an NFL quarterback': ESPN NFL analyst Bill Polian shoveled some dirt on Tim Tebow dur... http://es.pn/XoFOKc #nyj

    "Tim Tebow's time with the Jets is over. His time as an NFL quarterback is probably over. If I were a general manager I'd say to Tim Tebow, If you want to come in here and you want to play running back, you want to play H-back, you want to play tight end and contribute on special teams, there's a job for you, because Tim Tebow's a football player. But he's not an NFL quarterback, and his days as an NFL quarterback are probably over."


    BAM!

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    It could be worse, we could be showing interest in Mohammed Massaqoui... O wait we are showing interest in Mohammed Massaqoui:eek:

    Per Semen-I

    In addition to WR Brandon Gibson, #Jets have interest in Browns WR Mohammed Massaquoi, I'm told. Could wait out initial wave of free agency.
    LOL! Oh, Gaht.

  8. #48
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,136
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    No, it's not. McCareins was a RFA and the Jets traded a 2nd round pick to then be able to sign him...

    Gibson is an UFA
    Who cares. I was referencing the calibre of failure, not the circumstances. Gibson is the kind of player who's ceiling is just high enough to tickle teams into thinking ...."hey, maybe there's more to this kid" ....Which there isn't. But he'll get his 5 year 25 million dollar deal. And fade into obscurity within 2 years.

  9. #49
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    TE Dustin Keller will be in play for the Titans if they lose free agent Jared Cook, per source.

  10. #50
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Who cares. I was referencing the calibre of failure, not the circumstances. Gibson is the kind of player who's ceiling is just high enough to tickle teams into thinking ...."hey, maybe there's more to this kid" ....Which there isn't. But he'll get his 5 year 25 million dollar deal. And fade into obscurity within 2 years.
    Lets wait until something actually happens before declaring disaster. Gibson for 3 years and like 9 million, totally cool. Gibson for 5 years 25 million, go nuts.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Lets wait until something actually happens before declaring disaster. Gibson for 3 years and like 9 million, totally cool. Gibson for 5 years 25 million, go nuts.
    and then they cut holmes.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    ...
    That seems clear enough. That doesn't mean another team is ready to pay Revis too. All of the stories include conflicting information and sound unsure about the footing of their reports. The same Daily News report that says the Jets are "headed for a divorce" ends with the following question:

    "Will the Jets pull the trigger?"
    Freakin hacks... what a joke!


  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Lets wait until something actually happens before declaring disaster. Gibson for 3 years and like 9 million, totally cool. Gibson for 5 years 25 million, go nuts.
    Without giving up a 2nd round pick..

  14. #54
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,412
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    "Tim Tebow's time with the Jets is over. His time as an NFL quarterback is probably over. If I were a general manager I'd say to Tim Tebow, If you want to come in here and you want to play running back, you want to play H-back, you want to play tight end and contribute on special teams, there's a job for you, because Tim Tebow's a football player. But he's not an NFL quarterback, and his days as an NFL quarterback are probably over."


    BAM!
    O Canada!
    Our home and native land!
    True patriot love in all thy sons command.
    With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
    The True North strong and free!

  15. #55
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,732
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Without giving up a 2nd round pick..
    Haha yes, that too!

  16. #56
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,247
    Am I crazy for wanting to sign Larod Stephens-Howling?? He will be cheap, can be a nice threat in the passing game and return game. Only 25 years old.

  17. #57
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,247
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    O Canada!
    Our home and native land!
    True patriot love in all thy sons command.
    With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
    The True North strong and free!
    LOL...did you have to look up the words to that???

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    O Canada!
    Our home and native land!
    True patriot love in all thy sons command.
    With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
    The True North strong and free!
    Well played! or sung!

  19. #59
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,412
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...did you have to look up the words to that???
    Yep..

  20. #60
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,247
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Six teams interested in Jets DE Mike DeVito, per source. He's going to hit free agency. #nyj

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us