Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jet ONLY speculation and rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Six teams interested in Jets DE Mike DeVito, per source. He's going to hit free agency. #nyj
    What am I not getting about Devito? I mean, he's fine. I just don't see the guy as a great player worthy of a bidding war.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    What am I not getting about Devito? I mean, he's fine. I just don't see the guy as a great player worthy of a bidding war.
    He is a solid player, not spectacular but does his job very well. He isnt a sack guy so he will never get the attention, but as a 3-4 run stuffing DE he is pretty good.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Gibson had two touchdowns against the Jets in their game last year. #nyj

Well that pretty much seals the deal for Rex. Consider him a Jet.
    Remember when Justin McCarreins (sp?) had a great game against us?

You aren't missing anything. Six teams are interested in a cost effective role player.

Which means that four smart teams will stop bidding when two stupid and desperate teams overbid and then one really stupid team overpays.

We need to hope that the Jets aren't that last team.

All Pro
    It's cause he's a low risk buy. He's good at what he does and that's not likely gonna change. It's a sure way to shore up your D-line if you're trying to plug the dam.

There's a number of teams converting this year under new coordinators to a 3-4, coupled with the usual recycled need, means a thirsty market...

He is a solid player, not spectacular but does his job very well. He isnt a sack guy so he will never get the attention, but as a 3-4 run stuffing DE he is pretty good.
    Also I think with our budget and what we are prepared to pay, I don't think we will get a better replacement in FA.

And there is no way we draft d-line first round 3 years on a row.

I can see the Jets making a play for Connor Barwin or James Harrison. We need a badass OLB badly and both these guys would bring some toughness to the position.

@RavensInsider: Hearing there's heavy interest in defensive lineman Mike DeVito with quick decision coming, per a league source.

Quote Originally Posted by kali yuga View Post
    You aren't missing anything. Six teams are interested in a cost effective role player.

Which means that four smart teams will stop bidding when two stupid and desperate teams overbid and then one really stupid team overpays.

We need to hope that the Jets aren't that last team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    It's cause he's a low risk buy. He's good at what he does and that's not likely gonna change. It's a sure way to shore up your D-line if you're trying to plug the dam.

There's a number of teams converting this year under new coordinators to a 3-4, coupled with the usual recycled need, means a thirsty market...
    Thanks, guys.

@ConorTOrr: RT @AdamSchefter: #Jets WR Santonio Holmes' has agreed to a restructured contract and will remain with the team for the 2013 season.

Shelter is the best! Trumps all the Jets beat writers on this. Unreal.

Hall Of Fame
    Dave Birkett ‏@davebirkett
    Keep your eye on LaRon Landry as a safety option for the Lions when free agency opens at 4 p.m. today http://on.freep.com/ZGjnvW

Dave Birkett ‏@davebirkett
    Keep your eye on LaRon Landry as a safety option for the Lions when free agency opens at 4 p.m. today http://on.freep.com/ZGjnvW
    They wanted him last season too, IIRC.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    They wanted him last season too, IIRC.
    You are right. They dont have a ton of money, but enough to get Landry.

@MMehtaNYDN: Santonio Holmes will, indeed, be back with the Jets in 2013, as @AdamSchefter reported. I'm told it is a new, re-worked deal. #nyj

You are right. They dont have a ton of money, but enough to get Landry.
    don't want the jets to overpay for landry. they can draft a safety this year w/o his injury history who is a better cover guy.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    don't want the jets to overpay for landry. they can draft a safety this year w/o his injury history who is a better cover guy.
    Look for a stupid team like Dallas to draft the honey badger far earlier than he should be.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    I was referring to the Lions cap, but the same can be said about the Jets.

@DWAZ73: btw, Sione Po'uha (released today) definitely won't be coming back to #Jets during free agency. He'll be playing elsewhere. Will be missed.

@ProFootballTalk: Bucs are the likely Revis destination, if the Jets move quickly http://t.co/2n7rjDlw2l

@ProFootballTalk: Here's why the Jets shouldn't get the same deal for Revis that the Vikings got for Harvin http://t.co/2n7rjDlw2l